WTB - Huawei IDEOS - Good Condition

Hello Guys. I am looking for a Huawei IDEOS based on a condition that if Skype works on it, since thats one of the main reason i am buying it for. Handset should be in good condition and will all accessories and box, and should not be older than 3 months (i.e. the date of purchase is within 3 months). I can come to I.I.Chandigarh Road, PECHS, Clifton and Cantt areas only. I am looking for a price of around Rs. 11,500. Thanks.

Why going for Used one? I have heard that Zong has reduced the price of IDEOS!

^ Really? It shows the same price on the website. Do you know this from any Service Centre?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Really? It shows the same price on the website. Do you know this from any Service Centre?
[/quote]

No i have heard from some internal sources. Let me confirm this for you, give me some time.

^ I guess its available for Zong employees for Rs. 12,000.

No, its for every one, 11999/-

CMPak employees have new subsidized price, which i don't know.

What exactly does the acronym WTB stand for? (see the thread title). I've always wondered.

^ It means "Want to Buy". WTS is Want to Sell and WTT is Want to Trade.

Ahh! Thanks for that! :)

---

The thread can now resume.

@ Shaheerk

Np. Mate.

@ MZC

Btw. I have also heard the Zong IDEOS price has dropped at Service Centres, will check by visiting one of them tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

And can anybody please confirm if skype works on it?

Dear rnathbatra. have you found out the latest prices of IDEOS.

if so then please do post them .

would love to see its price go a lil bit low.

If someone goes to the Zong center - can they pls post latest prices here of their Android phones pls - and find out if they are launching Ideos X5 & X6?

If someone goes to the Zong center - can they pls post latest prices here of their Android phones pls - and find out if they are launching Ideos X5 & X6?
[/quote]

dial 111222111 press 1 for english then at menu press 0 for customer rep, i had to make two calls to get the info since everybody is einstien there

1- first call: even though i pressed 1 for english but the reps grasp of english was limited to no yes hello bye… so i talked in urdu, then asked for ideos android phone, customer rep reply was they don’t carry this phone but they do offer “zong andred” phone, it was pretty clear for me to talk further with this gentleman would be waste of time and expensive since i am paying for the call. so i hung up.

2- second call: lucky for me this time i got rep with his half a brain still working, so here is the info, phones are locked to zong network and they don’t unlock it for you. price is dropped to 10990/- rupees you can grab it only from zong service centers. and at this moment they only got ideos in inventory only, new phones coming but they don’t know when.

dial 111222111 press 1 for english then at menu press 0 for customer rep, i had to make two calls to get the info since everybody is einstien there

1- first call: even though i pressed 1 for english but the reps grasp of english was limited to no yes hello bye… so i talked in urdu, then asked for ideos android phone, customer rep reply was they don’t carry this phone but they do offer “zong andred” phone, it was pretty clear for me to talk further with this gentleman would be waste of time and expensive since i am paying for the call. so i hung up.

2- second call: lucky for me this time i got rep with his half a brain still working, so here is the info, phones are locked to zong network and they don’t unlock it for you. price is dropped to 10990/- rupees you can grab it only from zong service centers. and at this moment they only got ideos in inventory only, new phones coming but they don’t know when.

[/quote]

Hahahaha, i remember when the phone wasn’t launched i called the helpline and asked about the Android phone phone, the guy there said no we don’t have any such phone, again called and that guy said don’t know about Android phone or Ideos but we have this new phone with facebook, email, camera for 15999 :(

Where the hell do they hire these guys from?

Note: When you press key for english language that only means the IVR will be in english. :D

Well. I called them as well. The price is Rs. 10,999 for everyone. Thank God i waited for it, and didn't buy early on. Rs. 5000 price drop is huge! Zong finally realised that could not sell this set at such a high premium, considereing that it is locked to the Zong network. Gonna get myself one probably tomorrow. Only problem is the skype thing. Some people are saying that skype will work on it and some are saying that it will not.

@ Kamran1x1

Same thing happened with me, the guy didnt know about the android phone so he kept me on hold and asked it from someone and then told me.

On another note, there is a chance that they have dropped the price in order to clear out the inventory so that they can launch other Android sets. They cannot launch two Android phones at the same time due to low demand.

Only problem is the skype thing. Some people are saying that skype will work on it and some are saying that it will not.
[/quote]

yup it does support skype here is the video, even though vid is 10 minutes long showing many apps but you can see skype running at 00.34 seconds mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarDK22hbNE

On another note, there is a chance that they have dropped the price in order to clear out the inventory so that they can launch other Android sets. They cannot launch two Android phones at the same time due to low demand.
[/quote]

yup as i hear huawei x5 and x6, x5 without front face camera x6 with dual front and back, starting price 18000 plus

i don’t mind throwing 12000 for locked phones but anything beyond costing 18000 plus man i’ll buy unlocked from the open market there is no way i am gonna spend that kind of money and be slave to zong.

yup it does support skype here is the video, even though vid is 10 minutes long showing many apps but you can see skype running at 00.34 seconds mark.
[/quote]

Beautiful. You just made my day! I am gonna buy this tomorrow. Don’t care about the battery life much since i have a separate basic phone for calls and text. Btw, this video seems to be made by someone from Pakistan. Do you know the guy?

I was the the owner of android phone. It was a good phone but at that moment my only concern was having an android. I sold the phone within 20 days of use. I loved it but needed to have some money.

Just came to know that the prices have gone down and I'm thinking of buying it again.

Yes I installed skype in it and made few calls too. It worked great. The only problem you will face is you wont get skype in android market. There are alternative ways to get it and the starting point is to root the phone.

Happy IDEOS :)

I went to the Zong CSC in Saddar today and they didnt have the phone. :(. Said they will order it for me and I can pick it up tomorrow. :'(

Update. Just got the IDEOS. I paid Rs. 10,850 as I already had a Zong SIM. Very good experience so far. Working very smoothly. This thing is a fingerprint magnet btw. Will post a review soon.