Worldcall HFC news + queries + problems + solutions

All posts relating to Worldcall's internet services and any problems relating to it will be posted/discussed in this thread. Any Worldcall news, new service plans/packages or other info can be posted and shared through this thread.

Over the time, if something really useful is posted by anyone, I will add it to this first post so that solutions to common problems can be easily found.

================

= Helpful Information =

================

============================================================================

= Question | Post Number | Credit =

wc cable net updated:

128K 600

256K 1000

512K 1200

768K 1800

1024K 2500

Source: people from different forums getting calls from WC reps they said the rates are changed these are not yet official rates, i my self called 111-111-965 and they are saying that have no update about exact packages but 1 thing is sure that packages are revised/changed.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

wc cable net updated:

128K 600

256K 1000

512K 1200

768K 1800

1024K 2500

Source: people from different forums getting calls from WC reps they said the rates are changed these are not yet official rates, i my self called 111-111-965 and they are saying that have no update about exact packages but 1 thing is sure that packages are revised/changed.

[/quote]

the packages are good

you stated that wc is calling general public for new internet packages , but as such WC have not changed nor they are telling anything that its gonna be changed , so how it is possible that there are reps offering these packages but at 111111965 they are not offering ???

post links of the forums where you are getting your info from, otherwise i would assume that its waste of time post…

[/quote]

help line number is present if you relay keen to knoe u can call for confirmation

dude, are you ok go read my post i wrote already called and they are not offering, since you wrote that you got info from posts from different forums , so i clearly wrote that you provide links to those post where you got your info from,

i hope you are not trying to twist it around,

so i am asking you for the second time which is written in clear english provide links to those forum posts which you are using them as source.

[/quote]

for ur satisfaction its true…

http://forums.go4b.net.pk/showthread.php?t=5172&page=4

http://wccftech.com/forum/world-call-new-rates-18076.html

thanks djnomi
[/quote]

u r always welcome :)

ok guys packages are confirmed . so in lahore we have three main competitors with same rates almost . now the race starts which company going to give stable speeds with good CS.

Anyone have any idea is WC will be increasing their coverage in Karachi, they are only in a few limited places.

not sure about rate but my 768k package is giving me speed of 1mb today for the first time ever. Will wait for the next bill to see the new rates.

I want to know is worldcall giving direct DSL service? I use to get worldcall connection from my desicablewala via optical fibre.

they might anounce new pacakges in the press breifing that is gona happen inside sources say the packeges are gona change but cant say when . as for the rates i am sure they will be the same as the competitors like ptcl and ldn.

I want to know is worldcall giving direct DSL service? I use to get worldcall connection from my desicablewala via optical fibre.
[/quote]

Worldcall isn’t DSL, its cable (no phone involvement); and yes they do directly provide service.

I used to be on a desi cable / worldcall hybrid myself :)

It was nice to turn on my pc and see 85 k download speed on my previously 256 k connection.

Abbas Smiling Ear to Ear :D :D

yeah i got upgraded to 768kpbs averaging download above 90k, WC rules my friend

shouldn’t be coz usually worldcall offers better packages in karachi

[/quote]

may be but confirmation source will be 111-111-965 :)

may be but confirmation source will be 111-111-965 :)

[/quote]

i think the Call centre representative wont know about the packages right now

lol my chachoo has (or had) wc 128 and he used to play cs from nik "WOW" ..man did i loved the ping..

download were above 11KB at tht time on 128.. it was like 3 years ago..

i think the Call centre representative wont know about the packages right now

[/quote]

humph… i wanna beat noninfo crap outa them!!!(to ptcl too,! they should be thrown into gutter!! moth****** Beep beep beep) … lol listen this… i had 256 in startin when i got it… after like a week they shifted to 512 and its been more than 3 weeks and stil no 1 Mb… lol i ordered 1Mb and they made so many lame excusis… one was "dude oh u have 512… please wait… they are chkng lines these days… “ahista ahista” ho ga… u know slowly slowly… DNT KNOW WHT MY LINE WILL BLOW UP WITH THE MORE BANDWIDTH OR SOMETHING!!!