WorldCall Cable Tv Now in Islamabad

There is good news for all tv lovers in islamabad Worldcall Cable tv is now also in Islamabad.It started its test transmission with more than 80 channels.Its Movie channels are very bright and clear as compare to other cable operators in Rwp/Isb Free from ads too.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATED CHANNEL LIST WITH IMAGES ON PAGE 2<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

lolx it wont stay free from ads, its coz they are on test transmission, same happened in Lahore and the they had ads upon ads upon ads :)

Can someone share the channel list they are showing or just tell if their channels are the same as that of the local cable operaters here.

Also what about the quality of channels? On our current cable tv, quality starts deteriorating for channels > 30 and becomes unviewable for channels >55. So although the cable wala claims to be showing 70+ channels, only about 50 are actually viewable.

And last, what are their subscription charges and is the service availabe in G-6?

i too live in G-6 they should provide service in our area but i think they are currently testing in Daddys area i.e F sector. mostly in F-10.

if some one can confirm.

is Worldcall cable's distribution like normal cable wala's (just a coaxial cable)? or do you have to get a set top box? and what about internet??

I also live in G-6/2 and if u live in G-6 than u might observed the 'webcom cable' has been replaced by World Call in G-6 10th OCT.It is available on previous system, i think that previous cablewala is take over by WORLDCALL.

Channel list:

1.All Pakistani Channels

2.Indian Channels available are Star ONE,STAR PLUS,SET MAX,SET,SAB tv,B4u Movies,STAR GOLD(New additions except starplus and set)

3.7 Movie Channels (4 indian,3 English)

4.ENGLISH MOVIE CHANNELS

Star Movies

HBO

CINEMA CITY(new)

CINE Max (New) added today

HBO FAMILY(new)added today

MM1 (new and against law might be removed as mnet was removed in evening)

HALLMARK

TOTAL 82 CHANNELS.

Tonight they remove the "worldcall" logo from their 7 movie channels but u can still observe their channel sequence is in such way that "business plus" and Wikid plus are first one after ptv 3 channels.

Reception quality is not good but picture quality is much better than previous cable network.

Here is the complete list of channels by World Call ISB (after tunning i found these channels myself on television) Updated List (26th October)

88 CHANNELS

::::Pakistani channels list :::

AAJ

GEO

GEO NEWS

INDUS NEWS

EXPRESS NEWS

ARY

ARY ONE WORLD

G KABOOM

PTV

PTV NEWS

PTV NATIONAL

DAWN NEWS

SAMA

WAQT

ONE NEWS

ATV

AAG

TV ONE

HUM

FILMAZIA

BUSINESS PLUS

INDUS NEWS

CNBC

KTN

KTN News

Khyber News

KOOK

APNA

APNA NEWS

DIN tv

CHANNEL 5

ROHI

ROYAL

R WORLD

STAR ASIA

PUNJAB TV

SINDH TV

WASEEB

ARY ZAUQ

MASALA

::::SPORTS:::::

TEN

ESPN

STAR SPORTS

SUPER SPORTS 6

GEO SPORTS

:::::ENGLISH::::::::

AXN

STAR WORLD (NOW PAKISTAN/ME)

BBC PRIME

SUPER COMEDY

STV Starlite

HALLMARK

CINEMA CITY

HBO

STAR MOVIES

CINE MAX

HBO FAMILY

::::ENGLISH NEWS::::

BBC

FOX

CNN

BLOOMBERG

:::REALITY::::

NAT GEO

ANIMAL PLANET

DISCOVERY

Discovery Travel and Living

:::Islamic /arablic:::::

PEACE TV

SAUDI 1

QTV

::::KIDS:::::

TOON DISNEY

CARTOON NETWORK (PAKISTAN)

POGO

NICK (PAKISTAN)

:::::INDIAN CHANNELS::::::

SET

STAR PLUS

STAR ONE

SET MAX

SET SAB

STAR GOLD

B4U MOVIES

B4U MUSIC

::::::::Music::::::

MTV PAKISTAN

CH [V] int'l

::::::DVD Movie Channels::::::::

7 Movie Channels (3 english 4 Indian)

::::::FOOD and Lifestyle INTERNATIONAL:::::::::

BBC LIFESTYLE

Main stream channels still not available on WorldCall

Discovery (added)

Indus tv

NATGEO Adventure

Star Cricket

MTV PAKISTAN (Now Added)

Play Tv

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Channels Removed from WC

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

MM1

MNET SERIES

B4U Music (Now Added)

THE MUSIK

HBO FAMILY (Now Added)

JETIX

PTV USA

HISTORY CH

MTV ARABIA

1) MM1 has been placed twice

2) MM1 technically doesn't exist any more - it's now MNET Movies.

