WISP / WIFI hotspot

AoA.

i want to make a WISP (wireless ISP) setup to cover 10km area..

how much cost is required... ???

what kind of equipments to be used...????

any company offering this solution???

any one having this experience...?????? plz share..

setup will cost alotmore than your thoughts

you'll needed

AC powered wifi routers

high speed internet connections

and long range antennas

this setup/solution not yet offered by any company in Pakistan only some US and European cities has full free or pay coverage of wifi internet access

is it upto .5 million pkr..???

i just want to make wireless internet sharing just like LAN ... .to share internet and multimedia to the clients... i have already running it with cable LAN. but i want to convert it to wireless.

Go China all the equipments are available for this setup and get help there

I think first thing you will need is a license. Equipment comes at later stage.

[quote=", post:6, topic:14607"]

I think first thing you will need is a license. Equipment comes at later stage.

[/quote]

Yup…if you are thinking ISP level then first get license otherwise if you’re thinking to expand your Local cable net over WiFi…then simply buy some omni antennas and place few directional antennas…TP-link is a very good cheap option…They have 12dbi OMNI antennas and are working for many, under 1-2KM…If you want a neat setup and powerful one it can cost you around 40-50K…whereas if you need pro setup then a 500K budget would be required…!

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:7, topic:14607”]

Yup…if you are thinking ISP level then first get license otherwise if you’re thinking to expand your Local cable net over WiFi…then simply buy some omni antennas and place few directional antennas…TP-link is a very good cheap option…They have 12dbi OMNI antennas and are working for many, under 1-2KM…If you want a neat setup and powerful one it can cost you around 40-50K…whereas if you need pro setup then a 500K budget would be required…!

[/quote]

ok, if i convert my cable dsl to wifi then high gain antena should be used… ok. i understand… but which one.??? any model?? any on have it… or any experience of this work…??? how much antena should be used in 2-3 km range… ??? what is its cost??

and also what is the cost of licence???

Hello brother

I'm communication systems engineering student, final year.

I've experience of setting up a WISP/WiFi Hotspot in my village where there was no DSL connection, I brought the internet wirelessly from 8.5KM and distributed it over WiFi, it is working good.

If u want, I can work this out for u.

cost is not as much as some people are telling, its quite affordable.

send ur mobile number here: zeeshan(dot)310(at)gmail(dot)com, i'll msg u and we'll discuss details. (i can't post my details here, because spam starts following me)

Regards,

Zeeshan

setting up a wifi service in a highly populated urban environment is extremely hard, for one Tree's cause alot of signal loss on the 2.4ghz spectrum. the 5ghz spectrum handles physical structures considerably better but you'll need hardware on the client's end as well that supports the 5ghz spectrum.

If i use a simple WiFi router with ptcl will it balance the load automatically? or I have to connect a load balancer with it....

i think it would be very costly

I already told in my previous post that it is not as costly as some people are crying here...

some individuals have contacted me, one of them has started their setup.

you can visit this blog for further information: www.wifiwisp.blogspot.com

you can also post your queries on blog or mail me at zeeshan.310(at)gmail.com

its pretty cheap to setup W-ISP in Pak nowadays. There is no license required on a small scale. You can get the equipment and guidance from several companies. In Lahore try www.ambnet.net and there are several other in Hafeez Center. In Karachi there is www.autechnologies.com

CPE cost is around Rs.4.5k for TP-LINK 802.11b/g 54mbps outdoor unit with 12db integrated antenna that can give you upto 10km range in rural area.

Try http://www.ubnt.com/ their products are ava in Hafeez center second or third floor shop located adjacent to the stairs. Around Rs 11K.

Some of these are made for 50+ Km range e.g http://www.ubnt.com/bulletm which was ava. for exactly Rs 11K

Hello,
Contact us for WISP Setup in Punjab.

Tanveer Masih Khokhar (CEO)

ceo@fastconnect.pk

03137134402 l 03465920942 l 0572640615
info@fastconnect.pk

[quote=“suleman205, post:11, topic:14607”]

If i use a simple WiFi router with ptcl will it balance the load automatically? or I have to connect a load balancer with it…

[/quote]

plz help my evo wingles not responding on q mobile w1 windows 8.1?

solve

my problem