XBox 360 Vs. PS3

Please guide which console is better as I want to buy one. Thanks

Both are good. Buy both of them along with a decent gamer PC :P

^ And please give one of them to me :P

As far as I know, Xbox360 is better than PS3.

In Pakistan, you should go for 360 as pirated games are available and you will find cheap games

360 is also cheaper than PS3 and plays the same games with almost the same graphics

Go for XBOX 360 rather than ps3

[troll mode on]

PS3 for sure....blue ray+FREE PSN, more powerful than XBOX 360...no chance of RROD....games are expensive but that will ensure you play every game you buy with complete dedication...not just play it for 20 minutes and toss it in the corner...

but really if you had any sense you would just get a high end gaming rig :P

[troll mode off]

+1 to Firestorm. Nothing can beat a high end computer but then just a high end graphics card will cost you as much as the 360 or the PS3 :|

Living is Pakistan X360 is the better choice.. I get tired of a game within a week.. Don't want to chuck away 20 grand a month on 4 games.. 20 grand will buy you 100 + games for the Xbox360.. Sometimes I Thank God I was born in this country :D

And not to forget.. love pasting a picture of 100+ 360 games in a 360 gaming forum and everyone wets their pants.. lol here we don't care.. ;)

+2 to Firestorm.

One PC to rule them all. :)

P.S. I like your "troll mode" :D

P.S.S. Where is AbbasJin? The die-hard fan of XBox 360 and PS3. Our Console King! Let him come and give his opinion :D

Guys thanks for your response. You got me thinking about PC. Can you tell the price and specification of a medium and high range Gamer PC?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

In Pakistan, you should go for 360 as pirated games are available and you will find cheap games

360 is also cheaper than PS3 and plays the same games with almost the same graphics

[/quote]

exactly Xbox360 is best

Guys thanks for your response. You got me thinking about PC. Can you tell the price and specification of a medium and high range Gamer PC?
[/quote]

Hmm… Well… An approximate medium range system system would be:

E7300 - Rs. 9,000.

2GB RAM (DDR2) - Rs. 2,500

320 GB HD - Rs. 4,000

Mobo - Rs. 5,000

4850 - 16,000

Casing Keyboard Mouse Power Supply etc - Rs. 5,000

Total : 41,500 without LCD.

A high end system would

E8400 - Rs. 14,500

4GB Ram (DDR3) - Rs. 8,000

500 GB HD - Rs. 5,500

Mobo - 11,000

Xfx 260 216 Black - 29,000

Casing Keyboard Mouse PSU etc - Rs. 7,000

Total: 75,000 without LCD.

And a uber end P.C would be:

Corei7 920 - Rs. 25,500

4 GB DDR3 1600 - Rs. 14,500

Raptor X HD - Rs. 15,000

2 x 1 TB’s for Raid - Rs. 22,000

Mobo X58 Sli - Rs. 30,000

XFX 280 GTX Sli - Rs. 75,000

Casing, PSU + accesories - Rs. 20,000

Total: Rs. 202,000 wihout LCD. Add Viewsonic 28inch 1920*1080 for 50,000 or Samsung 2650 for 100,000.

Enjoy…

[/quote]

Some of us (including me) are always in favor of gaming PC. But this is bias or one-sided opinion.

We even had a very long and lengthy debate on this topic (Gaming Console vs. Gaming PC) in this forums.

You should get console-side-opinion from AbbasJin, Our King of Consoles :D Where is he? Somebody invite him to this thread.

[/quote]

I 2nd that opinion. Although i do think that b/w ps3 and 360…ps3 is better but buying games at 3000/4000Rs can be pain in the a**. unless you got your own bluRay Disc writer and good speed Internet connection.

^ Can we find a blu-ray writer in Pakistan?

^ Can we find a blu-ray writer in Pakistan?
[/quote]

If you have large sum of money then you can get anything in Pakistan.

Wouldn't be more expensive than ps3 itself?

or it's cheaper?

I really love playing online on PS3 for free. If you have the money i would definitely tell you to get the PS3. It is an amazing console. Xbox 360 is also great but keep in mind it has a RROD problem which i dont know if it has been solved or not but a year back X360's failure rate was as high as 33%. My own X360 got a RROD and stopped working only after 3-4 months of usage. I am using PS3 for more then 1 and a half year using it for around 5 hours daily :D yet i have never ever had a problem with my PS3.

So its basically upto you, if you have the money go for PS3 otherwise 360. Also, Look at the exclusive games for each console, PS3 has MGS4, Resistance 2 etc etc and X360 has Halo and a few other games so look at those and see which exclusive games you like the best.

But if you ask my opinion on which console is the better of the 2 without any money constraints then definitely PS3.

The blue ray writer itself is more expensive then the PS3 itself. I think even the Blue Ray READER (without writer) would still be more expensive then the PS3 and it certainly was the last time i checked around 8 months back.

Just makes you realize at how much a loss Sony are selling their console.

This has been asked SO many times.

Let me put it clearly for you in three basic points ... Reliability, Multifunctionality and Cost

Reliability

PS3 wins hands down, no issues whatsoever

The Xbox360 has severe failure problems ... a.k.a. the RROD. It though has been dealt with but only and only in the Jasper variant which is much more expensive than the Falcon which is usually available in the market.

Multifunctionality

PS3 has a Blu Ray player. This does count for something extra over the X360, but the amount of movies available on BluRay are ... nill

X360 has the usual DVD player option. Nothing fancy

Cost

This is where the PS3 looses. While the current cost of a PS3 and Jasper X360 are the same ... the PS3 has NOT been cracked.

4000rs per game vs. 100rs per game.

But, Xbox Live is NOT free ... PSN is (online gaming).

... exclusive games and personal preference are a different thing, but given above are those facts which exist no matter how you look at it.

the amount of movies available on BluRay are … nill
[/quote]

huh? did you mean pirated blurays??

What do you mean there are no movies available on BluRay ?