Www.shophive.com

its a nice website and authenticated aswell, referred by friend as heard after sales is amazing Shophive

^

* Authenticated by whom?

* Who is friend?

* What he/she bought?

* Are prices competitive of galaxy.pk?

I've shopped from them many times over the years, and I find their services to be the best (since I've shopped from virtually every shop online). Their customer support is great. They deliver your order usually a day after you place the order with them. And they do have valid warranties.

The only bad thing about them are their prices. Certainly not the cheapest... though, considering their shipping is free and galaxy.pk charges for shipping, the prices ends up being the same.

8/10

I was also thinking to get their services. I am residing in Rawalpindi so can i get things shipped by them in Rawalpindi and Is it confirmed that they don't charge for shipping to other cities.Do they accept hand to hand cash while delivering things.

They ship for free to every city in Pakistan. Payment on delivery method is only available for Lahorites I think.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^

* Authenticated by whom?

* Who is friend?

* What he/she bought?

* Are prices competitive of galaxy.pk?

[/quote]

spider recommends it, so i guess that makes it more than safe :)

Although the website maybe good and legitimate, this guy is full of crap. He is the 'CEO' of Shophive, so don't fall for his 'referred to by a friend' lies. This is a public service announcement!

@geeky: Lying and deceiving is a very very bad way of trying to gain customers. Be careful...

^ How can you be so sure?

And if you're right.. damn.. I take what I said back. How dare they deceive us by posting false advertisements! :|

^ I have my ways! :)

^ I have my ways! :)
[/quote]

Oops then! It all went wrong for him.

Enjoy the bad reputation shophive. :lol:

my experience with www.shophive.com is good, rather excellent. infact they are my only online shopping experience.

but i havent yet comprehended why r they offering a Nokia 6220 Classic for 28000/- whereas www.beliscity.com whihc is another such outlet is offering the same unit for 19200/-

well good experience , bought mx518 long time ago .. authenticated and no fraud site as per my experience.

i think shophive charges r very high , as they were selling dell inspirion 1525 for 74000,, i got it for 69000 from itshop ,,hc lhr

shophive prices are high but their waranty is good and you get the product at home. no problems for payments too.

shophive prices are high but their waranty is good and you get the product at home. no problems for payments too.
[/quote]

Online shops need to compete with local shops to make their place. In fact, the prices in online shops should be lower as they don’t have to pay heavy rent and display center expenditures as local shops do.

There is no “good warranty” in Pakistan. It may takes days, weeks, months or never to fulfill warranty.

They shouldn’t charge on “no problems for payments”. That should be their feature, not a thing they need to charge for :)

Just my two cents.

In fact, the prices in online shops should be lower as they don’t have to pay heavy rent and display center expenditures as local shops do.
[/quote]

Likewise, local shops don’t have to pay for server, web site maintenance, and shipping costs. :P

spider recommends it, so i guess that makes it more than safe :)

[/quote]

As far as following Spider’s recommendations go, I have my reservations. Following one, I bought an MP3 player in the days when it costed a full 3K for a mere 128MB.

After a couple of days, its sound got quacky and I got a warranty replacement. After a week, the replacement went dead and then the local vendor denied to support the warranty any further.

Edit: The manufacturer was Z-Sound, a subsidiary of Zoltrix.

Likewise, local shops don’t have to pay for server, web site maintenance, and shipping costs. :P

[/quote]

local shops do pay for shop rents and vice versa.

[/quote]

Local shop or display center’s rent is many many times more than web-hosting.

You can get decent hosting plan from $12 (Rs. 960) to $25 per month (Rs. 2000).

You can never get a decent display center in “shopping area” for Rs. 2000 per month. Not to mention electricity cost of display center is also more than your couple of computers to add/edit/process-order from web-site.

Ware-house (storage) cost is almost same in both cases.

In web-site you don’t need to spend on brigade of salespersons, but you have to spend on packaging and mailing. But almost all web-sites charge packaging and posting separately.

Still price should be a lot lower due to facts that I mentioned above.

Local shop or display center’s rent is many many times more than web-hosting.

You can get decent hosting plan from $12 (Rs. 960) to $25 per month (Rs. 2000).

You can never get a decent display center in “shopping area” for Rs. 2000 per month. Not to mention electricity cost of display center is also more than your couple of computers to add/edit/process-order from web-site.

Ware-house (storage) cost is almost same in both cases.

In web-site you don’t need to spend on brigade of salespersons, but you have to spend on packaging and mailing. But almost all web-sites charge packaging and posting separately.

Still price should be a lot lower due to facts that I mentioned above.

[/quote]

I agree with you that it doesn’t cost that much for web hosting costs and all that but it does cost. There are other complications involved. The shipping being provided on most pakistani online shops are free, if you look at the prices atleast on my shop are mostly the same as you would find in regular stores, because we do sell them at these prices in saddar, if you minus the shipping cost you will find they are lower than the prices. I cant say for all online stores, but there are a lot of costs involved. A shop may not need as much advertising and campaigning as an online shop does, there are a lot of background activities that take place, like customer support, coming up with new deals and ideas, keeping the prices up to date, finding new interesting items to sell and a lot more. It is a hard job, its also not a one or two man job, so you need employees as soon as things start getting active. If you look at it my way, this is a business just like any other.

In any case, even if you buy something in a shop you have bad experiences, consider it the same for online shops. Sometimes things just go wrong, its not always a good experience.

PS: With all the online shopping stores popping up in Pakistan now, competition is bound to kick in soon, all these high priced ones will come down too. :)