3) MTV Arabia is NOT an Indian channel. I repeat - it is NOT an Indian channel. I don't know the mix of music videos on MTVA, but I'd prefer MTVE... not even [V] Int'l!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

1) MM1 has been placed twice

2) MM1 technically doesn’t exist any more - it’s now MNET Movies.

3) MTV Arabia is NOT an Indian channel. I repeat - it is NOT an Indian channel. I don’t know the mix of music videos on MTVA, but I’d prefer MTVE… not even [V] Int’l!

[/quote]

Thanks ,i edited the list as u pointed out.I wrote what i watched so i can’t say anything more MM1 in white letters with black cinema screen logo appears on upper right side of screen.As i have no capture card at the moment so i can’t post u the picture but ok i will prove i am not lying.But anyways thanks for correcting me.

With that, it'll be easier for them to supply Internet.

Worldcall is based on HFC and one line can be used for internet, tv and phone services.

Here is the complete list of channels by World Call ISB
[/quote]

Many thanks for the effort.

I just wish now that they start providing high speed and low rate internet as well.

MM1 with that logo is MNET Movies. It's no longer the Movie Magic Channel. :)

You'll need to edit a bit more again: MTV Arabia's in the correct category, but the 3 English and 4 Indian channels are in the wrong category :P put them right in the end, after a new line.

so how come WE in Karachi don't have this kind of line up of channels? we get CRAP from WC. And i think we also have to pay more than Lahore --- am i right?

MM1 with that logo is MNET Movies. It’s no longer the Movie Magic Channel. :)

You’ll need to edit a bit more again: MTV Arabia’s in the correct category, but the 3 English and 4 Indian channels are in the wrong category :P put them right in the end, after a new line.

[/quote]

Thanks for Comments,I edited as u said but i am not a perfectionist and i want only to share knowledge.i prepared ,categorized and Updating this list myself for other members easiness.

where did you get that channel list from?

guys dont worry this channel lineup (if true) is just a introductory offer :D from them they will replace all of the channels with crappy pakistani and indian channels when they get some customers

Adding on to Saad Ibrahim's comment, the channels will be replaced by the cheesy Worldcall channels too... which constitute roughly 30% of the entire bouquet.

And... I wonder if they're going to restrict themselves to one area only. The thing is - I'm sick of my cablewala. He supplies 90 from Chaklala, and 10 minutes down the road, we get 60. Utterly pathetic and lame (and Lahore gets more...)

where did you get that channel list from?

guys dont worry this channel lineup (if true) is just a introductory offer :D from them they will replace all of the channels with crappy pakistani and indian channels when they get some customers

[/quote]

I am receiving these channels from last 4 days replaced by our old cable “webcom” claims islamabad largest cable network.As our cable loop(area cablewala) has changed its headend from webcom to worldcall.(might be because of some sasti deal)

Its evident as they replaced many good channels in 2 days with regional channels.In Islamabad All cablewalas have to be careful because of PEMRA Head Office as i never saw any illegal channels for more than two days.Even In Rawalpindi you may find alot of INDIAN channels in Saddar,RWP city except zee channels.Zee network and other illegal channels are easily available allover Pakistan in areas away from Pemra Office.Only channels with landing rights are shown by ISB cable operators.Cable Operator in ISB not shows indian Latest movies which rights owned by GEO,ARY,AAJ etc.

One difference i find is only picture quality of this system is better than our previous one and others in Rwp e.g brightness level of channels and colors are excellent e.g i can easily read ticker on news channels without adjusting brightness.

Below are some caps of wc movie channels for proof (now WC logo appears again)

Click on images below for full view

cable1te6.th.jpgthpix.gif

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

cable2md3.th.jpgthpix.gif

i am just waiting for wateen to launch their cable on a larger scale rather than *beep* dha lahore.... their cable is amazing.. they will also launch 4 hd channels

Just saw the logo myself. I wonder what internet services they will be providing, if any, especially over fiber.