Zabardast digital box!

[quote=“johnny98, post:3, topic:16359”]

I think this should be available all over Pakistan, but for some reason the ad only shows local cable operators from Karachi. Channels list which I’ve obtained from someone who has obtained this service already is SIMPLY AMAZING! Lots of quality entertainment, news and sports channels. Here’s the list:

01 FOOD CHANNEL

02 ZEE KHANA KHAZANA

03 OSN KIDS

04 CBEEBEIES

05 BABY TV

06 POGO

07 DISNEY CHANNEL

08 DISNEY XD

09 NICKLODIAN

10 BBC WORLD

11 CNN

12 AL JAZEERA

13 SKY NEWS

14 FRANCE 24 ENGLISH

15 EURO NEWS

16 BLOOMBERG

17 CNBC-E

18 STAR PLUS (NO AUTHORISED)

19 STAR ONE (NO AUTHORISED)

20 SONY (NO AUTHORISED)

21 ZEE TV

22 IMAGINE TV

23 COLORS TV (NO AUTHORISED)

24 SAB TV

25 SAHARA TV

26 ZEE SMILE

27 ETV URDU

28 ZEE CINEMA

29 ZEE PREIMIER

30 ZEE ACTION

31 LOTUS

32 STAR GOLD

33 B4U MOVIE

34 ENTER 10

35 SET MAX

36 9X

37 FILMY

38 UTV MOVIE

39 9XM

40 Z ETC

41 B4U MUSIC

42 ZING

43 MTV INDIA

44 BINDAAS

45 V INDIA

46 ZOOM TV

47 VH-1

48 V INTERNATIONAL

49 TRACE URB

50 OSN-E

51 OSN STYLE

52 BBC ENTERTAIMENT

53 E-2

54 AXN

55 FOX

56 STAR WORLD

57 OSN FIRST

58 OSN TRAVEL

59 AL-QURAN MAKKAH

60 TLC

61 FOX TRAVEL

62 OSN SPORTS

63 STAR SPORTS

64 NEO SPORT

65 TEN SPORTS

66 TRACE SPORTS

67 TEN ACTION

68 TEN CRICKET

69 NEO CRICKET

70 STAR CRICKET

71 ESPN

72 REAL MADRID

73 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

74 NAT GEO ADVENTURE

75 NAT GEO WILD

76 DISCOVERY

77 DISCOVERY SCIENCE

78 DISCOVERY TURBO

79 ANIMAL PLANET

80 OSN PREMIER

81 OSN ACTION

82 OSN FESTIVAL

83 OSN CINEMA

84 OSN COMEDY

85 TOP MOVIE

86 STAR MOVIES

87 PANORAMA

88 HBO

89 MGM

90 MBC-2

91 MBC-MAX

92 MBC ACTION

93 SONY PIX

94 UTV ACTION

95 FX

96 WB

97 ETV GUJRATI

98 MBC PERSIA

99 PEACE TV URDU

100 HADI TV

Unfortunately, even in Karachi some cable operators are dragging their feet and delaying provision of this service to their subscribers for some reason. I think with these channels, local cable operators can now compete with PTCL IPTV, DWN and Worldcall.

[/quote]

* As far as i know i did approach each and every cable operator and end up hearing the same stuff that i need to contact the cable operator of my area. I dont get this…? Can you let me know which area of karachi are you ? and which cable operator is providing this device? Thank you*

[quote=“johnny98, post:220, topic:16359”]

I say go for it but ask your local op to give you some sort of guarantee that he will not “drag his feet” and delay renewal if you make timely payment.

btw how much is he charging you for the box and monthly digital renewal?

[/quote] he is asking for 5k rupees , is it fine?

[quote=", post:222, topic:16359"]

he is asking for 5k rupees , is it fine?

[/quote]

Yes.

may i please have all the details

contact number

office location

problems

and price :lol:

Hey guys just need to know this so called digital box working or not???????? i bought this #$%# in april of this year.. it was fine for one month than the prob for renewal & system upgradtion prevailed most of the time........... my subcription expired on july 2nd since than my cable wala is prolonging the renewal process with lame excuses k bahi kam chal rha hai, har jaga yeh box band hai kisi ka pass ni chal rha hai, software update ho rhe hai and balah balah,,, it been two weeks my digital box is with him ... it casues frustration and irritration by calling that stupid cable wala at least once in day abt the enquiry... would you please elaborate what is the matter with this product.. why they are intentinaly delaying renewal process,,, and with pemra banning all the indian channels further causes doubts over the contnuity of this product... please guys reply does any one facing similar problem

Which area are you in? Cable operator's name? See my posts on the last few pages of this thread regarding similar problems.

Bottom line is if your local cable wala doesn't cooperate, you can't get this service.

