Word Math Puzzle

Guys - can any one give a next hint for this - (Not the Solution - i have it on back of my puzzle book)

So far i have found

B = 0

L = 1

O = P + 1

E + N = 10

whereas all letters are between 0 - 9.

Correct me if i'm wrong - i'm just confused which next hint can lead to a solution - give it a try please and again no solution please :)

puzzle.jpg

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

’].
[/quote]

why bothering a empty reply ? :) raising post count ?

What is this , I dont know

Guys - can any one give a next hint for this - (Not the Solution - i have it on back of my puzzle book)

So far i have found

B = 0

L = 1

O = P + 1

E + N = 10

whereas all letters are between 0 - 9.

Correct me if i’m wrong - i’m just confused which next hint can lead to a solution - give it a try please and again no solution please :)

http://goldish.networkncc.info/puzzle.jpg

[/quote]

Solved!!!

1st of all try doing the third line first.

P N N B S

P E U I I

in this line the focus on Number/Digit U. See its the same number which is in NULL and when NULL is being multiplied by I then IxL=I again IxL=I and then IxU=(PEU) we dont know yet but the Digit/Number U is repeating again. Now, 6 is the only number (if we ignore taking square of each number) which will do this.

for example.

6x2= 12 [number 2 is repeating]

6x4=24 [again 4 is the number coming twice in this multiplication]

6x6=36 [its not possible for this puzzle so ignoring it]

6x8=48 again last number is repeating…

So U is either 2, 4, 8 [6 not possible since we already assuming the one number is 6]

and since i even myself dont know what the hell i have written above i am just gonna give you a hint

HINT::::

I=6 U=2 N=7

Nah ! See

I x U = EU

And it can be any of following not just even as said above :

4x6

5x3

5x5

5x7

5x9

6x6

8x6

So yóu can't take above assumtion as correct.

* sent via ATT Blackberry

Ok IxU isn't equal to EU.. you are forgetting about the possibility of carry. plus: NU multiply by E is Equal to ULI (where L=1) in 2nd line *ULIEE* hence UL can't be 11,31, 41,51,61,71 but it can be 81 but in that case its 9x9=81. but we know its not the case since we cant take square of a number in case of 91. the one multipliable number exceeds from 9 so thats also not the case.

2remm4m.jpg

Ok IxU isn’t equal to EU… you are forgetting about the possibility of carry. plus: NU multiply by E is Equal to ULI (where L=1) in 2nd line ULIEE hence UL can’t be 11,31, 41,51,61,71 but it can be 81 but in that case its 9x9=81. but we know its not the case since we cant take square of a number in case of 91. the one multipliable number exceeds from 9 so thats also not the case.
[/quote]

Question :

How are we assuming that UL can’t be 41 and 51 as

U can be 4 and 5 as well isn’t it ?

OHHH! well at least you are understanding what i am trying to say, trust me no other person will have any idea what we are discussing... :)

here is why coz ExN =UL (L=1) now E and N have to be the numbers which by multiplying each other resulting the digit whose last digit is 1, now as you said why not 31 or 41 or 51 whose last digit is one but 31 is only possible in one way that is 31x1, same goes for 41 and 51. and 11 for that matter. 21 is the only number (again ignoring the square thing and hence not counting 81) which gives us the two different digits/numbers 7 and 3. (7x3=21) I hope it helps you.

you know how i solved this puzzle, i kept tried to get the value of U by trying to assume any number and putting them in third line and if third line turned out to be OK. then i use the same numbers in the 2nd line in order to find the value of N and E and if in 2nd line whenever i found the number aren't correct i got back to 3rd line again to find the correct value of U from new possible way. After many tries i got the value of N E U I and as you already told the values of L and B (which were obvious) i had 6 correct values of different number remaining only 4 and that was very easy. Just simple adding and subtracting did the job.

Now why i was so eager to find the value of U? coz other than L it was the most important number appearing in most lines and in every multiplication it has to appear which gives us the importance of next number which of course is N and in finding N and U i automatically found the value of E and I.

Solved...

trust me its a brain teaser and if it hadn't been up to the loadshedding i wouldn't have solved it (good thing i noted it at a hard copy on the 1st time). Video games and Watching movies and downloading makes me very busy ... :) you know when there is electricity. If you have any other puzzle just tell me it really helps to kill the time.

haha - yeah i know what you're saying - let me go through it again and see if i understand the logic. Nice Job man - you got proven IQ more than me atleast ;)

i'm actually flying from US to Lahore mid january - i have stay in DC for like 8 hours , for which i bought a 500 pages puzzle book but couldn't help opening it up before hand :P will post more for sure. Some are very interesting.

No problem dude. Reminds me of a online puzzle i used to do in little time possible

eg:

--- ----- -- --- -- ----

it says "the color of sky is blue"

now try adding the most common alphabet and the most common alphabets are vowels *a e i o u*

i used to solve many puzzles just with these 5 letters.