Youtube personal downloader just for you guys

Once I had a chance to write the code in Coldfusion which, this weekend having some time, I just have re-written(converted) the same code in Javascript for the purpose of downloading Youtube videos for your self without any third party software. In Coldfusion, it was complete utility taking you from searching youtube videos and then downloading them right from there which I usually write to feed on my Nokia N8 (as Google's Youtube App for Symbian sucks. I needed the HD quality in my N8 so I made my own which works a far better in my device. But not that finished to publish). But in this Javascript code I just converted one phase that will take the youtube video URL and will provide the downloadable links containing all formats and qualities of the requested video.

The code however is cross-browser but is not working on any other browser but just on IE. I checked on IE-8. The reason behind is the Cross-Domain scripting being blocked on all other browsers. Will need some changes to be made...

For programmers.

If you are interested you can review the code and have idea how does it work. And even can extend the feasibility of usage in other languages as well [*****].

For beginners, it's a good example of parsing online http content.

Hope you would like that.

What do you need to do now?

Just copy and paste the following code into notepad. And save as "anyname.html" or "anyname.htm" or download from

download link removed

video formats information was taken from wikipedia

each and every bit of the following code belongs to me. nothing has been copied or derived from any where. Youtube content might be copyright protected by Youtube and the actually content owner.

[*****] The code is only for personal use. You can change or edit this code but keep the credit for me while redistributing your own productions derived from this code.. Thanks

The code will always depend on the Youtube content delivering and will work util the http content/pattern changes in future.

Untitled Document

What’s the Youtube Video URL?

You can comment if you want.....

Wow! 50+ views and it wasn't useful for any one.... :/ sad for me...

when i click on given options of downloadable resolutions:

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

•This website requires you to log in.

^ Thanks for the feedback.. hope you didn't try it before....

I just tested the rapidshare file after download... surprisingly it's not working... I just removed the link for OP...

Did you try copying and pasting the code above in *.html??? In Internet Explorer specifically? It's still working at my end on three different destinations.

Also it would be help for me if you copy and paste that link here (You can just right click on the "Downloadable file" link and choose Copy shortcut option)

^

Well I didn't tried to open Rapidshare link.

I simply copy/pasted your code in text document `and made a youtub.html. And this page opens in internet explorer 8. After that 3 different resolutions come which I could download.

This is the video I am downloading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBKHawSGx2M&feature=feedf

http://v14.lscache6.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?sparams=id,expire,ip,ipbits,itag,algorithm,burst,factor,oc:U0dYSllUUF9FSkNNOF9RTlRJ&fexp=908401,901802&algorithm=throttle-factor&itag=34&ipbits=0&burst=40&sver=3&signature=73FAA8F470B274876DDB08CBDAE97B69EA538C91.814A14332E10813BB35E99170EA4E65BEDE2763C&expire=1295992800&key=yt1&ip=0.0.0.0&factor=1.25&id=1812876b0486c763&title=Pakistan - Friendship with Lion !!! Amazing !!.flv

I do not understand the purpose. I need explaination in lay man terms please :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^

Well I didn’t tried to open Rapidshare link.

I simply copy/pasted your code in text document `and made a youtub.html. And this page opens in internet explorer 8. After that 3 different resolutions come which I could download.

This is the video I am downloading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBKHawSGx2M&feature=feedf

http://v14.lscache6.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?sparams=id,expire,ip,ipbits,itag,algorithm,burst,factor,oc:U0dYSllUUF9FSkNNOF9RTlRJ&fexp=908401,901802&algorithm=throttle-factor&itag=34&ipbits=0&burst=40&sver=3&signature=73FAA8F470B274876DDB08CBDAE97B69EA538C91.814A14332E10813BB35E99170EA4E65BEDE2763C&expire=1295992800&key=yt1&ip=0.0.0.0&factor=1.25&id=1812876b0486c763&title=Pakistan - Friendship with Lion !!! Amazing !!.flv

[/quote]

just after seeing your issue I’ve asked one of my friends to test it on his machine. He also got it worked. :( sad to have issue on your side.

AFAIK

*The error you mentioned is just possible if there was real authentication required on the server, which actually is not in this situation or otherwise it couldn’t be possible to download videos from youtube by any way…

*Secondly it can be faced when the signature and a few other parameters mismatches with the requesting user. This is, what I believe, checked on the server and you can not share the URL with your friends. It has to generated on your machine to use it. The generated URL you pasted here, apparently, is fine to me. There shouldn’t be any trouble if the Browser lists the download links without any problem.

*Thirdly the error is also possible when you want to host the solution on your server which is actually a public website or hosting other one or more public websites. As Google knows well if the requesting client is a website or just normal home user. And on the top of that Google restricts a massive access to its servers. And in this situation Google Permanently block direct access to its content/services… (This should not be the case if you used the code on your personal computer)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
I do not understand the purpose. I need explaination in lay man terms please :)
[/quote]

It’s just a simple (but limited) way to download youtube videos by providing youtube video URL. There is nothing difficult for you if you don’t want to understand how does it work. I just wrote this for every one and not only for technical individuals.

So if you want to check this you just have to copy the wrapped code above and paste into notepad. Then save the file as “dw.html” or any other name like “mydownloader.html”. Just double click the file to open it in Internet Explorer (if some other browser is set as default on your computer, you will need to right click the file and choose “Open with” > “Internet Explorer”)

Hope that I explained well

its good for me and thanks for posting it here

what do such hassle when you can get a YOUTUBE Download extension when you are to use Google Chrome

^This is what makes a Computer Science Engg never sleep. "Why not i try it with my OWN and BETTER WAY"

I had few friends from CS department they are also crazy in doing stuff like this.