Worldcall Digital Channels List (Islamabad)

Hey guys following is the complete digital channels list provided by worldcall currently. They are providing 62 channels currently on 8 frequencies from 738 Mhz to 794 Mhz respectively. But they are using first six frequencies since july and 786 and 794mhz are blank. No idea of it. They were providing 70+ channels before june but since the dissappearance of multichoice and osn they have hardly reached the 60 mark.

I will update this list accordingly. Moreover this list also applies to Lahore as these channels are coming from worldcall headend in Lahore.

List is in order A to Z.

9X

9XM

Aag

Animal Planet (Asia)

AXN Pakistan

AXN Scifi (Viasat Russia)

Baby Tv

BBC Entertainment (Dreambox)

BBC Lifestyle (Dreambox)

BBC World News

Bloomberg

Business Plus

Channel V (Asia)

CNN

Colors

Discovery Channel

Disney Channel (Dreambox)

E Entertainment (Dreambox)

ETC

Euronews

Eurosport (Dreambox)

Fashion Tv (Europe)

Fox Crime (Viasat Russia)

Fox History (Asia)

Fox Life (Viasat Russia)

Fox Movies Middle East

Fox News

Fox Series Middle East

Geo News

Geo Super

History Channel

Haq Tv

Hum Tv

Imagine Tv

Lotus Macau (English Movies Channel) (China)

MGM

Mh One

Moviemax Premier (Dreambox)

Moviemax Family (Dreambox)

Nat geo Wild

Nickelodeon (Viasat Russia)

Reality Tv (Dreambox)

Rotana Music

Sahara Filmy

Sahara One

Sky News

Sony Entertainment Tv (Viasat Russia)

Sony Tv

Star One

Star Plus

TCM (Dreambox)

Ten Acttion+ (Dreambox)

Ten Cricket (Dreambox)

TLC

Travel Channel

TV 1000 (Viasat Russia)

Viasat Explorer (Viasat Russia)

Viasat History (Viasat Russia)

Viasat Sport (Viasat Russia)

WB

Zaiqa

Zoom

WOW !!! what a line-up yaar !

Thanx bro. :)

70 channels on 8 frequencies? Minimum 8 channels per frequency, I think quality won't be good specially on those frequencies which have 9 channels.

its Good news for Islamabd to chakwal people ...Now SUNTv islamabad is going to launch 60 Channels very soon. add 8 to 10 channels are more.......

Suntv Is now add Two Super Sport channel. and Nick channle for kids.......

Suntv Is now add Two Super Sport channel. and Nick channle for kids....... in the islamabad station

@shuak, One interesting thing which I have observed in worldcall digital tv is that they have 22 channels on their first two frequencies which means 11 and 11 on both. While remaining channels are distributed on rest of six frequencies having 8 channels each. It's totally different from suntv as the quality you mentioned never goes down. However in case of suntv if they put more than 7 channels on one frequency scrambling starts on the whole frequency and quality goes down too. No clue about it?

@shauk... If Suntv Put more then 100 channel nothing will happen its quality.... u r talking about world call has put 11 channels in first 2 groups.. Suntv can put 14 channels in 8 ports mux from 1 group... Nothing could be happen with the quality o Suntv quality will remain same.... because of mmds technology ..............................

Well, why is it that for the last decade (I know it's exaggeration, but still...) Sun TV was sleeping it butt off and not adding new channels? I mean - why now, and that too, all of a sudden?

Competition has a minimum of 100 channels. PTCL's Smart TV gives 150, and it's clear (although it has it's own display issues, and I strongly suspect their sound is not in stereo).

And Sun TV's giving less than half of what competition is giving, for the same price.

^X2

I was also using sun tv and its predecessor.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@shuak, One interesting thing which I have observed in worldcall digital tv is that they have 22 channels on their first two frequencies which means 11 and 11 on both. While remaining channels are distributed on rest of six frequencies having 8 channels each. It’s totally different from suntv as the quality you mentioned never goes down. However in case of suntv if they put more than 7 channels on one frequency scrambling starts on the whole frequency and quality goes down too. No clue about it?
[/quote]

Hmmmm thats strange. 11 channels is a huge number and still no effect on quality! I gota see it to believe it. :o

As far as Sun TV is concerned i guess they use the automatic bit rate feature on the receivers. In this feature all the channels on that frequency automatically adjust bitrate according to the number of channels. 12 Mbps is maximum bitrate. 3, 4.5 and 6 Mbps is a standard which can be manually adjusted. And this is for 6 channels. So you can imagine the rest. I hope i make it easier to understand.

@ shaheerk bro this is what im wondering for the last 4-5 years. They say they are bound to some restrictions but why? Cable has gone from 30 channels to 90 channels in just 4 years and they are still stuck at 50. Cable has now reached almost 100 channels and this is now a standard number. So for Sun Tv 100 is still not enough to get people’s attention if they are serious to get more subscribers.

hmm good line up

WorldCall also increased Analog Channels to 94 recently...

I think they are trying to take over whole Islamabad..

I am not sure why you are listing channels here when you can just go here and review both analog and digital channels for khi and lhr....

@bathisland

FYI, I have created list for people in Islamabad not for karachi or lahore and the website also contains lists for karachi and lahore only. Moreover those lists you are telling here are more than a year old and more than 15 channels are differnent from that list in my list. So there's always a reason for something bru and that's what it is. coooool yaar!

Update on the list!

Good News!

Another update on the list guys is that worldcall has also started giving radio channels on these frequencies as well. They are 11 right now and changings are in progress so I will mention those radio channels in two or three days time when they will settle down probably. Suntv users might be aware of these radio channels cauz at suntv we used to receive two radio channels I guess couple of years back. So it's great that worldcall is adding features to their service day by day.

Thats a good news :)

what channels they are offering on radio? some of them must be from DSTV's audio bouquet which is great.

Yep we used get couple of radio channels in past but they didn't last long. Just recently they put Radio Pakistan Swat but removed it after couple of days.

Bro waiting for the list.

Hey guys the update time!

As I mentioned couple of days back about the radio channels of worldcall, the list of ten radio channels is as follows and FYI it also has been added to list of tv channels above.

Radio Channels List:

Air Hindi

Air Urdu

BBC English (East Asia)

BBC English (Europe)

BBC English (South Asia)

BBC English News

BBC Hindi

BBC Urdu

FM Gold

Hamara FM

@shuak

All of these radio channels I suppose are from AsiaSat or else which my cousin uses. However about audio bouquet of DSTV will definitely be a great addition but let's see.

Only Humara FM is from Asiasat. BBC channels are from Apstar 2R. Air channels are from DD package from Insat.

There is so much more interesting and better to offer from many satellites. Why Hindi crap? Kinda disappointing list. :(

List has been updated above.

update time:

Geo super is gone and super sport is back. Star cricket has been replaced by utv movies. Mnet West is given by replacing mm2.

I asked worldcall about removing mnet series and mm2 and they said that they are trying their best to keep receiving channels as they are getting removed from this current satellite. After 31st May whole dstv african bouquet would be gone and let's see what worldcall will do about it.