Youtube videos hickup on 2mb connection!

i have a 2mb ptcl connection. from the last couple of days im getting these annoying hickups while watching youtube videos. It seems like the connection is working like a 256kb one .

however the downloads are working fine.

Another friend having 1mb connection is having the same problem.

anyone else having this problem?

all r facing problems in youtube infact every 3 months in a yr ptcl have prob with youtube

its been like this for a few days now. streaming problem is only on youtube. other streaming sites work fine. i tried downloading a video from youtube with a browser pluginn, after a few seconds of downloading the speed dropped to 25KBps.

i'm also facing the same issues with youtube on my 2mbps ptcldsl. it just gets annoying. i normally try to find a mirror of the same video on other sites like metacafe etc which dont give these hick up probs.

Definitely doesn't take much to figure out that Youtube gets throttled at certain times of day... We have PTCL to thank for this problem ;)

No problem at my side,but i have to say reinstalling xp does make everything seem faster :P

m still facing these problems...

been more than a week... :(

Try inserting .nyud.net after youtube.com

For e.g. www.youtube.com.nyud.net/xyzabc-whatever-comes-here-

youtube seems to be fine now..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i’m also facing the same issues with youtube on my 2mbps ptcldsl. it just gets annoying. i normally try to find a mirror of the same video on other sites like metacafe etc which dont give these hick up probs.
[/quote]

Isn’t that the same thing on metacafe? On metacafe, if you see the youtube video, it’s taken from the same google servers. Unless you don’t see white semi transparent youtube logo on the bottom right corner of video.

there are problems with watching vidoes on youtube ..... some times i get 30-50 k speed ...sometimes 90-110k ....but on sunday evening i got 175kb speed as well .....i have newly installed dsl ...i thought it would be a stable service ....but so far it isnt too diff from my ex cable net service (by the way it also uses ptcl dsl) .........

@wasiqjaved ..... can tell wts going on in ptcl ?

@wasiqjaved … can tell wts going on in ptcl ?
[/quote]

How the hell would I know? I’m not even in Pakistan!!!

FYI, PTCL’s website is dead for around more than 24 hours now.

Youtube video not working or juttering could constitute a lot of factors… such as less free disk space in Primary Partition, two many videos running simultaneously, congestion in your internal network (LAN), virus/worm infected PC, etc

Viruses can degrade processing performance of PC.

If you’re really sure it’s PTCL, try changing DNS servers to OpenDNS or similar. Try viewing on different web browsers as well.

If it is still not working, inform by posting!

i have a 2mb ptcl connection. from the last couple of days im getting these annoying hickups while watching youtube videos. It seems like the connection is working like a 256kb one .

however the downloads are working fine.

Another friend having 1mb connection is having the same problem.

anyone else having this problem?

[/quote]

Thats true… i am also having a same prob with my 1MB connection… not only youtube i am unable to stream smooth online tv channels as well… seems like that the prob is from my local exchange ( Gulzar e Hijri Exchange) as my other friends from the same exchange are experiencing the same issue on 1Mb connetion.

How the hell would I know? I’m not even in Pakistan!!!

FYI, PTCL’s website is dead for around more than 24 hours now.

Youtube video not working or juttering could constitute a lot of factors… such as less free disk space in Primary Partition, two many videos running simultaneously, congestion in your internal network (LAN), virus/worm infected PC, etc

Viruses can degrade processing performance of PC.

If you’re really sure it’s PTCL, try changing DNS servers to OpenDNS or similar. Try viewing on different web browsers as well.

If it is still not working, inform by posting!

[/quote]

hmmm actually i have noticed at times youtube causing problems … yesterday when youtube was down i tried to download from rapidshare a& megashare … well they gave me good speed …infact avg speed was 150kbytes …and after an hour i again check youtube …and it was running fine…i have reinstalled my os (created new partition) and my system protected by kaspersky internet 2009 …

i am a bit disappointed from dsl as i thought it would be stable and smooth …but it looks like i am using some sort of shared service …

i mean getting speeds of 30-35k…80k-105k …and then getting speed of 180k-190k …

i am confused … i would like if any body from LDN shares his experience ???

so there is no issue at my side…