YouTube's being a pain, and suddenly my life has become pretty borin

this is my first time writing here so a warm hello to everyone:)

recently ive been problems while accessing the website.. usually once i go to youtube (ive posted a photo) there are no buttons and nothing at all works

and if i click on a video it gives me the usual old java script message as such

java.jpg

funny thing is when i go to the youtube's internal help page all the buttons seem to work properly

help.jpg

here is what ive tried to do on my IE7 but nothing has worked so far

1. remove the java and re-install it compltly

2. format my computer and re-install the windows (i must be pretty desperate)

3. go to internet options - security - custom settings -

(i) ActiveX controls and plug-ins (enable)

(ii) Display video and animation on a player that does not use external media player (enable)

(iii) Download signed activex controls (enable)

(iv) Run Activex controls and plug-ins (enable)

(v) Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting (enable)

but it still wont work.. currently im using worldcall broadband cable 256kbs and am based in lahore

and oh yes, other websites with embedded players like photobucket and videojug are working just fine

im seriously a noobie when it comes to computers, but anyone who could help would be more than welcome

Hmmm...I bet there is a particular domain that has been blocked or is not resolving properly, hence leaving all your images and css in a mess. Not sure if IE has an activity monitor, but if you check the properties of all the images and if they share a common domain, thats your problem.

do you use any other browser? i suggest u use mozilla firefox and check if its working?

I've seen this happen on slow internet connections before - what's your connection? And what speed are you getting?

It has something to do with server response times and IE, I think.

hey

ive tried using firefox as well, its the same case there too.. im using a 256kbs from worldcall, speeds pretty okay i usually get a 30KB/S download

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hmmm…I bet there is a particular domain that has been blocked or is not resolving properly, hence leaving all your images and css in a mess. Not sure if IE has an activity monitor, but if you check the properties of all the images and if they share a common domain, thats your problem.
[/quote]

raza could you please de-code this for me, computers really isnt my piece of cake… thanks

Try CTRL + F5 (Hard refresh).

okay so i tried unblocked.org and something wonderful just happened.. the website actually opened up and started working.. but once i click on the video it gives me the same flashplayer thing.. so this must mean that its being blocked by my isp or something..

i guess now all we need to do is find a way around this, anyone with any ideas

okay so i tried unblocked.org and something wonderful just happened… the website actually opened up and started working… but once i click on the video it gives me the same flashplayer thing… so this must mean that its being blocked by my isp or something…

i guess now all we need to do is find a way around this, anyone with any ideas

[/quote]

www.securenetscreen.info

www.securenetscreen.info
[/quote]

thank you, thank you and thank you… after one week of agony its finally started working… best link anyone could send me

Thatss ur IE7 fault cuz u use it on XP. Use Vista n Enjoy. =)

Thatss ur IE7 fault cuz u use it on XP. Use Vista n Enjoy. =)
[/quote]

it does not matter whether u use IE 7 IN XP or Vista it works the same way

Salaams,

There are still people in this world who use IE ?

I thought FireFox has took over long ago :)

Salaams,

There are still people in this world who use IE ?

I thought FireFox has took over long ago :)

[/quote]

Firefox is still around 25-30% I think. Still a long way to go! :)

I just learned this easy little trick a few days ago; I previously had no idea there was any way you could better the visual quality of YouTube videos.

The next time you're on YouTube and have selected a video to watch (meaning you're on the video viewing page and not a "choose a video to watch" list page), look up at the URL - also known as the website address - near the top of your scren. It should read www.youtube.com/watch?= and then some funny string of characters, something not unlike "ZbbxA8a_M_s".

Click your cursor after the last letter in the URL and type in "&fmt=18", then hit then Enter key on your keyboard. The page will refresh itself and suddenly you'll be watching a high-quality, clear video instead of one that's a bit jagged, rotted, and much lower quality.

Click your cursor after the last letter in the URL and type in “&fmt=18”, then hit then Enter key on your keyboard. The page will refresh itself and suddenly you’ll be watching a high-quality, clear video instead of one that’s a bit jagged, rotted, and much lower quality.
[/quote]

Yeah, thats a recent improvement, but it only works on newer videos I think. I haven’t tried it out.

I think &fmt=16 or &fmt=6 (I forget what it was exactly) also works with a lower quality, but still better than the normal.

I just learned this easy little trick a few days ago; I previously had no idea there was any way you could better the visual quality of YouTube videos.

The next time you’re on YouTube and have selected a video to watch (meaning you’re on the video viewing page and not a “choose a video to watch” list page), look up at the URL - also known as the website address - near the top of your scren. It should read www.youtube.com/watch?= and then some funny string of characters, something not unlike “ZbbxA8a_M_s”.

Click your cursor after the last letter in the URL and type in “&fmt=18”, then hit then Enter key on your keyboard. The page will refresh itself and suddenly you’ll be watching a high-quality, clear video instead of one that’s a bit jagged, rotted, and much lower quality.

[/quote]

Your trick didn’t work, not atleast on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofs6BVAcKSs

I mention this vid not because of its content but its blurry result… :P

Install this software .. my friends ,, and see the results .

http://www.videoaccelerator.com/download/