Worldcall Evdo

has anyone yet tried the worldcall evdo service? it isnt officialy launched yet, the sales was supposed to be started today but guess it would be delayed for couple more days, one of my friend got the demo and it was working good as he was getting 65 to 70K on 512 connection. Not sure how it would turn out.

They are charging 4500 for the device and package charges are:

256k : 1200 Rs

512k : 1800 Rs

1024k : 2500 Rs.

i found out about the packages here http://groups.google.com/group/telecom-grid-pakistan/browse_thread/thread/2b3f0a621539fda9/c64f96dee7bc0cae?show_docid=c64f96dee7bc0cae

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

has anyone yet tried the worldcall evdo service? it isnt officialy launched yet, the sales was supposed to be started today but guess it would be delayed for couple more days, one of my friend got the demo and it was working good as he was getting 65 to 70K on 512 connection. Not sure how it would turn out.

They are charging 4500 for the device and package charges are:

256k : 1200 Rs

512k : 1800 Rs

1024k : 2500 Rs.

i found out about the packages here http://groups.google.com/group/telecom-grid-pakistan/browse_thread/thread/2b3f0a621539fda9/c64f96dee7bc0cae?show_docid=c64f96dee7bc0cae

[/quote]

Friends,

One I have also used it as One of my friend got a demo device from world call , Yes they are charging 4500 for the device but the packages are :

512k 1500

1024k 2400

Google4U

What sort of device it is? is this wirless? please post more inormation regarding this.

What sort of device it is? is this wirless? please post more inormation regarding this.
[/quote]

its a USB device, just like a data traveler, they are using the products of www.anydata.com i’m not sure which model they are using though it was something 510A.

I was told the wireless router would also be available by the first week of septmber and it would cost around 6000.

If it is really good as claimed than wimax will be under lot pressure.

i am surprised this new ended up so late here

Ptcl was supposed to launch EVDO long time ago!

but hair the packages are good yeah this technology is wireless which runs on WLL/CDMA and you a get USB modem that you can hook up on your laptop

is this just in Karachi?

yep its only available in Karachi currently.

The packages are over-priced. They should offer 256k for Rs. 500-600. especially as these are shard packages.

^ I completely agree. 512k shouldn't have been more than 800-900

They are charging more because one can move around with in Karachi, no fixed broadband. But they should reduce price as it is higher side.

Guys this is wireless! still better than gprs/edge packages by other companies!

it will get cheaper with time! maybe when ptcl launches evdo! such prices without any competition(wateen is a bit diff as in you cant roam with it coz you have that cpe) are good!

i red above that it is a share connection, can anyone tell me what is the share ratio.

guys u shud also think about the latency!

If like their cdma the latency is >1000ms then its useless

and also if they dont give u a dynamic external ip then its ful crap

ohh yeah that "same ip for everyone" is a big big problem...and doesn't latency rate depend on the distance from tower to user.?

They launching on Monday and will deliver it monday onward. I asked worldcall guy for demo but he did not appear. Hopefully, I may call him and get demo on Friday.

ok anyone who gets a demo do post abt it

there is not much efect on latency due to distance frm tower

4500 bucks though for the evdo modem? eeep..

why not go for wateen if they're charing 4500-6000 rs the evdo device. 1800rs for 512k is pretty outrageous anyway. i wont buy their shizzit

why not go for wateen if they’re charing 4500-6000 rs the evdo device. 1800rs for 512k is pretty outrageous anyway. i wont buy their shizzit
[/quote]

1800 for 512k is expensive when compared to maxcom but, outrageous? seriously ? :P