Youtube... down again?

I can't access it on MBL. Anybody else facing this problem?

Its opening on wateen but sometimes it doesnt :S

Working on Worldcall.

Yes its not opening here on MBL.

Working on PTCL - although my connection is very sluggish for some odd reason.

It is giving problems on MBL. Apparently, it has been blocked again.

Since this is an issue with MBL, I am moving this discussion to its dedicated thread.

I am opening this topic since PTA has blocked YouTube... again.

For those using TWA-1, due to TWA's superior equipment (thankfully!), you will only see specific link on YouTube blocked. That means that YouTube, in general, will work for you.

For those on PTCL's backend, either change your browsing habits or else be proactive and flood Pakistani newspapers and magazines with letters of outrage about this. ;)

The reason for the block - this time - is the movie 'Fitna'. If you can somehow access the blocked YouTube link, it is given below:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCrCsTMokTU

Actually, this could be a potentially useful use of the Movie Server, if you get my drift. ;)

Utube, working fine on Maxcom.

Sheikh 'Harawul' Chilli

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am opening this topic since PTA has blocked YouTube… again.

For those using TWA-1, due to TWA’s superior equipment (thankfully!), you will only see specific link on YouTube blocked. That means that YouTube, in general, will work for you.

For those on PTCL’s backend, either change your browsing habits or else be proactive and flood Pakistani newspapers and magazines with letters of outrage about this. ;)

The reason for the block - this time - is the movie ‘Fitna’. If you can somehow access the blocked YouTube link, it is given below:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCrCsTMokTU

Actually, this could be a potentially useful use of the Movie Server, if you get my drift. ;)

[/quote]

youtube is working fine. I can even see that vid posted.

Its working fine on PTCL

yep it is working on PTCL and i have also seen this crap "Fitna"

may they always burn in Hell. nothing more to say.

yep it is working on PTCL and i have also seen this crap "Fitna"

may they always burn in Hell. nothing more to say.

[/quote]

It’s not about the so-called freedom of speech, it’s about provoking a religion with direct insults of what they hold close to their heart, their religion and the sacred book - Quran. Everyone, except atheists ofcourse, would be provoked by a hostile attempt of the similar nature.

Google has probably changed to ‘do more evil’. They were against freedom of speech when it was about China, but now they’re for it? Double standards practiced by the Israeli owners influence I guess. Hypocrites!

I’m for the block of offending content, but not a complete blocking of youtube.

"This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community."

I guess that's why they said "leave it unblocked".

But it'll probably go soon (i.e. the video will be removed)

Youtube is working fine.. May the quran offenders rot in hell

"This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube’s user community."

I guess that’s why they said “leave it unblocked”.

But it’ll probably go soon (i.e. the video will be removed)

[/quote]

It’s hosted on Google Videos as well, and google won’t remove it.

YT is back on MBL

Earlier today WiredPakistan was blocked on MBL today, I accessed it through proxy!

But since Asad didnt post on it, it could be just a accident/coincidence

Youtube is working fine on PTCL.

It’s hosted on Google Videos as well, and google won’t remove it.

[/quote]

Well, I have placed the matters in the attention of Google (I have a few contacts there). Long story there, and can’t explain (I was told to sign an NDA). Can’t say anything about what or what, but the guys at Google are definitely reading it. (not this forum, but another discussion wrt the video)

Let’s see.

YT is back on MBL

Earlier today WiredPakistan was blocked on MBL today, I accessed it through proxy!

But since Asad didnt post on it, it could be just a accident/coincidence

[/quote]

I don’t know about this. The last time I accessed the forums was at 4AM.