Zabardast digital box!

Errr, I can't find the edit button to edit my post :blink:. Asad, kindly edit the post on my behalf :P

[quote=“jDk, post:201, topic:16359”]

Errr, I can’t find the edit button to edit my post :blink:. Asad, kindly edit the post on my behalf :P

[/quote]

Ah, many thanks! I’m sure the curse will be lifted shortly after the edit. :)

Quite surprised to find that one of the cable operators whose logo is shown in the ad for this service, namely Home Vision, has still not started providing its subscribers this service. Looks like local cable ops are involved in a "price war" with Skyline and are trying to mount pressure on Skyline to reduce its box and monthly subscription charges probably because a large number of existing analog customers have simply refused to pay large sums to obtain this service.

I don't know if these tactics will work in the near future.

[quote=“Alexa, post:70, topic:16359”]

if you want a box IM me i will provide you we have the boxes … we can arrange it for you but make sure that your cable is KCS original because mostly cable operators are using only In-house movies channels of kcs … i cant post my number here you can contact me in my private message i dont know the rules of this forum … thanx

box price is 5500/-

[/quote] I need the box please give me ur contact number and all the details please tell me does this box offers “Hadi” T.v too

that defnitely means that this box is problem oriented ? luckly i havent bought the box yet so what do u guys suggest is there any chance of improvement in their service and i should gamble to buy the box , i would appreciate any suggestions in this respect

[quote=", post:205, topic:16359"]

that defnitely means that this box is problem oriented ? luckly i havent bought the box yet so what do u guys suggest is there any chance of improvement in their service and i should gamble to buy the box , i would appreciate any suggestions in this respect

[/quote]

Not necessarily the box itself but the people who’re running this service are definitely problem-makers. Based on my personal experience, I’d advise you not to get this service for at least 2-3 years or if you do, DON’T PAY ANYTHING UPFRONT! Try it out for at least 6 months free and if everything goes smoothly, THEN pay them.

The problem is that you will need to depend on your local cable op to get your digital subscription renewed every month and we all know that local ops are @$$H0L3z and the @$$H0L3z at Skyline (digi) who are providing this service from their headends will not accept direct payments from you even if you offer to pay them $200,000 per month. So if after 30 days of getting the box your @$$H0Le local op refuses to get the card renewed because somebody kicked him in the @$$ too hard the other night, you’re stuck.

It’s pretty easy to find a solution. Skyline can easily receive direct payments form its subscribers via easypaisa and it should be up to the subscriber whether they want to renew on a monthly basis or for 3 months or even 6 months at a time and pay Skyline their fee accordingly, then pay the local @$$Hole’z commission, Rs. 200, 300 or whatever to the local op directly every month along with the standard analog cable fee. Simple as that. Your subscription gets renewed on time and everybody gets paid on time. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Since we’re Pakistanis we’re naturally FCEd in the head and that’s why we need to make everything a TOTAL CRAPPY BULL$#ITT1NG RETARDED MESS.

So there you have it @kingdom. How’s that for a review?

[quote=“johnny98, post:206, topic:16359”]

Not necessarily the box itself but the people who’re running this service are definitely problem-makers. Based on my personal experience, I’d advise you not to get this service for at least 2-3 years or if you do, DON’T PAY ANYTHING UPFRONT! Try it out for at least 6 months free and if everything goes smoothly, THEN pay them.

The problem is that you will need to depend on your local cable op to get your digital subscription renewed every month and we all know that local ops are @$$H0L3z and the @$$H0L3z at Skyline (digi) who are providing this service from their headends will not accept direct payments from you even if you offer to pay them $200,000 per month. So if after 30 days of getting the box your @$$H0Le local op refuses to get the card renewed because somebody kicked him in the @$$ too hard the other night, you’re stuck.

