WiTribe Pocket Modem Help

Dear Users,

AOA.

I wanted to know is there any way I can connect my WiTribe Pocket Modem to wifi? (Which I may take soon). Basically in more simple words I am taking Wi Tribe's pocket modem soon so tell me the following;

1. How is the service?
  2. Any drawbacks?
  3. Any glitches?
  4. Can I connect it with wifi? (Please give me exact wifi router model)
  5. Any other things you would like to comment on (regarding pocket modem)

Thanks.

Never used it. So, no idea.

You can check out DLink DIR-412. It works with ptcl evo. Ask any of the shopkeepers in Techno City and they will be able to tell you. Thats because they sell the routers as well as the WiTribe pocket modems.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

Hmm helpfull info! :)

I'm planning to get one of them. wi-tribe claims they are 4G and much faster, is it true? would i get good signals in Pasig area near ever mall? OR i should go for PLDT? some people say its good.

currently i have SKYCABLE, and i'm so disapointed with the service. It takes me 30 minutes to watch a 5 mint clip on YouTube. Please share your experience! Thanks

Do you have any proof of their claim that they are 4G? If any, please make a new thread. You will see how will members mutilate their claim and shred it to pieces.

Forget WI-Tribe its a CRAP.

Pocket Modem is crap!

I have got my services disconnected from 16th July 2012. I m getting PTCL 4MB

wi-tribe kept on overcharging without any reason.

1. I had never purchased anti virus but they charged me in my bill and when i sent a complaint they straight forward rejected it and said NO we will not revert the charges.

2. Same for extra usage charge.

3. CRAP 50rs Service Charge

4. CRAP Speed

Wi tribe is not a crap although it is the best wimax service provider, but can't say anything about Pocket Modem

[quote=“WDC, post:, topic:”]

Dear Users,

AOA.

I wanted to know is there any way I can connect my WiTribe Pocket Modem to wifi? (Which I may take soon). Basically in more simple words I am taking Wi Tribe’s pocket modem soon so tell me the following;

• How is the service?
  • Any drawbacks?
  • Any glitches?
  • Can I connect it with wifi? (Please give me exact wifi router model)
  • Any other things you would like to comment on (regarding pocket modem)

Thanks.

[/quote]

Service (Signal Quality and Speed) depends on your location. Mine is working fine. A little drawback that you cannot get good signal in very conjsted buildings enviroment, you have to be in a little bit open environment. Yes you can convert it into WIFI by using USB WIFI Router. POcket modem is good because in Pakistan there is not enough electricity to power up the desktop modems all the time.

i think pakistan PTCL is the best internet service provider ...........................

I have used witribe wifi modem for 3 months and it was a worse experience for me. My speed is 1MBPS and at peak hours the downloading speed is 10-30KBPS with IDM and with speed boast it gives me 5-10KBPS dont know why with speed boast it gives my this speed with 2-3 signals but in morning like 8-9am it gives me 100-130kbps. And on torrent it gives me 5-7KBPS and when i call witribe customer service centre they say that clear your internet history restart your pc connect your device through LAN and etc........... its a junk they can just advertise our internet is fastest then qubee or wateen or we are given the award of #1 broadband company. so my advice is stay away from witribe. they are liars.

ptcl is providing best internet in pakistan...downloading speed is amazing on torrent downloading speed in day time ranges 300-700kbps...

PTCL is the best internet service provider in Pakistan

[quote=“yampire, post:10, topic:17403”]

Service (Signal Quality and Speed) depends on your location. Mine is working fine. A little drawback that you cannot get good signal in very conjsted buildings enviroment, you have to be in a little bit open environment. Yes you can convert it into WIFI by using USB WIFI Router. POcket modem is good because in Pakistan there is not enough electricity to power up the desktop modems all the time.

[/quote]

Depending on the signal strength, Wi-tribe Pocket Modem works good, If CNIR value is above 20 and RSSI Value is above -80 which mean -79 or -78 then it will be work more perfectly. As I am a Wireless Internet Provider of Witribe, Qubee, PTCL EVO & Wingle, the above information is absolutely correct.

HI,

I am also using poket modem of witribe from last few days and never get speed on it. can anyone let me know how can I get batter speed on it. on the admin panel its is showing signal strenth about 85% but still not good speed. friends suggest me something .................