WTB: New android phone in Karachi

A google nexus one, or one of the Htc or motorola models.

Anyone know where I can get a android phone in case no one is selling one here?

I was looking at models around 30k - the nexus one and NYC desire both seem to be above 50k...

you can easy get these phone at vodacom or galaxy mobile in sareena tower sakhi hasan north nazimabad

nexus one priced at 40,000

HTC HD2 32,000 but its windows mobile

How much is a Htc wildfire?

Android phones havent really picked up here in Pakiland.

Everyone (shopwala's) is getting it from outside which means that the sets costs the original price outside plus 20-30% applied.

what are the benefits of this phone?

i will confirm the price of wildfire if available tommorow!!1 inshAllah

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

what are the benefits of this phone?
[/quote]

It’s an android phone, and the wildfire one seems to be the cheapest model…

As to what Android is, think Google’s version of iPhone except more open, a lot more open.

wildfire is not available yet !!

I'm also looking to buy an Android phone. Will probably do so this weekend, I've decided on the HTC Desire available for around 40000 (without warranty). According to reviews it is the BEST Android phone, at least until the Desire HD gets released. Nexus One is pretty similar to the Desire. Wildfire is just a stripped down version of Desire so I wouldn't really recommend that to anyone.

I saw HTC Wildfire at shop in saddar about a month ago. The guy said its for Rs. 37,000. I think its the cheapest Android device around and that also with Android 2.1.

I saw HTC Wildfire at shop in saddar about a month ago. The guy said its for Rs. 37,000. I think its the cheapest Android device around and that also with Android 2.1.
[/quote]

thats crazy, why would anyone buy a wildfire when you can get desire for 40000? wildfire is known as the mini desire so that price doesnt match up, I think its more like 32-33000.

Edit: just checked the Hafeez Centre website, Wildfire is available for 27000.

http://www.brightex.net.pk/htc-mobiles.html

Why not try Samsung Galaxy, they are the cheapest android based phones available starting from 25k

Yeah. I had checked around a month back, so the prices must have dropped by now. Samsung Galaxy Spica is not up to the mark from what i heard, it has jerky performance when upgraded to Android 2.1. Galaxy S on the other hand is a very fast phone.

http://www.brightex.net.pk/htc-mobiles.html
[/quote]

Apparently these guys are offering the 1 year warranty but the phone costs about 3000-4000 more. That is a bit steep just for a warranty that you might never use. I’ll probably buy one of the warranty less phones, don’t know if that is advisable lol.

htc hero is much better from galaxy spica and eaisly available in market starting from 23k . i bought one for myself in ramzan used for rs 20000 .