Your suggestion regarding mobile number portability

Dear friends

I want to move my 0300 number to ufone service via mobile number portability. Please give your suggestion and / or coments and any problem I might face.

Thanks and Regards

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Dear friends

I want to move my 0300 number to ufone service via mobile number portability. Please give your suggestion and / or coments and any problem I might face.

Thanks and Regards

[/quote]

Don’t know about mobilink, but one of my friend has ported out of mobilink to ufone, he has been a very old mobilink user… but after porting in to ufone, he has ditched his ptcl line, as he don’t need anymore… so i think its safe, i am a ufone user myself. But wait for other opinions.

Don’t know about mobilink, but one of my friend has ported out of mobilink to ufone, he has been a very old mobilink user… but after porting in to ufone, he has ditched his ptcl line, as he don’t need anymore… so i think its safe, i am a ufone user myself. But wait for other opinions.

[/quote]

Thanks for reply

Does your friend get any problem due to change of service from mobilink to ufone and how long service was off in portability process.

That i don't know but afaik, it takes 7 working days to port in or out... and once you do, you can't go back before 60 days. and i think there are 100rs charges for mnp.

NO WAY..................buy a rs 100 new connection of ur choice's network but don't go for MNP .............it suxx AFAIK

@all

there's this weird problem with some MNPed numbers that i've came to learn.

a few of my buddies have MNPed their numbers to different network. the problem is, sometime when i send an SMS, i get a delivery-failed (msg sent but not received on the other end) message.

I'd say, if the current number isn't much well-known in ur 4nds and family, then go for a new number of the company you wanna migrate to.

@all

there’s this weird problem with some MNPed numbers that i’ve came to learn.

a few of my buddies have MNPed their numbers to different network. the problem is, sometime when i send an SMS, i get a delivery-failed (msg sent but not received on the other end) message.

I’d say, if the current number isn’t much well-known in ur 4nds and family, then go for a new number of the company you wanna migrate to.

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing problem u know, now i am thinking not to apply mnp my current number.

@all

there’s this weird problem with some MNPed numbers that i’ve came to learn.

I’d say, if the current number isn’t much well-known in ur 4nds and family, then go for a new number of the company you wanna migrate to.

[/quote]

Really ??? quite strange , i can not afford to have this problem because i use mobile 90% for sms.

well, dont take my word for it, you should try some buddy's MNPed number and test yourself, may be the problem lies in my friends' numbers only. ... but personally i got ZONG number last nite and DIDNT MNP my current ufone number caz i had this fear of not getting SMSes at times, which i cant afford either, caz yeah, mobile usage for me = 80% time smsing

I have a ported number... actually, my mum has it, but I use it now and then. I don't get any issues as such (except for the errors that Warid poses all the time).

I know another person who ported themselves from Mobilink to Ufone; they don't face any problems.

I don't know anyone else who's ported, so if you ask me, there's no issue.

I have a ported number… actually, my mum has it, but I use it now and then. I don’t get any issues as such (except for the errors that Warid poses all the time).

I know another person who ported themselves from Mobilink to Ufone; they don’t face any problems.

I don’t know anyone else who’s ported, so if you ask me, there’s no issue.

[/quote]

Ok, so error might be as normal just like facing ufone members.

i personnaly ported my mobilinks no to telenor two months ago they ported me in just one day! it was just a swift change in networks i was in a call the call and it was suddenly disconnected bcoz of no signals so i just put my Telenor sim and thats it. so far no problem at all. the only problem i face is that i dont recieve Easy Loads confirmation msg that i have recieve balanace.

other wise no problem at all. working flawlessly.

i personnaly ported my mobilinks no to telenor two months ago they ported me in just one day! it was just a swift change in networks i was in a call the call and it was suddenly disconnected bcoz of no signals so i just put my Telenor sim and thats it. so far no problem at all. the only problem i face is that i dont recieve Easy Loads confirmation msg that i have recieve balanace.

other wise no problem at all. working flawlessly.

[/quote]

easy load confirmation messages are not received some times if server is busy… this happens to my telelnor number too, (i have not ported it , it is 0345 number)

i port telenor no to warid in my no no problems works fine

i too have a Proper telenor no yes it does happens sometimes but for my ported no it is not about the busy server it always happens when i easyload the shop keeper recieves the msg but i dont i have complaint to them and they says that they are working on it.

Does any one ported mobiling post paid number to ufone post paid number and face problem?

i just ported my mobilink number 0300 to warid , and till now working fine no issues at all

i just ported my mobilink number 0300 to warid , and till now working fine no issues at all
[/quote]

Thanking you. I am interested to port my 0300 to ufone and some one told me that sms sending is problem