WorldCall Upgrades its Packages!

I have confirmed this with others, WorldCall has doubled the speed for all packages. I'm not sure about 1mbps and 2mpbs packages but I can confirm that my256 and my512 have been upgraded so I'm presuming that all others packages must have been upgraded too, but knowing Worldcall this not might be the case :/

I have a 1mbps account and I have been upgraded to 2mbps. Physx how much are you paying for your account and what speed is it now?

edit: mind you its not very consistent. Even with two torrents running its mostly at the 130-140KB/s speed. Only occasionally does it rise to 200+KB/s. So not exactly 2Mbps yet.

Torrent speed mostly depends on your seeds so its not a accurate way of determining your actual speed. Go to speedtest.net and post your results. or download from rapidshare or megaupload to know the exact speed.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Torrent speed mostly depends on your seeds so its not a accurate way of determining your actual speed. Go to speedtest.net and post your results. or download from rapidshare or megaupload to know the exact speed.
[/quote]

Yes I understand what you are getting at. I already did a speedtest yesterday night when this story first broke. I posted it on other forums like wcck and wccftech. I do get 2mbps on speedtest and direct http/ftp downloads. But I wish I would get similar speeds on torrents :)

Why is that everyone is upgraded to 2mbps? Since I have a more expensive 1mbps connection I should be getting a larger upgrade than the users who have 256kbps and 512kbps connections :) Otherwise what is the point of the added charges? Perhaps this upgrade is just temporary for the Eid festival. After Eid they will downgrade us all.

They have upgraded Download speeds but i am afraid that the upload has been Limited to 1/6 or even less:

947554074.png

^ First of all, you shouldn't be testing your internet speed from the Islamabad server, it wont be accurate and its better off that you test it from Kuwait or somewhere else.

And no , other 2mb are getting 1+MB/s upload speed

^ First of all, you shouldn’t be testing your internet speed from the Islamabad server, it wont be accurate and its better off that you test it from Kuwait or somewhere else.

And no , other 2mb are getting 1+MB/s upload speed

[/quote]

Well i tested from Kuwait 3 times and i got the same upload all 3 times but download ranged from 3 to 4, my primary connection was 1mbps, I do not understand???

948887236.png

there website doesnt show any changes. i am interested in knowing about there rates bc ptcl has started to suck

there website doesnt show any changes. i am interested in knowing about there rates bc ptcl has started to suck
[/quote]

I am unsure of the upload situation, it seems it has been downgraded, the downloading has no problem, its more than enough, For 1mbps now upgraded to 2, you pay 1300/= for Lahore, i guess!

On 1MB connection in karachi. No upgrade for me yet :(

949439361.png

if they are upgrading why havent they anounced or advertised uptill now. will this be temporary the upgrades

Guys I enquired about the new packages from their helpline and blogged about what I learned. Read about worldcall's new internet packages on my site.

@ Engel : im from karachi , try pining ISB or LHR , for some strange reason its showing actual speeds VIA karachi servers :S

these are my results : http://www.speedtest.net/result/949956608.png

Yes Upload has definately been downgraded from previous Symetrical to 1/4 or less of New Download speed.

I've checked my DU Meter while uploading video & pics on Facebook. Also getting around 120kbps upload on torrents (on a now 512kbps connection, previously was 256kbps)

950254300.png

is there any issues with the new packages after upgradation? will the 2mb and 4 mb package work fine with the old webstar modem?

can any one plx tell me the price of 1mb and 2mb??cable broadband

1mb is 1000/- and 2mb is 1500/- as per there helpline.

Hi guys, what is the minimum Downstream SNR required for stable connection? And what are your values on your modem control panel?

I dont have a connection but have old modem which I used 3 years before, it is giving me DN SNR: 26, which I think is not enough, I think 30 above is considered good. What do you say ?

Hi guys, what is the minimum Downstream SNR required for stable connection? And what are your values on your modem control panel?

I dont have a connection but have old modem which I used 3 years before, it is giving me DN SNR: 26, which I think is not enough, I think 30 above is considered good. What do you say ?

[/quote]

Perhaps you are confusing Worldcall with PTCL or some other DSL operator. Worldcall users don’t worry about SNR and the like. Don’t get me wrong. I am sure it exists for cable internet connections like worldcall’s. But I can’t even access the relevant modem page for SNR values when my connection is working.

Hello, My SNR is 35.3 and Connection is stable, I would say anything above 32 would be considered stable.

To find out your SNR, you have to go to

http://192.168.100.1/_aslvl.asp

Username: admin

Password: W2402

and then change the Access Level to 3.

Now you can access the pages that were restricted before. Just go to the Signal page and it will list all the information.