You know you are a Pakistani when....?

received by e-mail, kind of funny and true, i thought share with you here, some of you may have received this by e-mail through your friends for those who didn't get, here it is.

You know you are a Pakistani when....?

* Your house smells like fried onions.

* When you tell your parents you got 98% marks in an exam, and they ask you what happened to the other two percent.

* You make tea in a saucepan.

* You never buy bin bags, but use your saved grocery bags for it.

* You put your clothes in suitcases instead of wardrobes.

* You have a 'Singer' sewing machine at home.

* Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and doesn't talk to her for ten years.

* You call an older person you've never met before "uncle".

* You hide everything from your parents.

* Your mother does everything for you if you are male.

* Your relatives alone could populate a small city.

* Everyone is a family friend.

* You were not that intelligent so you studied computer science or Business instead.

* You know no one who has studied music.

* You went to a university as far away from home as possible.

* You still came back home to live with your parents after you had finished.

* You like the meat well done.

* You eat onions with everything.

* You use chilli sauce instead of tomato ketchup.

* You fight over who pays the dinner bill.

* You say you hate Indian films(/songs) but secretly watch(/hear) them with your parents.

* You order Pakistani food in English language to impress the people you're with but the waiters don't understand you.

* You avoid public places when with a member of the opposite sex.

* You secure your baggage with a rope.

* You get very upset when airlines refuse to accept your luggage which is just 80 lbs. overweight.

* You go back to your parents' country and people treat you like a member of the royal family.

* You ask your dad a simple question and he tells you story of how he had to walk miles just to get to school.

* You are ALWAYS taking off and putting on your shoes wherever you go.

* In addition to cooking, you also use oil as a grooming aid.

* You have annoying nicknames.

* Your parents call all your friends "Beta". (beta=son, beti=daughter)

* Your mother measures wealth only in gold and diamonds.

* Your parents push the concept of an arranged marriage on you and try to demonstrate how well it works whenever they're not fighting.

* Your parents compare you to all of their friends' kids.

* If you are living abroad, at least once a week your mom says, "I want to go back to Pakistan".

* No one ever seems to call ahead of time to say they are coming over for a visit.

* Your parents worry what other people will think if you're not going to be a DOCTOR or ENGINEER.

* While living abroad, your parents always say, "It's cheaper in Pakistan.”

Lame... silly... over done... and lame again.

* Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and doesn't talk to her for ten years. Wow. that is when your are a Pakistani...very low.....

hmm looks like im not a pakistani!

I've read some pretty funny and true 'You know you are...' posts, but this one is really bad. You go 'huh' after reading at least half of the items on this list...

This must have been written by someone who feel ashamed of being pakistani. Every item is a negative #$%#.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Lame… silly… over done… and lame again.
[/quote]

Double ditto

lolxxxx....

don't have words to say something..

by the way pakistani exist?

You know you are a pakistani when you sit through 5 hours of load shedding sweating like hell in the hottest period of the year only for electricity to be resumed for 2 minutes after a 5 hour long load shedding only to be gone for another 5 hours.

#$%# KESC.

u know when u are a pakistani when u post idiotic stuff like this

You know you are a pakistani when you sit through 5 hours of load shedding sweating like hell in the hottest period of the year only for electricity to be resumed for 2 minutes after a 5 hour long load shedding only to be gone for another 5 hours.

#$%# KESC.

[/quote]

that sounds more like it

our forum members can make it up better

ok apparently khurram got a bit taken aback by the comments of his threads... anyhow our point is simple, the list above is far from any form of reality... i recently came across this one.. and i can say that a lot of points in it are so true and it surely made me ponder and cracked me up a bit..

so at the risk of this one seeming lame as well... here we go...

You know you're from Karachi when...

1. You get shocked when someone stops at a yellow light

2. You never really know what to say when someone asks you what there is to see in Karachi

3. You give "missed calls"

4. You've never really seen a tourist

5. Its December and you attend 5 mehndis/shaadis in one night and end up meeting the same people at each of them

6. You use the phrases "whats the scene?" "scene on hai" or "whose she sceening with?"

7. You still have some of Everest Videos movies and dont plan to return them

8. You've met a Parsi

9. You've given an exam at Regent Plaza

10. You feel you never have to wait in line if you are with "lay-diss" (ladies)

11. You've bought a dvd of a movie that hasnt even been released yet

12. You actually go "out for coffee"

13. You used to go for tutions even though didnt need them

14. You say that you really like that restaurant/shop and someone says "oh yea, my family owns that"

15. You catagorize people as "burgers" or "melas"

16. You roll down your car window and you can actually touch the car next to you

17. You go by landmarks not street names

18. Your only argument in the Lahore/Karachi debate is "well we have a beach"

19. You own either a Corolla or a Civic

20. You never realized that North Nazimabad was actually in the North

21. You never have dinner before 1am in shaadi season

22. You've always wondered what "khayaban" meant

23. You know the "telefun" number by heart even though you dont know what "telefun" is/does

24. You blame everything on K.E.S.C

25. Your school gets closed when it rains

26. You know your city is a hole but you love it anyways

#23 is spot on!

On that note, Here's the closest to being NOT lame when it comes to Lahore.

You know you're from Lahore when:

The morning rush hour is from 6am to 12pm. The evening rush hour is from 2pm to 9pm. Saturday's rush hour starts Friday morning.

Your Massi and Driver have taught you fluent punjabi

Your broke ass next door neighbour just bought a BMW cuz he deals in property

A really souped up civic from tokyo drift stops next to you and instead of something groovy, the woofers blare out himesh rishamya

One of your friends is a butt

The people in your local Gourmet Bakery know you by face

The only solution to boredom is eating out

All directions start with, "Go down to Main boulevard"

You think its okay to wait 5 hours in line for Basheer's Fish in Mazang, cuz dude! he only opens 6 months a year

Its okay to run a red light if the traffic police dude doesnt have a bike to chase you

When someone asks you ''bhai yeh fortress kahan hai'', you have an evil grin on your face and send him to johar town

If your hungry at 3am, you go to CTC in your PJ's instead of walking to your kitchen

Your cousins from Karachi ask you about food street and your like "yeah i went there back in 2003"

Your winning argument about how Lahore is better than Karachi is 'Lahore laa hour aaye'

Your childhood dream of attaining higher education was from Aitchison or KC.

You always count the change before you leave shop, because all shop keepers rip you off.

Your cousins from America ask you about malls and your like "Yea we have Pace, but i never go there"

You go to the daewoo more than the airport

* Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and doesn’t talk to her for ten years.
[/quote]

LOL too true

the khurramali's versionto over done done .............

am4tl' one is gud but not generlized........but the last point is too true.....

any way LOVE PAKISTAN.........

the khurramali’s versionto over done done …

am4tl’ one is gud but not generlized…but the last point is too true…

any way LOVE PAKISTAN…

[/quote]

agreed coz it us who can change this country nothin can happen if we complain and dont take any step ourself

coz as they say improve urself then others

@am4tl most of them are true

One of your friends is a butt

23. You know the "telefun" number by heart even though you dont know what "telefun" is/does

Your cousins from America ask you about malls and your like "Yea we have Pace, but i never go there"

ROTFLOL!

this is so true. I am like that. :P

+1