World Call cable tv - Discovery Channel

I am using world call cable tv here in Karachi , they dont have Discovery in their channel list, I called them asking why and they said buy digital tv , I told them why should I buy it for one channel , so they said ok we have entered your request and when there is enough demand for this channel we will put it in list. I was like what ? , enough demand for Discovery Channel ? You guys can show half a dozen punjabi/saraiki channel and same number of sindhi (regional channels) and no Discovery channel ? To which they ofcourse had no answer.

I dont have any thing against the regional channels , but no discovery channel is like ... wtf

Is there no demand for Discovery channel , ? every one else watching Star Plus and Ktn news or something ?

Well all those people using world call in karachi ( I believe there are many ) please do me a favour , big one , call those intelligent people and tell them there is demand for discovery channel , ................ or on second thought I am wondering is every body actually watching ktn news and star plus and dont care about discovery channel :)

WorldCall is in the process of eventually pushing

(forcing) every subscriber to their Digital Service,

and in the process minting a fair bit of money (of

course).

For sometime now, they routinely put out a teaser

(say like Discovery Channel) on the analog service

to give you a taste and then bump it up to their

Digital Service. You call in a huff, "where the heck is

channel XYZ! ?", and they calmly give you their sales

pitch.

The Digital Service is not all it's cut out to be, either.

Most of the time, half the channels are on the fritz

(ie; don't show up). The ones that do, are the same

ol' indian crap, Virtual University, Business Plus, etc.

It's a crappy service, now run by the same weasels

who bring you KESC (U.A.E). What did you expect ?.

Sheikh 'Doomed 2B A Victim Of Circumstance' Chilli

So do we have any alternates ? ( I have already returned ptcl smart tv device so excluding that )

as far as the expectations are concerned , well .. hmm .. is there anything in Pakistan we can expect something from ? :)

Worldcall is showing Discovery in Islamabad.

Sun TV in Islamabad also has Discovery in their lineup from the day one. used to be Indian version with both Hindi and English audio tracks. but from few days they switched it to European version. They also have Indian version of Animal Planet with both audio tracks. Don't know about Karachi what they are offering.

if there is a local cablewala who is showing discovery channel then you can get that cable installed as well

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

if there is a local cablewala who is showing discovery channel then you can get that cable installed as well
[/quote]

thats exactly what i did last month, got sick of worldcall’s stupid channel lineup

with localcable i m getting 3-4 showtime channels,cinemacity, supermovies, discovery etc…in short u get everything worldcall digital tv offers and then some just for Rs 200.

Any one konw if SunTv is available in Karachi ?

For local cablewala I think there is one though not sure, I will hunt for it to check if one is available and the price/channel list.

I hope some good company invests in this area and provides reliable service, so all can dump worldcall, they have been painful whether its tv or internet.

^^Yep its available. call or visit.

5-Y, Block-6, P.E.C.H.S

Tel : 111-222-333

www.suntv.org (its been ages since that site updated)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^^Yep its available. call or visit.

5-Y, Block-6, P.E.C.H.S

Tel : 111-222-333

www.suntv.org (its been ages since that site updated)

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.