It’s pretty easy to find a solution. Skyline can easily receive direct payments form its subscribers via easypaisa and it should be up to the subscriber whether they want to renew on a monthly basis or for 3 months or even 6 months at a time and pay Skyline their fee accordingly, then pay the local @$$Hole’z commission, Rs. 200, 300 or whatever to the local op directly every month along with the standard analog cable fee. Simple as that. Your subscription gets renewed on time and everybody gets paid on time. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Since we’re Pakistanis we’re naturally FCEd in the head and that’s why we need to make everything a TOTAL CRAPPY BULL$#ITT1NG RETARDED MESS.

[/quote]

this mess is a political issue lots of people are involved into this and everyone wants a share the skyline people does not want any other system to come up in the Karachi city and they want there monopoly in karachi that is the real reason why almost all the cable operators are not cooperating with them and does not wants to run there service

i hope now the picture is clear !!!

[quote=“multichoice, post:207, topic:16359”]

this mess is a political issue lots of people are involved into this and everyone wants a share the skyline people does not want any other system to come up in the Karachi city and they want there monopoly in karachi that is the real reason why almost all the cable operators are not cooperating with them and does not wants to run there service

i hope now the picture is clear !!!

[/quote]

@multiplechoise-solutions as you have access to insider info on these issues, do you mean to say that NONE of the cable operators that are listed in Skyline’s ad, such as imdia, kcs, home vision are cooperating with skyline? And does this mean that all of these ops are not offering this service to their subscribers?

I don’t see how skyline can stop any other digital operator to pop up. They can surely not try and stop worldcall and they’ve been offering digital services for quite some time now. How can they stop other companies from doing so and if their attitude is rigid, how will they get local cable ops to start offering their service to end users?

I’ve had a few conversations with skyline people and I’ve given them my feedback regarding their idiotic payment/renewal procedures but I think all of that has fallen on deaf ears. But I’ve heard that some operators other posh localities are indeed offering this service to their customers who are more than happy to pay for better quality and international channels. I’ve also seen that several local ops in many areas have started inserting some of skyline’s digital channels into their analog streams and skyline knows about this as well, so I don’t quite understand your point about “politico pressure” because not every cable operator can invest as much money as skyline has to obtain popular premium channels.

The only beef that local ops have with skyline to the best of my understanding is that they need to PAY skyline on a regular basis and as we all know, local ops are not too efficient when it comes to collections or PAYING others are they? Hence the problem.

[quote=“johnny98, post:206, topic:16359”]

[/quote] Thanks Johny Bro , you meant even if i pay off my dues via easy paisa by my self i’ll remain in problem right ?

[quote=", post:209, topic:16359"]

Thanks Johny Bro , you meant even if i pay off my dues via easy paisa by my self i’ll remain in problem right ?

[/quote]

You can call me @98. :)

You can’t do that as you have to pay your local op for renewal. If your local op is a responsible individual (they rarely ever are) then you won’t have any issues with renewal, otherwise you may have to call them 5 times a day for at least 10 days after your “entitlement days” run out. You can try getting your subscription renewed for 3 months at a time to avoid problems every month.

Btw who’s your local op and which area? And are you sure they’ve started offering this service?

hey guys from past few days MPC digital tv is not working properly... only few channels are doing fine in nights but the position is worse during days. rest channels have glitches all day long.. is there any technical hitch with the server or they are doing regular maintenance stuff. any digital subscriber would u please endorse me..are any of you facing the same problem?????

[quote=“shoaibhi, post:211, topic:16359”]

hey guys from past few days MPC digital tv is not working properly… only few channels are doing fine in nights but the position is worse during days. rest channels have glitches all day long… is there any technical hitch with the server or they are doing regular maintenance stuff. any digital subscriber would u please endorse me…are any of you facing the same problem???

[/quote]

Please answer the following questions in order for us to look into this problem. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks.

1. What’s the “position” during the day?

2. What sort of glitches do you get and on what channels in particular (name a few in your own words, in alphabetical order).

