Wireless router with adsl modem

Hi

I am looking to buy a wireless router which has a builtin adsl modem , can any one suggest a good model and prices?

actually I only need a wireless router as I already have a dsl modem but I will prefer to buy a combo solution of modem+wireless router to save desk space

any ideas?

am using us robotics 9108

http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=9108

what is the price

well it was being sold for Rs6700 initially when it was introduced, some time back it was listed at Rs5700 then dropped to Rs5300 on Galaxy's site, now its not there,maybe you can call them up and inquire.. they might suggest you a new model or something better too Phone # 2430972 - 2433734

thanks

i have this D-Link DSL-2740B > Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router

http://www.dlink.co.uk/?go=jN7uAYLx/oIJaWVUDLYZU93ygJVYKuJXStvhLPG3yV3oV414h6ltbNlwaaRp7TouAmu5j3cf/YENBs7l3aLkLUgWt+jd

this is pretty awesome. it connects really fast.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i have this D-Link DSL-2740B > Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router

http://www.dlink.co.uk/?go=jN7uAYLx/oIJaWVUDLYZU93ygJVYKuJXStvhLPG3yV3oV414h6ltbNlwaaRp7TouAmu5j3cf/YENBs7l3aLkLUgWt+jd

this is pretty awesome. it connects really fast.

[/quote]

you’re using a N wifi card with that?

you’re using a N wifi card with that?

[/quote]

i am not using any card . I connect PS3 with wireless connection and my brother uses his laptop with a wireless connection. we dont use any extra hardware. and he also connects his mobilephone with this router.

i am not using any card . I connect PS3 with wireless connection and my brother uses his laptop with a wireless connection. we dont use any extra hardware. and he also connects his mobilephone with this router.
[/quote]

is ur bros laptop N compatable if not then why did u get an N router?

is ur bros laptop N compatable if not then why did u get an N router?

[/quote]

we bought that for PS3 and Xbox360. He has HP 530 Laptop PC , i think. So that is compatible with N. Every new Hardware is compatible with Wireless N. Laptop and PS3 connects with router instantly. We dont do anthing special or geeky.

we bought that for PS3 and Xbox360. He has HP 530 Laptop PC , i think. So that is compatible with N. Every new Hardware is compatible with Wireless N. Laptop and PS3 connects with router instantly. We dont do anthing special or geeky.
[/quote]

most hardware these days is not N compatible it G mostly only the new expensive stuff is N compatable

not even the Xbox 360 and PS3 are N compatible

and i checked the laptop 2 its not N compatible either

LOL but they all connect without using any extra thing. wireless N is compatible with all wirelss B nad G hardware, maybe thats why they are all able to connect.

LOL but they all connect without using any extra thing. wireless N is compatible with all wirelss B nad G hardware, maybe thats why they are all able to connect.
[/quote]

maybe the router u have also supports B n G

but to tell u the truth if u dont have anythin in ur home that supports N then buying the router was a kind of waste of money

coz N routers are more expensive compared to G routers

no offence

yes wireless N is compatible with all B and G hardware. and that was not a waste of money because we keep buying new hardware and that’ll be useful for a long time. besides it has a longer range… we use internet everywhere inside the house. :D our old router had a small range and that modem+router given by ptcl has also got very small range compared to this one.
[/quote]

oh if its for future proofing then its fine

i plan to but an N router 2 when i get my dsl installed

i already bought a linux wifi card for my laptop

oh if its for future proofing then its fine

i plan to but an N router 2 when i get my dsl installed

i already bought a linux wifi card for my laptop

[/quote]

yup we were looking for something with long range + compatible with all hardware + future proofing. and 2740B suits all our conditions.

ptcl router was not connecting with PS3 and Xbox360 properly. the signal used to drop alot. besides it didnt have port forwarding like we needed it. but this router has got it all. :D

@musafir how much did u paid for that and where you bought it from?

I bought it from Khan Plaza Multan and I dont know how much it costs. My brother paid him. I cant ask him because he is not here right now.