Wireless Router Provided by PTCL for their Broadband Service

I am planning to get wireless router from PTCL, as i am already using there 2 mb (4mb now) service. I see there are addtional charges. Are these additional charges for 1 year per month? or is this going to be deducted even after 1 year. Also please advise what wireless router they provide are best. And what is the range/signals of the router(s) provided.

Thanks in Advance.

There are 200 additional charges per month, and according to my info they will be charging even after 1 year as modem remains the property of PTCL, though you can get this shitty device free with DumbTV (a.k.a SmartTV) :P

Thanks MZC.

By the way, what devices they offer? Is it Wifi plus modem or do i have to connect it through the Shiro modem i already have. and what the brand and model numbers of the routers provided.

they will take ur shiro modem as it is ADSL Router+Wifi...

Don't know the range but it works in my two story house. Been using it since the beginning and no problems encountered so far. Go for it I say.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thanks MZC.

By the way, what devices they offer? Is it Wifi plus modem or do i have to connect it through the Shiro modem i already have. and what the brand and model numbers of the routers provided.

[/quote]

I have posted an image of this thing somewhere, Its manufactorer is Fiberhome , and there is only model available, It takes normally 1.5 minutes to fully boot and signal strength is so bad (using PTCL provided usb stick), and more bad with Mobile WiFi!

Thanks Keanu. The shiro modem is my property now so i wont give it to them. i've been using their service from last 5 years now.

Thanks Keanu. The shiro modem is my property now so i wont give it to them. i’ve been using their service from last 5 years now.
[/quote]

Sorry! But that’s not yours, According to the 2010 - Onwards policy, Modem is property of PTCL!

Sorry! But that’s not yours, According to the 2010 - Onwards policy, Modem is property of PTCL!

[/quote]

thts some shi$$%& sort policy…but u know one thing tht even though after one year incase ur modem effed-up(power issue) then u can simply get it replaced by a new one of the same kind, a shiro for a shiro…jus came to know about it wen i got my 1week old modem replaced…! u jus need a previous bill copy and modem only not even its adopter to get it replaced…!

[/quote]

What about modems installed before 2010 ?

Well They are charing 200 per month for a Wifi device i myself using WIFI

but I didnt get it From PTCL becuz if i use there it will cost me more then the Router itself lol

I bought Cisco wifi Modem in 4000 rs working Cool and AWESOME range :)

go ahead and buy your own WIFI and set it up :)

Thanks

Well They are charing 200 per month for a Wifi device i myself using WIFI

but I didnt get it From PTCL becuz if i use there it will cost me more then the Router itself lol

I bought Cisco wifi Modem in 4000 rs working Cool and AWESOME range :)

go ahead and buy your own WIFI and set it up :)

Thanks

[/quote]

I second that, use your own Wifi router, don’t use the ptcl one. A wifi wouter is a versatile machine. Just check this http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

What about modems installed before 2010 ?

[/quote]

Applied to all! Even if you are using broadband from the very first day of its launch!

i'll say if ur an existing IPTV customer then go for it since it'll be free for you....otherwise no use of getting it for 200Rs/month...!

^^^^^

My problem is that i've had very bad experience when it comes to wireless router. I bought a new one from Zyxel, it stopped working after few months, then bought a second hand US Robotics, that stopped working after few months aswell. I dont wanto invest another 3/4k on router at the moment, and as i use laptop with a good battery backup, i hate to be bound by LAN plug. So just wanto use PTCL wireless router temporarily untill i have some spare cash for a linksys or belkin router.

UPDATE

I called 1236 few days ago to downgrade my line from 4mb (it wasnt 4mb yet) to 1mb, when i told the CS guy i wanto install a wireless router too he told me u cannot submit two applications together! so i will have to wait untill my connection is downgraded. Khair i called him 2 days another guy said ur application has been approved and its now showing 1mb connection. Then i asked him i wanto use their wireless router service. He told me i would be charged 1400 in total, 1mb plus wireless router. i said okay when is ur field guy going to come, to my surprise he said sorry u will have to go pickup from ur exchange urself! i said WTF when there's a new connection u come running at our home. Anyways im going to confirm if my wireless router application have been confirmed or not. I work in a 9 to 6 company and i get back home not before 7, and my exchange (DSL section) closes even before 6! and sundays they dont open. So im now in a fix as to how to get the router, will probably have to ask a friend to pick on my behalf.

lol PTCL sure knew there are plenty of FOOLS who gonna buy this device for 200/m :D

no offense to anyone who already opt it!

lol I called PTCL today I said...I think my Modem Got Broken...they said It will cost 3000 for a new Modem!!!! WTF ? 3000 for Shiro modem !!!!

lol I got Ciso wifi in 4000 k :P

Applied to all! Even if you are using broadband from the very first day of its launch!

[/quote]

The modem PTCL provided is not with me. Somewhere out of this city. :P