If your cable is from KCS or Imedia, I can try and get you a new box through a friend but you'll have to pay for the whole thing and subscription again. PM for info.

bhai cable walo na sare indian block kar dya hian analog par johnny yar digital par sab on ha ya us pa b eh cloed ?

[quote=“waqar22, post:227, topic:16359”]

bhai cable walo na sare indian block kar dya hian analog par johnny yar digital par sab on ha ya us pa b eh cloed ?

[/quote]

All indian channels running on digital. Pemra has probably closed them on analog because they want all cable ops to shift to digital as previously mentioned.

Is wala avalaible in Clifton block 5 karachI

[quote=“Subash, post:229, topic:16359”]

Is wala avalaible in Clifton block 5 karachI

[/quote]

Who is your local cable from? imedia, KCS, digi?

today i called Imedia and they said that Zabardast box is closed and no more working.....

is it true?

[quote=“DaPakiGuy, post:231, topic:16359”]

today i called Imedia and they said that Zabardast box is closed and no more working…

is it true?

[/quote]

Not true. Call the digital service provider’s direct number and ask them. It’s 455-something, posted earlier in this thread. Company is called Digi/SDN. If you talk to them directly, tell them what imedia a## h#l3s are saying and that they’re not cooperating.

[quote=“DaPakiGuy, post:231, topic:16359”]

today i called Imedia and they said that Zabardast box is closed and no more working…

is it true?

[/quote]

The number is 455-1104 and I’m not sure but maybe what you said IS true because I tried calling that number just now and nobody’s answering. My box was working fine until Sep 5 when the card expired and my local cable is doing his usual topi drama.

Update: the service is still running but SDN have stopped receiving calls at that number, probably to make it more difficult for people to get this service. Hum hein pakistani! pakistan zindabad! :)

I wonder if anyone can share their input with regards to this service being launched in such a pathetic and poorly thought-out, non-user friendly manner and it's apparent failure. I think even after almost a year of it's launch, not more than a handful of people in Karachi have been able to enjoy this service and that too with a whole lot of hassle.

I think it's been a huge disappointment overall. One would've thought with the amount of investment that probably went into setting up everything at the provider's end, they would've tried to make a stronger effort to ensure that more people got access. Anyone care to comment?

SDN service will be off and new better with mpeg4 HD STB will be available in few days or weeks so be patience

this guy SDN wanted to rule whole Karachi and then whole Pakistan through political pressure which got backfired cant share more on this

[quote=“multichoice, post:236, topic:16359”]

SDN service will be off and new better with mpeg4 HD STB will be available in few days or weeks so be patience

this guy SDN wanted to rule whole Karachi and then whole Pakistan through political pressure which got backfired cant share more on this

[/quote]

So multichoice, you said this about 8-10 months ago and then disappeared. Never shared any more info on this. And what about those of us who paid Rs. 5000 for this now useless box? How do we return this, how do we get a refund or should we just use it as a paperweight now?

Also, this new, better service that you talk about but can’t talk about will this have OSN channels? How will we be be able to get our sticky, smelly hands on another useful for a few months and then useless paperweight, sorry I mean the new digital box? Who should we contact and how soon will the new service providers disappear? ETA and ETD please.

Thanks for not sharing any more info on this as usual. :)

Well at least you try to give us some hope, like Robin in The Dark Knight Rises and that’s a good thing. :)

Aha! You're probably referring to this: http://www.nayatel.pk/hd-box.php

Anyway, without OSN channels in the lineup I don't think any new digital service would be a major success.

Zabardast Digital box for Sale :

I want to sellout my Zabardast digital box having best condition with recharge of 3 months (free) @ Rs 4,000 . If any body want to buy then contact me to following number .

cell: 0321-2030932

Fahim

[quote=“f4fahi, post:239, topic:16359”]

Zabardast Digital box for Sale :

I want to sellout my Zabardast digital box having best condition with recharge of 3 months (free) @ Rs 4,000 . If any body want to buy then contact me to following number .

cell: 0321-2030932

Fahim

[/quote]

Thanks for your time on the phone yesterday and for the info you provided about card renewal. I’m sorry to say this but it does sound like you’re trying to get rid of your box because this service is going to get shut down pretty soon. SDN has already stopped answering their phone and the cable networks whose digital signal this service relies on (i.e. Imedia, KCS, MPC, etc) are all saying this service is gone! So you can’t guarantee that anyone who buys your box will be able to use it for 3 months or any period of time because you can’t stop those networks from cutting off the digital signal whenever they want to.

Unless you get a firm guarantee from SDN that this service will be available for the next 12 months or more, I don’t think anyone should bother to waste their money on this box. Take it from someone (ME) who paid 5,000 to get it and it lasted just 3 months. Now SDN has DISAPPEARED and they are obviously NOT going to refund anyone.