WorldCall WireLess Speed?

Hi

I am thinking of buying worldcall wireless and using internet on it

I just wanted to ask that if anyone has tried it before and how much download speed you get?

why wud u want worldcall wireless ??? i mean dsl is relly chep now adays

@sk90y maybe he doesn't have availability of dsl in his areal like me, but evil_dust if you have then you must go for dsl.

i've been using wc wireless for about a month now, it connects at 115KBps and download speed is 14-17KBps but you can't download anything from rapidshare as a free user coz of all the wc wireless users having same ip address. If you've been using dialup then you will feel a big speed boost in wc wireless. I've downloaded 14GB of movies and tv shows (not including the software downloads, youtube browsing and 2nd half of Germany VS Turkey euro cup semifinal live stream...:) ) guys who have dsl can downloaded this much data in less than a week, so if you have approach to DSL then you should really go for it coz as sk90y said its really cheap, which reminds me i've unlimited internet package costs me 575 per month including line rent (if i don't make any phone calls). thats pretty much it.......

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

which reminds me i’ve unlimited internet package costs me 575 per month including line rent (if i don’t make any phone calls). thats pretty much it…
[/quote]

dude if thts the case than its really gud… and wth abt ptcl wireless???

PTCL Wireless really sucks, I have tried it

and @kratos, if u get 15 to 17 kbps download spees than that's amazing and the thing about dsl, It must be available in my area but If I signed up for it they will take up to 2weeks to get it installed.

@evil dust so what if it takes 2 weeks to work it out get it. its much better than wc wireless.

@sk90y.... well the thing about V ptcl wireless is that they don't offer it in unlimited packages and this really turn off the whole thing. but my brother was telling me that they are gonna offer V wireless broadband soon with speeds of 256, 384 and 512, sounds good to me.

i use WorldCall wireless for internet. speed is normally around 15-16 Kilobytes/sec and as "kratos24" said Rs. 575 for unlimited internet i don't have dsl available in my area so this is the best that i can get. Their service is pretty good i havn't experienced a down time in last 4-5 months.

They offer a mobile set as well which has internet capability.

Just make sure the service is good in your area. Speed depends on which tower the phone connects and how congested that tower is. Also, if you're on prepaid then it will be too expensive. Daytime 12Rs/hour. After 11PM 6Rs/hr. So if the service is good in your area convert to postpaid and use the unlimited internet.

a very good suggestion by "ehti". 1st try to remember a friend who might have wc wireless and then ask him a favor, get his wc wireless set and try it at your home.

absolutely. the signal quality was almost non-existence in my area so i had to buy an external antenna and then tweak it a bit to get top speeds.

Asif, what kind of external antenna and specially what tweakings? did you use those DIY antennas to boost its gain? ;) .. Post a few pictures and a short guide about your setup please.

@sk90y… well the thing about V ptcl wireless is that they don’t offer it in unlimited packages and this really turn off the whole thing. but my brother was telling me that they are gonna offer V wireless broadband soon with speeds of 256, 384 and 512, sounds good to me.
[/quote]

well that wud solve a lot of problems…

yeah! but obviously its gonna be costly than normal broadband. but will work for the guys who can’t get access to phone line and DSL
[/quote]

wont those ppl then just use either mobilink or wateen seein as they are cheaper

Asif, what kind of external antenna and specially what tweakings? did you use those DIY antennas to boost its gain? ;) … Post a few pictures and a short guide about your setup please.
[/quote]

I am using no normal antenna that is available from WorlCall center with the phone. by tweakings i actually meant positioning of the antenna, i was getting full signals but the speed was very low so i had to really work hard to find the best place and direction of antenna to get top speed but it was everybit worth it in the end :slight_smile:

Oh alright. And are you talking about the normal antenna which comes with the phone with no extra cable and is a few inches long?

Oh alright. And are you talking about the normal antenna which comes with the phone with no extra cable and is a few inches long?
[/quote]

no he is talking about the external antenna, its kinda like the shape of door bell (at least that i have) available for 200-250 Rs.

wont those ppl then just use either mobilink or wateen seein as they are cheaper
[/quote]

i don’t know about mobilink yet but wateen is only providing internet services just in large cities, frankly i think instead of starting this V-wireless broadband they should put their efforts on expanding their normal ADSL service in whole Pakistan like BSNL doing in India.

yes its an external antenna. I had to buy it because i was getting ZERO signal bars with the normal telephone antenna :-)

whats the worldcall wireless website and whts their rates? are they available nationwide or just in big cities?

Their website is www.callwireless.com.pk but currently it's not opening. Internet tariff I've already mentioned in my first post of this thread. You can check google cache for their coverage page.

Okay guys do you have the technical info/specs of that external antenna like its gain etc?