Xp Service Pack 3

>>I came to know from my friends that XP service pack 3 still contains some bugs....

>>should I upgrade Xp SP2 to SP3?

I have installed it a couple of times. No bugs.

One of the Mods here was talking about a networking problem over LAN with SP3 installed. Any idea how valid is that?

i am still using sp 2 and found it better sorry i've no idea abt sp 3................

Lagarbagar: I faced that problem but that was on an SP2 installation upgraded to SP3 through the standalone package. It was resolved when I did a complete reinstall of WinXP SP3.

SP3 is a bit slower than SP2 but it is only noticeable on old systems. Newer ones should be fine with it.

microsoft is very clever....i hav automatic updates turned on in my pc.....so after fresh installation of xp it automatically downloaded some updates and notify me to install these updates...updates includes sp3 upgrade, IE 7, malicious software remover and windows genuine advantage....when i installed these updates n reboot my pc....a msg appears Windows genuine advantage test failed...my desktop backgrnd changed to black backgrnd and a msg appeared at right bottom corner of desktop u r victim and some more info.....i run silver light software to remove this msg and validate my windows via crack...dont b so clever microsoft hackers n crackers r always one step fwd than u.. :lol:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

dont b so clever Microsoft hackers n crackers r always one step fwd than u… :lol:
[/quote]

Keep in mind that Microsoft creates toys for those hackers, so that “they” can hack/play with them! :)

I also got msge through auto windows update to upgrade my sp2 to sp3 i tried to stop this update but by mistake clicked accept button,because i installed a new software to my pc so that need to restarted.while this process windows was updating and my system restarted,but never start because there i got an error "cannot find operating system"

and black screen appears i was surprised that whts wrong,so after so many tries to restart my pc get nothing to find my windows so i got my windows sp2 back with boot my with windows xp cd

microsoft is very clever…i hav automatic updates turned on in my pc…so after fresh installation of xp it automatically downloaded some updates and notify me to install these updates…updates includes sp3 upgrade, IE 7, malicious software remover and windows genuine advantage…when i installed these updates n reboot my pc…a msg appears Windows genuine advantage test failed…my desktop backgrnd changed to black backgrnd and a msg appeared at right bottom corner of desktop u r victim and some more info…i run silver light software to remove this msg and validate my windows via crack…dont b so clever microsoft hackers n crackers r always one step fwd than u… :lol:
[/quote]

same here

Is Xp sp3 with a kinda ''gudda'' on the cover with injections Going Through His Back LOL Didnt work for me it had arabic fonts

Is Xp sp3 with a kinda ‘‘gudda’’ on the cover with injections Going Through His Back LOL Didnt work for me it had arabic fonts
[/quote]

Not at all. That is one of the desi customized versions of either SP2 or SP1, mostly coming out from India. They have only altered the theme files to give the user a changed GUI. Some of these versions have been reported to have compromised security.

Lagarbagar: I faced that problem but that was on an SP2 installation upgraded to SP3 through the standalone package. It was resolved when I did a complete reinstall of WinXP SP3.

SP3 is a bit slower than SP2 but it is only noticeable on old systems. Newer ones should be fine with it.

[/quote]

Can you kindly state the precise problem that you faced? I am managing a network and need to do make it securer by the day while sticking to XP, and upgrading to SP3 might be an option for which.

The problem was with uPnP and accessing the PC over the network. uPnP didn't work and uTorrent couldn't even use specified ports despite port forwarding. No one was able to access my shared folders and files over the network. The problem was there before SP3 installation. I only realized it to be a definitive problem after I installed SP3.

Upgrade to SP3. I have found it to work fine on plain old workgroups and active directory based networks.

I am curious to know that is Windows xp sp3 is better than sp2 ?

^when Winsows XP SP3 Contained installed. there are many system locks regarding other microsoft software installations. two major blocks are IE8 and RDC pre-release issue. and also other Un-Install locks. (so be carefull selecting Windows XP-SP3 CD, mostly there are old versioned. that creates the mentioned problems. and there is no work around for that. no restore point. no uninstall option).

may be new SP3 Contained Windows XP CDs would be fine. but that is not sure.

but making it with flow is all right. I recommend upgrading from SP2 to SP3 with microsoft updates. you face now issues. infact you have all uninstall options even SP3 uninstall as well(after some future updates it's locked again).

and universally BUGs are always there.....

for more issues search google with 'XP SP3 issues'.

but again upgrading from SP2 to SP3 is just fine.

i have a simply registery file which makes your windows copy genuine.. and i have always used sp2.. whenever i have installed sp3 there have been problems... i was actually reinstalling windows today after only two days as my net browsing was not working with xp sp3 version while torrents showed full speed being used... i had to install the xp sp2 again today and the browsing worked flawlessly... so i guess sp3 gives some problems...

but making it with flow is all right. I recommend upgrading from SP2 to SP3 with microsoft updates. you face now issues. infact you have all uninstall options even SP3 uninstall as well(after some future updates it’s locked again).

and universally BUGs are always there…

for more issues search google with ‘XP SP3 issues’.

but again upgrading from SP2 to SP3 is just fine.

[/quote]

I downloaded “windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-debug-enu.exe” and installed it. After its successful installation, it made my PC restart just before showing the login screen, again and again. :mad:

Shifted back to SP2 through system restore! meanwhile downloading “WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe(IT professional version)” It(Microsoft Update Center) says not to use this package to install on a single PC. Phr b downloading it.

I have today upgraded to SP3 from microsoft site..I have noticed no change by the way!!!!

@coolrizi

I told you normal upgrade from microsoft site. not to a download package.

I have today upgraded to SP3 from microsoft site…I have noticed no change by the way!!!
[/quote]

Can you plz tell me how? i’ve cancelled installation of SP3 in past, when Security center asked me. and can you please tell me its exact file name?