Would someone tell me why the heck I'm being throttled at 128Kbps?

It's been a blast using Qubee's wimax service. I've subscribed to their shuttle 1Mbps unlimited service, since I download lots of software applications and numerous linux distributions. My subscription started on 2nd October, 2010, and it has been performing rock solid ever since. However, today when I booted my system, I noticed that the net was incredibly sluggish and I couldn't even open google on it without a significant delay. I replugged the usb shuttle device, checked that my signal strength was ok (it's always 100%), and both my CINR & RSSI are way above recommended values (27 for CINR & -75 for RSSI). Running a speedtest and a private tracker confirmed my suspicions. I'm being throttled to 128Kbps, when infact I paid 1500/- for a 1Mbps "unlimited" package. I guess the idiots at qubee don't know what unlimited really means. Their customer support takes a long time to respond. Especially when I made a query about the usb shuttle support on linux on 3rd October, I got the response 9 days later oO. Even now I've been trying to get in touch with their customer support, but all of their numbers are busy. Is this the limit of Qubee's "unlimited" package or is something genuinely wrong with their system ?? Any other users from Lahore experiencing the same issue as well ??? It's unbelievable that a company like Qubee whose been advocating true unlimited bandwidth would commit such unethical practices. If you can't afford to offer unlimited packages, why bother ???

Hope to see a response from Qubee guyz here soon.

let see what happens :S I was Planning to Buy Qubee

Thanks for the Info now i will Think more Before Buy it :D

As i mentioned in the other thread as well mine just got affected in exactly a week am in Lahore as well and we are being throttled but the customer support insists that this is not the case. Even if they are slowing us down for downloading more stuff then they should actually tell us what is the actual GB limit instead of just putting (*unlimited) on the tariff. Well i asked lots of people before buying followed threads closely and in a week am being throttled. I guess their *unlimited limit is very low in GB.

Wow every ISP is messed up here.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Wow every ISP is messed up here.
[/quote]

tell me about it :).From the billing to the internet speed,there is always an issue popping up,making one climb a mountain to resolve it.

True man.. the option left for us to hook up a dish antenna and start using illegal internet.

Nothing is illegal in Pakistan :D

illegal means that thing.You do and Police Will caught you :P

but here :D no police no Nothing :D so Every thing is legal :P

Ran a speedtest today. Same story :@...

991299715.png

Qubee's customer support doesn't answer my phone call :S... I've been trying since yesterday... What a country. Why am I stuck in this shithole of a country.

Just talked to the Qubee tech department.It is just as I had suspected. The guy claimed that according to their "fair usage" policy, once you cross 30GB, you are automatically downgraded to 128Kbps for the entire. This is 100% confirmed, as this is what has exactly happened with me. I've given them a goddamn piece of my mind they will not forget :). I've asked them to take their piece of #$%# device away. I have absolutely no respect left for any ISP in pakistan anymore. They can all go to hell :@.... Had ho gayeee hai beghairti keee. AAArggghh...

hmm contact Kashif he said BLA BLA BLA no fair usage policy

and Complain to admin as well

JDK they said they have refund policy contact PTA :)

Guyz, this is a warning for all of you considering Qubee's unlimited 1Mbps package. Its a hoax. You will lose your money and you will be set to 128Kbps after crossing 30Gb limit. Do not, I repeat, do not buy Qubee's unlimited package. Spread this message to everywhere else. Even wateen doesn't restrict their bandwidth like Qubee did in just 10 days :/...

WOW bro They are lieing :S and Qubee Senior is replying to Every one buy it Now now now BLA BLA BLA ...and now he is not replying here lol ..... I think he is feeling Guilty

JDK ask for a refund ASAP

Whoa man! What a ripoff! I was telling everyone to go for the new Qubee Shuttle device, as it seemed better than other services. But I guess this sucks too. Kashif Azeem, any comments?

Nop I think Kashif Azeem have nothing to say to us

he knows everything didnt told us

:@

Pls make this a sticky admin, if you're reading this. I don't want anyone to fall victim to their so called "unlimited" package.

@jDk:No offence,but you have really made a blunder.I mean you,(along with the others) should have seen this coming.Qubee is a new ISP,it has a rather small customer base.So how the heck will they be able to make a bandwidth pool large enough to give truly unlimited internet in such a short time.Remember that it took Wateen more than a year to create an unlimited package with conditions about exceeding 30 GB and getting three quarter of your original speed.It took them months to increase their bandwidth pool and made the package honestly unlimited.Also ISp providing evo services are finding themselves in trouble handling the load of the unlimited internet services and hence receiving bad names.

The bottom line is that its still too early to go for wireless internet for the hardcore internet users (and gamers especially) as their primary method of accessing the World Wide Web.If you have a good phone line,I say to go for DSL.

@koder:any idea of how to get this dish antenna internet?Also I wonder if it will perform during a cloudy weather (never mind the rain).And why is it illegal to use it?

@jDk:No offence,but you have really made a blunder.I mean you,(along with the others) should have seen this coming.Qubee is a new ISP,it has a rather small customer base.So how the heck will they be able to make a bandwidth pool large enough to give truly unlimited internet in such a short time.Remember that it took Wateen more than a year to create an unlimited package with conditions about exceeding 30 GB and getting three quarter of your original speed.It took them months to increase their bandwidth pool and made the package honestly unlimited.Also ISp providing evo services are finding themselves in trouble handling the load of the unlimited internet services and hence receiving bad names.

The bottom line is that its still too early to go for wireless internet for the hardcore internet users (and gamers especially) as their primary method of accessing the World Wide Web.If you have a good phone line,I say to go for DSL.

@koder:any idea of how to get this dish antenna internet?Also I wonder if it will perform during a cloudy weather (never mind the rain).And why is it illegal to use it?

[/quote]

i understand that Every Company Need some time to settle but thats now the case here

they are lieing :S thats we are saying

Dont lie tell us all True

[/quote]

For your information, I asked the sales guy again and again, whether it was truly an unlimited package. I even called kashif and told him that I’m a very heavy user as I downloads loads of softwares. They assured me that it wasn’t so. Unlimited means “unlimited”, no matter how you downplay it. I asked them again and again about “fair usage policy” and according to Mr. Kashif himself, it has strictly to do with the “sharing” stuff people do with “CPEs” provided by these wimax companies. That’s why they introduced the shuttle service in the first place, to prevent that from happening. Guess what, turns out that instead of offering unlimited packages, they cripple your internet for the rest of the month if you cross a “certain” limit. If you can’t afford unlimited packages due to bandwidth constraints, why even bother in the first place. I’ve spent over 6,000 in less than 2 weeks, and what do I get ?? A stab in the back from both ISPs. All these losers truly want is to grab your money and forget that a customer even exist. I’ve got the first hand experience in that regard. All ISPs are naked in this hamaam, be it wateen, ptcl or qubee. I’ve seriously had enough of this bullshit. Its time I disconnect the service for good for a couple of months, till a worthy ISP appears on the scene, though I highly doubt of that ever happening, especially in pakistan.

SO JDK what you are going to do now ?

JDK! in which area of lhr did you use it? and how long did it take u consume 30GBs?