Wondering to check if the Laptop Battery is really new/unused

Any way to check the Laptop Battery is really new or unused and Genuine?

Yes System checks the health of the battery but doesn't tell the actual life consumed or remaining of the battery

Physical Finishing and Quality of the battery tells itself either it is genuine or not.

any other ways to validate?

note: Battery doesn't have physical health meter on it

^ Date of manufacturing is what you should be looking for. Lithium-ion batteries start aging from the date of manufacturing.

It might be possible to get date or a vague idea about month/year of manufacture from serial number. Maybe by sending serial number to company's support email address or from website of company and maybe company will reveal the manufacturing date by serial number.

well I don't know may be the thing im gonna talk about is physical health meter

In my r50e there is a software for it battery maximizer, it shows the Cycle Counts only of a genuine battery. An unused battery would have zero or 1 cycle counts

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well I don’t know may be the thing im gonna talk about is physical health meter

In my r50e there is a software for it battery maximizer, it shows the Cycle Counts only of a genuine battery. An unused battery would have zero or 1 cycle counts

[/quote]

Recharge cycles? How many times a battery has been recharged? Does that software write this information inside battery or does it write this information on HDD?

I just got a utility Battery Status may be like the one as omernaeem17 has in his r50e, may be not.

just look at the Information about the my current Battery that I was thinking about I've lost it. and it's true with this information.

bat.jpg

the second values from the bottom are showing as follows

the capacity, which is the maximum amount that I'll be able to charge it is 17390mWh

the original maximum capacity was 57720mWh

means I have now only the 31% almost of the battery's original capacity

and 69% wear means I have lost 69%.

I used it only just 10 months now but the behavior of the battery is the same or a bit better since last 2 months :/

and as 0 cycles are shown in the last field. I didn't get any information about it yet. but i think the capacity is what will help giving the information about any new battery.

but I just found this utility and I am not sure about the authentication of its values.

so guys can you please test it for me with your batteries. and share the resulted values you get. also with some remarks about your satisfaction with the values that if the results are good as you think they should be.

because as I think about the above results are good with the battery currently I am using.

so please guys if this tells the accurate values it can help me test the new battery I purchase.

thank you

information/download source

http://cybernetnews.com/cybernotes-laptop-battery-status/

http://users.rcn.com/tmtalpey/BattStat/

http://users.rcn.com/tmtalpey/BattStat/download-098.htm

@bellskar

That's a very handy software. :)

If it is dell laptop then u can check on dell support website for its details. Just enter its service tag number and dell will display its details. Click on original system configuration and then dell will display its original configuration with part number of every part. U can confirm the parts by matching their number.

@bellskar

That’s a very handy software. :)

[/quote]

yes it is. didn’t you checked with it? :P

If it is dell laptop then u can check on dell support website for its details. Just enter its service tag number and dell will display its details. Click on original system configuration and then dell will display its original configuration with part number of every part. U can confirm the parts by matching their number.
[/quote]

thanks

but I was looking for a new battery and all that stuff is to prepare for that new one to test. it’s not about the one I already have

any ways thanks :)

I was wondering if you could also test the above utility?

^ sorry. I dont have any laptop with me right now.

yes it is. didn’t you checked with it? :P

[/quote]

My battery is left with only 41% charge. :( Time to replace the battery :expressionless:

^better than me any way :)

but do u think it's correct. how much change did you feel it has been decreased from time when u bought it?

and how long u have been using it?