WTB DVI-D to DVI-D cables

Need a Cable to attach from my video card which seems to have a DVI out to my monitor which has a DVI in. Can not find any over at the stores. Any help would be great.

At least mention your location please so that someone can suggest you.

This cable is not common and little hard to find and also expensive around Rs.1000-1400

--

I bought the monitor from a friend didn't even get the cables that came with it. Using my old analog cables. And I am in Karachi at the moment. I actually have a cable that is HDMI in and DVI out from the states. But it wont work even if I change the video card that I have to HDMI compliant.

Edit: I checked and it would work. Ill need a video card that has 2 HDMI slots so I can use my Plasma as well. But thats a more expensive route for now. Still interested in someone selling me that cable or knowing a place that has it.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

At least mention your location please so that someone can suggest you.

This cable is not common and little hard to find and also expensive around Rs.1000-1400

[/quote]

You must be joking. I got a DVI cable seperately since Dell doesn’t include a DVI cable with their LED monitors. It can be easily found for 300/-. Those selling the cable for 1000+ are ripoff jerks.

I shared what information I had. Thanks for the update.. Lahore market is big and definitely cheaper, here in Islamabad everything is expenisve (just for nothing).

--

Also found out I can use a HDMI to DVI convertor to use the existing cable I have. The different prices are due to the shielding within a cable.

Also found out I can use a HDMI to DVI convertor to use the existing cable I have. The different prices are due to the shielding within a cable.
[/quote]

Do not get into the shielding crap they try to sell you. DVI and HDMI cables carry digital signals, 1 or 0. Either you get a signal or you don’t. Shielding doesn’t do jack for digital like it did for analog.

PS. you can get DVI-D cables for as low as 200. You can get them from any computer shop. Go to uni center or try computer zone at NIPA.

DVI and HDMI cables carry digital signals, 1 or 0. Either you get a signal or you don’t. Shielding doesn’t do jack for digital like it did for analog.
[/quote]

Strongly Disagree… Seems like you don’t have any idea about time and frequency domain. Shielding plays a vital role in hi-speed digital communications.

Shielding is pivotal when it comes to digital tech. Shielded cables work against radio frequency interference (RFI), thanks to braided wire shielding and copper connector shells. Shielding prevents electromagnetic signals from interfering with the data transmitted over the DVI cable. RFI can occur for many reasons, including other electronic devices, wireless and cellular phones, commercial broadcasting antennas, and power cables. DVI signals subject to interference can display inaccurate pixels, have "sparkling" effects, or simply not appear at all.

Thank you for that. It does give some valuable information.

I have every type of cables almost

Just visit Hafeez Center and ask for a DVI Cable. If the guy does not have one, ask him to direct you to the guy who keeps them. I bought one for my PC for approx Rs.200

Also, i've tested a Rs 3000 HDMI and a Rs. 650 HDMI with two 1080pHDMI LCD's Side by Side. There is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE in the quality. In another experiment, I used a 15m HDMI to connect the PC to a tv. In this, the expensive - shielded and protected cable has a BIT better image display etc. But seriouly, save the money. There is not such a huge difference that you'd want to go for the expensive one. (PS : I borrowed these cables from a friend. Yes, they were brand new.)

I ended up buying a Rs350 dvi to dvi cable. Running fine right now. Next thing I need is a 50ft HDMI to HDMI cable to connect my TV in the room downstairs. Does the quality suffer with that amount of cable? Will I need a signal booster of some sort to support that amount of distance to get 1080p?

I ended up buying a Rs350 dvi to dvi cable. Running fine right now. Next thing I need is a 50ft HDMI to HDMI cable to connect my TV in the room downstairs. Does the quality suffer with that amount of cable? Will I need a signal booster of some sort to support that amount of distance to get 1080p?
[/quote]

Yes it will suffer. 50ft = 15m+

Even the most expensive cables (that cost around $200) suffer at that distance. It’s better to move your tv or buy a WiDi type streamer.

A professional test: http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/long-hdmi-cable-bench-tests/hdmi-cable-testing-results