Wordpress Plugin for Google +1 button

Google has launched +1 button.

If you have wordpress blog and you want to add +1 button

here is the plugin for that

http://bit.ly/ir2WNK

Does +1 works with you gmail account? I do not understand whats the benefit of using it.

U

I see facebook 'likes' are shared with friends, but do people use gmail contacts so extensively by everyone?

[quote=“Zazzyo, post:2, topic:14689”]

Does +1 works with you gmail account? I do not understand whats the benefit of using it.

U

I see facebook ‘likes’ are shared with friends, but do people use gmail contacts so extensively by everyone?

[/quote]

It helps improve search ranking of site.

I don’t think it has anything to do with gmail contacts

The way it will improve search engine ranking is a bit of a far shot for now. Google admits that there's little effect to +1 alone. It has got more to do with personalized search where you're logged in and items that have been +1'd by people in your social network get priority.

The issue is not many people consider google profiles, gmail/gtalk chat list, google contacts, google reader/buzz followers as their social network. It would have been a lot better if there was a way for google to identify your facebook friends and twitter followers and offer personalized search based on that. That, however, isn't going to happen.

It will only be really useful if google's social products get adopted more than they're now.

This sounds useless then, what is the point of doing plus 1 then? For the sake of benefit to the humanity? Or help google efficiently display better results? Like we doing dere job.

Google should start accepting Facebook as the social networking leader, like they have been accepting Microsoft's Windows.

i think facebook like button is more effective.