Xbox 360 Live Question!

Hi, could anyone tell me if I connect to Xbox live to update the dashboard, will it affect the mod chip ?? Have any of you guys connected ??

I was in two minds as too which offers the best results, the Vga cable or Component. Found this, posting here.

xbox.jpg

meray humnaam doust :),

I am not sure if its SAFE to connect a modded X360 to xbox-live, after-all, M$ wont be happy if they detect you've been messing with their technology :) ... I think the worst they can do is to block ur account from xbox-live, i've never owned an xbox but i think thats enough of a punishment. just my 2 cents :P

As long as MS dont find you using a modchip you are fine to update your live dashboard. and can even play and download stuff... if they find you using a mod chi console then they will ban oyr console set and not your ID. so you can buy/re-mod your console to go back online with sam ID.

actual HD quality is 1080P. as long as you are getting a 1080P output you are fine to go with any cable... in above picture VGA picture has got 1080P , so its much better.

MS has now commenced a new kind of banning its different than modchip ban. you should all check this one out.

MS Take Action Against LIVE Cheaters

Thanks guys but I what I don't understand is 'how' MS can find out if my Xbox is modded ? I don't want to play live games online, just update the dashboard.

Ive used the 360 but never went online with it. From what i know, if you play online games and if MS detect you have a modified console then they ban you from Xbox live. Thats what i know. I never updated the dashboard so i dont really know but if there's an option of like downloading the update on the computer and then installing it via usb then do that.

its really not a big problem updating a dashboard. MS tries to find moded xbox360 from time to time. how they do it? they detect the firmware i think... not the pirated games.

all we do is just keep visiting this site regularly. whenever MS is about to do something about 360 major posts about it. so when they start hunting moded 360s just dont go online those days. and when they stop doing it, go online and upgrade and download stuff without any problem.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi, could anyone tell me if I connect to Xbox live to update the dashboard, will it affect the mod chip ?? Have any of you guys connected ??

I was in two minds as too which offers the best results, the Vga cable or Component. Found this, posting here.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/xbox.jpg

[/quote]

The red lines shows that you are using th snipping tool in Vista =)

Thanks Alamode & Musafir. Both useful suggestions, I'll try em out.