WorldCal EvDO Problems

I got WorldCall EvDO 256kbps connection with 510A device on Jan 8. I instantly started having problems. Firstly the download rate for torrents doen't go up beyond 10kbps and even with that everything stops working, so i can't browse while I'm downloading at a lousy speed of 10kbps. The signals are full and bottom strength is almsot full too. However, this is old story.

About two days ago, another problem emerged. The internet works as long s as i keep browsing, but stops within 5-10 minutes if idle. So I need to disconnect and reconnect to use it. This also means that I can't download anything while hile I'm away from PC.

Eversince Jan 10 I have lodged a numb er of complaints with the 0800 helpline but I guess they either forget or their 24 hours idea of "24 hours" is beyond something else. I ahve a number of complaint numbers and every time I am assured that THIS TIME I WILL BE CONTACTED, but it's become a joke anyhow.

I'm using Vista Home Premium. Does anyone else have had the same problem? Any suggestions about what I can do before I decide to get disconnected for good? Please help!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I got WorldCall EvDO 256kbps connection with 510A device on Jan 8. I instantly started having problems. Firstly the download rate for torrents doen’t go up beyond 10kbps and even with that everything stops working, so i can’t browse while I’m downloading at a lousy speed of 10kbps. The signals are full and bottom strength is almsot full too. However, this is old story.

About two days ago, another problem emerged. The internet works as long s as i keep browsing, but stops within 5-10 minutes if idle. So I need to disconnect and reconnect to use it. This also means that I can’t download anything while hile I’m away from PC.

Eversince Jan 10 I have lodged a numb er of complaints with the 0800 helpline but I guess they either forget or their 24 hours idea of “24 hours” is beyond something else. I ahve a number of complaint numbers and every time I am assured that THIS TIME I WILL BE CONTACTED, but it’s become a joke anyhow.

I’m using Vista Home Premium. Does anyone else have had the same problem? Any suggestions about what I can do before I decide to get disconnected for good? Please help!!

[/quote]

Since the signals are full, the issue looks like the problem is with the device.

What number are your complaining on? There is no 0800 number for Worldcall. You should complain on 021-111-111-965 only. You may want to speak to the senior of CSR as they will be able to give you proper knowledge (most of the times).

Thanks, I called the 925 helpline and this guys look a bit more serious and concerned. Let's see what they come up with...

@ ibaunted your problem solved or its still there ?.

Please dont take it wrong way, i had been a user of World Call, and therefore know how they gona treat you, Dont buy it! Too many problems, while you are using it, no worldcall rep. will help you, and when you want refund of your device they will give you 45-days but actualy it will take 90-days or more, Helpline will sugest you to go to Fayyaz Center (OH my God, their staff even dont know the ABC of what they suppose to do.) u wana know how? they give me 4-contact numers at fayyaz center, so that i can call them to know the status of my refund etc. the numbers are 7710911-7710910-7725910-7060103 (Call and see what happen) first 2 numbers are installed at someone home, and 3rd one is switched off and the 4th one was never picked up. Now what you guys think?

^ thanx for sharing info mate. (y)

assalamualikum i got evdo 256kbs

here is my speeed test

shamfull

475247796.png

475247796.png

I am using WORLD CAL EVDO 512 K since April 2009. It is Ok so far as ease of connectivity is concerned, but the biggest draw back of World Cal EvDo is sluggish / poor / extreeemely slow downloading speed. I can well see from other users' reviews that they are more or less having the same issue namely SLOW SPEED. I have been regularly complaining WorLD CaLL but they do not appear to understand my problem. 512 is considered to a good speed but I am puzzled as to why WoRLd CaLL EVDO is so SLOw? I shall appreciate if any user of WOrlD CaLL EVDO could tell me what should be done to improve the speed as now I am getting irritated by this Slow speed. S.T. ALi - DHA Karachi

Refund cheque:

Is it delivery to home or we have to go in person to collect it? It has been 60 days and these idiots playing lame excuses with my friend, WC people are telling him that the cheque will be delivered to your home.

My Speedtest as of now:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 258 kbps (32.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 95 kbps (11.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 1409 ms

Using:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/bw.asp

Device: AnyData AMR-500A CDMA Wi-Fi router.

Connection: 256 kbps

Download and torrents:

On direct / HTTP / FTP downloads, I normally get an average of 25~20 kbps (in early days I used to get up to 124kbps on same connection) while torrents are pain in the neck. Seldom I get speed of 15 kbps on torrent but typically it is no more than 7 kbps, that's why I can't think of downloading DVDs (will have to wait for week at least).

Based on my experience with PTCL's DSL, Wateen and now Worldcall EVDO -- I reckon all ISPs in Pakistan have same pathetic customer support who only know rote learned replies to your questions - if you ask a bit technical question, they will either give you a wrong answer or will try hard to prove you are wrong (haven't met any customer support personnel admitting he doesn't know).

In my case, Worldcall EVDO is the best I got (best not in terms as Best but the lesser of evil) although it is very expensive but I can say I have an Internet connection that will work when needed, slow or fast, a matter of luck and time :).

i ve world call usb evdo of 1mb. am facing a problem that its not working on windows 7. may be some drivers problems. what should i do?? where to get the drivers???

my evdo is working properly on xp but not on windows 7. plz solve my problem.

I have been using WorldCall EvDO 256kbps connection in sialkot since may 31, 2010. Its speed is amazing and Browsing is very fast. No other 256kbps connection can give you this kind of speed. I also have 1mb ptcl land line connection so i know the difference. I have noticed WorldCall EvDO does not work when it blows fast/wind storm.

When it rains,snows or theres a storm all these EVdo devices are affected...But i have used this device for a long time and i am greatly satisfied with it. I have downloaded like 120 GB + of data since ive had this. And it works great. If you get less signal get a long USB cable and hang this up high. Problem solved

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

my evdo is working properly on xp but not on windows 7. plz solve my problem.
[/quote]

On windows 7 make sure you’re windows is activated. Not in the trial phase. And install the device in Administrator Mode. And when you install the device make sure you don’t plug anything else in the USB ports…give that a try…