Youtube and FB videos not working with PTCL

Browsing is fine except few sites... like twitter takes forever to load!

Downloading is good.... no issues!

My main problem is that youtube and facebook videos are not opening with PTCL. It takes forever trying to stream the videos and could not download!

I have student package, with Huawei SmartAX MT880 modem and Linksys WRT54G WiFi router.

Changing DNS is not helping.

Using proxy helps and videos are streamed smoothly but most proxy servers deny Youtube requests. So its hard to find a good and always working proxy.

Any suggestions or any one else facing the same issue?

Mine working perfectly fine....

weird scenario -

try these DNS

or Google Public DNS.

[quote=“gumby, post:, topic:”]

Browsing is fine except few sites… like twitter takes forever to load!

Downloading is good… no issues!

My main problem is that youtube and facebook videos are not opening with PTCL. It takes forever trying to stream the videos and could not download!

I have student package, with Huawei SmartAX MT880 modem and Linksys WRT54G WiFi router.

Changing DNS is not helping.

Using proxy helps and videos are streamed smoothly but most proxy servers deny Youtube requests. So its hard to find a good and always working proxy.

Any suggestions or any one else facing the same issue?

[/quote]

May be youtube is not allowed to students by ptcl :)

There may be some issues. FB/Twitter work fine with me but jang.com.pk isn't working though it works through proxy. There may be other sites getting blocked somewhere.

having this problem on gmail..

Issue resolved. Problem was with the WiFi router. Removing the router and using Modem directly resolved the issue. After analysing in detail and applying various configuration changes to the router having no impact I decided to upgrad the firmware of the WiFi router. I upgraded it and now its working perfectly.

PTCL is the best!