3. How many channels do you get in all?

4. Is your cable directly from MPC or a local op/loop holder and if so what are they called?

5(a). On your digital remote press menu and then go to Installation -> Quick search, then check the both signal values on freq 435 and then on 443 and post the values here.

( b ). Repeat this process in the evening and post the values again.

6. Do you face any problems with renewal with your cable op?

1-During day only few channels countable on fingers are working.. Like Zoom, star world, Nat Geo wild, Ten sports & Ten crciket.

2- Like a corrupted signal may glitch in the form of jagged lines on the screen, this comes in every channels like all the OSN channels,all the channels from HBO polska , MTV india & B4U, star sports, ESPN and many others.

3- 98 channels are in total in my digital box

4- My cable line is from MPC but with presence of local dealer in the middle named Galaxy Entertainment.

5- I havnot tried it yet,, will try this tonight and will let u know accordingly.

6- Dear it's been only month since i purchased this device, under the heading of conditional access it shows that 58 days are still remianing before it get renewd.

waiting for positive reply.. plz let me know how i come to know abt the new channels added to this list, should i go for quick search once in week.

i am living in gulistan-e-johar block 18. Galaxy entertaimnet have good chunk of johar under thier coverage.

Thanks for the reply. 5(a) was a very important question. In any case, it looks like the signal quality/intensity at your end is very low which could be causing all these problems. It should be around 77/90 for a good quality reception with minimal breaks and no-signal issues.

You may need to do a factory restore. Go to menu -> tools -> restore factory settings. Pin is 0000. This will delete all channels and restore factory default settings. Then press the power button on your OSN remote (sorry, I meant your digital remote. almost felt like I was writing an OSN digital box manual for a second) to turn it off and then turn it on after a few seconds. It will automatically start auto-tuning channels. This might resolve this issue but then again if you're getting a weak signal then you definitely need to contact your cable op.

This is an easy method to find recently added channels but for the last several months there has been no addition to the list. Otherwise, you can just do a Delete All under menu-> edit channel and then do an "auto search" instead of a quick search.

[quote=“johnny98, post:210, topic:16359”]

You can call me @98. :)

You can’t do that as you have to pay your local op for renewal. If your local op is a responsible individual (they rarely ever are) then you won’t have any issues with renewal, otherwise you may have to call them 5 times a day for at least 10 days after your “entitlement days” run out. You can try getting your subscription renewed for 3 months at a time to avoid problems every month.

Btw who’s your local op and which area? And are you sure they’ve started offering this service?

[/quote] My op is kcs im from f.b area block-1 , so what are the chances of getting into trouble

[quote=", post:216, topic:16359"]

My op is kcs im from f.b area block-1 , so what are the chances of getting into trouble

[/quote] and yes he is not hanging back from offering this service but im the one who has been reluctant in acquiring it due to the reasons been reading here .

Is it possible to demand channels and have them in ur digital box , lets suppose im intrested in viewing indian news channel or Hadi.tv can i obtain the said channels from "SDN" ?

[quote=", post:217, topic:16359"]

and yes he is not hanging back from offering this service but im the one who has been reluctant in acquiring it due to the reasons been reading here .

[/quote]

Are they loop holders of KCS or just KCS?

You can ask them if there will be any issues with renewal and how long it will take to get your subscription renewed. Tell them that you’ve heard of customers in other areas face SERIOUS F$$KING PROBLEMS with renewals when certain F##KING moron loop holders didn’t get subscriptions renewed on time. Tell him you have concerns in this regard and then see what his response is.

Most likely if they’re KCS and not loop holders of KCS, you won’t face problems.

No they don’t do on-demand channels although you could try asking them. Either way they will only add channels IF and WHEN they feel like adding them.

[quote=", post:216, topic:16359"]

My op is kcs im from f.b area block-1 , so what are the chances of getting into trouble

[/quote]

I say go for it but ask your local op to give you some sort of guarantee that he will not “drag his feet” and delay renewal if you make timely payment.

btw how much is he charging you for the box and monthly digital renewal?