Worldcall?

It seems there are no chance that Worldcall is going to upgrade plans. :| I am going to switch in few days if Worldcall is not going to upgrade their plans.

I have worldcall in Karachi and I'd stick to them , just because of their ftp / life server + dc++ hub and the gaming servers .. they are pretty neat .. dsl is not an option , my phone line's been dead for the last 4 months!

i gess worldcall is only meant for KHI - reasons below

1) cheaper packages and better service

2) ftp + life servers not accessible from lahore

3) go4b.net.pk shows KHI related info only

I checked with the billing guy, he said there is currently no hope of any package changes. Please note that I'm paying 1800 for 256k and 4000 for 768k packages.

I'll probably switch to Maxcom or PTCL DSL.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have worldcall in Karachi and I’d stick to them , just because of their ftp / life server + dc++ hub and the gaming servers … they are pretty neat … dsl is not an option , my phone line’s been dead for the last 4 months!
[/quote]

How is their customer support ? I heard lots of people complaining, is that true ?

I called WorldCall for installing new connection, a representative called me next day and confirmed he will be coming to my house but never did came in....15 days later another representative called and the same story again.....I wonder if their sales department is so bad how will things work ?

WorldCall sucks !

My Rig

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 Ghz, Gigabyte X48-DQ6, 2 GB DDR3 Ram, Radaoen HD3870X2 , Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1, Gateway LCD FPD1810.

That is one nice setup! Congrats!

I called WorldCall for installing new connection, a representative called me next day and confirmed he will be coming to my house but never did came in…15 days later another representative called and the same story again…I wonder if their sales department is so bad how will things work ?
[/quote]

It’s not only their sales department, but their billing department is equally lame. Hehehe, I have quite funny story to share with you guys about WorldCall. Back in 2004 I used to live with a couple of my colleagues, and when we rented a flat at DHA V, we decided to go for worldcall. So we applied and paid for their Home64 package. Initial charges were 1450 + some DHA tax of 25 bucks or so. Next day they came and installed the cable modem. We also got 3 cable TV connections. And we paid i guess Rs. 475 for that as well (for first month charges). At that time, they had the service of collecting bills from customer doorstep. So when 2 months passed and we didn’t get the monthly bill, we were quite concerned because if bills pile up, it gets difficult to pay them at once, so we called the helpline. They said they’ll send someone over to collect the outstanding bills. Nobody came. Another 2 months passed. Called again, same story. They promised to collect the bill but nobody came. Another 2 months passed. And we said, what the hell, if they don’t care, why should we. enjoy while it lasts! We divided the provisioned billing amount among ourselves, and it kept going for another 1 year. Their service was quite decent. I got speeds between 16-32KB although it was Home64 (supposed to be 64Kbps). Also, their cable TV is excellent. I don’t know what’s their QoS now.

At the end of 2005, I had to leave that place, but my friends were still living there. Later they told me a sales rep from WC came to their place and offered them a new WC connection only if they pay the dues of “previous defaulters”. They said they didn’t want any connection so buzz off. However, all this time, despite non-payments, the billing department never bothered to inform their tech people to block the service. So after another year (June 2007), when they had to vacate the flat as it was put on sale, the WC service was still there. Only it wasn’t portable :P

WorldCall sucks !
[/quote]

+1

+1

[/quote]

Agreed but lets look at the alternatives. Wateen? You must be kidding me. i have wateen wimax, nexlinx dsl (4GB is 1700 for 512k!!!) and tried both the LDN and PTCL DSL. None has the reliability and i find worldcall the most reliable (nexlinx goes does down with every loadsheeding period and only works after they switch on the generators, wateen loses connection every half an hour or so and ptcl/ldn aren’t the most reliable: if they work they work fine otherwise you are in deep $h##). Though worldcall doesn’t give you exact speed as your package (on 768 home package i get speeds of 512+ constantly and occasionally reaching 768) but its up the longest hence the most valuable for me (however their rates hurt!!!)

World Call at times gives me a download speed of over a 100Kb/Sec on a 512 kbps connection so I'd say it rocks. However, rates could have been much better

Yep, I'd go with Worldcall too. The only reason I'm thinking of switching is prices. Too expensive compared to market rates.

None has the reliability and i find worldcall the most reliable

[/quote]

omg, this has to be the first time i have ever seen someone say that on these forums, dude seriously go4crap is in NO way reliable, it goes down constantly! whether its load shedding or some kind of cable noise problem, its down right now actually, im using my maxcom connection primarily, go4crap is like a secondary/secondary backup. it does have it good days, but if it was more than 600rs for a 64k connection i would have dumped the modem faster than you can say “go 4 broadband”

Heh, given that the new management of Worldcall are not very bright, expect service quality to fall further. Infact, I can pretty much guarantee it.

For insight into the thought process of the new management, check out Omantel.

FYI - we have been running a software development company (where all the work is done on servers that are in canada) for the past 6 years on worldcall home connection! I'm only a worker there since day 1 and we have two backup internet connections but 80% of the time we are on worldcall. Our daily internet bandwidth usage is around 0.7 - 1 GB (apart from downloading movies/games/softwares on p2p/bittorrent). FYI++ and our clients are no ordinary clients, they are canadian govt. clients!

omg, this has to be the first time i have ever seen someone say that on these forums, dude seriously go4crap is in NO way reliable, it goes down constantly! whether its load shedding or some kind of cable noise problem, its down right now actually, im using my maxcom connection primarily, go4crap is like a secondary/secondary backup. it does have it good days, but if it was more than 600rs for a 64k connection i would have dumped the modem faster than you can say "go 4 broadband"

[/quote]

FYI - we have been running a software development company (where all the work is done on servers that are in canada) for the past 6 years on worldcall home connection! I’m only a worker there since day 1 and we have two backup internet connections but 80% of the time we are on worldcall. Our daily internet bandwidth usage is around 0.7 - 1 GB (apart from downloading movies/games/softwares on p2p/bittorrent). FYI++ and our clients are no ordinary clients, they are canadian govt. clients!
[/quote]

so having canadian gov clients means what? if you had pakistani gov clients they wouldint have complained if your services were unreachable? silly dude.

i’ve used go4crap in clifton/defence ever since its inception and downtime has always plagued the service.

Worldcall is crap, its not intended for using internet but rather for playing Counter strike. Thats what i have seen.

mind your language - no point in calling anybody silly. I am in lahore and our business has been running smoothly and FYI having canadian Govt. client means we cant afford to have any delays and worldcall has never let us down except a few times when the cable (under the sea) was damaged.