Wireless Networking

Hello guyz

One of my friend is planning to setup a net cafe. He is willing to give internet , movies and games on his cafe now he also wants to go for wireless networking so can you people suggest any good solution with the cost of doing that i mean only for networking equipment cost.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hello guyz

One of my friend is planning to setup a net cafe. He is willing to give internet , movies and games on his cafe now he also wants to go for wireless networking so can you people suggest any good solution with the cost of doing that i mean only for networking equipment cost.

[/quote]

why wireless?

it will cost more and only create problems for him

Because wires can easily be damaged and he says he dont like wires :) and said one should go with the technology so what can i say more :)

Because wires can easily be damaged and he says he dont like wires :) and said one should go with the technology so what can i say more :)
[/quote]

he will need wireless router and connect it to internet and get wireless nic card for all the client pc and configure it that’s it

Wired Stuff is better!

In Small Places Cables serve better!

Get him to do it through proper channeling

Wired Stuff is better!

In Small Places Cables serve better!

Get him to do it through proper channeling

[/quote]

ditto and wired wil also be more managed compared to wireless

and also it will be much faster in terms of network speeds

Yeah go wireless only if u real;ly ned it. thats nothing abt going with the technologuy. the only advantage if wifi is hassle free networking. other than that it only has drawbacks, security, less speed, ccoverage problems.

Wires. cheaper, better, much faster.

Wires. cheaper, better, much faster.
[/quote]

i have told him that but i think he wont understand

tell your friend to check this thread out!

ok but how much wireless network will cost

One server + 10 clients

and also what will wired network cost for the same

Yeah go wireless only if u real;ly ned it. thats nothing abt going with the technologuy. the only advantage if wifi is hassle free networking. other than that it only has drawbacks, security, less speed, ccoverage problems.
[/quote]

how less speed? cant it offer 100mbps?

ok but how much wireless network will cost

One server + 10 clients

and also what will wired network cost for the same

[/quote]

wireless it will be like 20,000 coz if eachi wifi card is 2000 then it will be expensive

where as wired will be like 6000 includin the switch and wires

maybe more

wired will be even cheap

how much bacndwidth will be needed locally when 10 users will be watch movie shared from the server?
[/quote]

depends on the compression of the movie

but i think wifi wont have enuf bandwidth for it

while wired will have plenty for it

It depends on your router. You can barely stream videos directly over a network by one or two users max. If you want 10 users, you'll need a wired network with a gigabit switch in between the router and the users computers.

It depends on your router. You can barely stream videos directly over a network by one or two users max. If you want 10 users, you’ll need a wired network with a gigabit switch in between the router and the users computers.
[/quote]

sah i wud have to disagree with u

in my school we a 100 mbit wired network of 20 computers

and from one computer the teacher streams an instruction vdo to all 20 computers with no problem

@ruhaan: I speak from personal experience. I've tried streaming video over wired and wireless networks using Linksys routers. It may be possible, but I haven't seen it happen at my home!

@ruhaan: I speak from personal experience. I’ve tried streaming video over wired and wireless networks using Linksys routers. It may be possible, but I haven’t seen it happen at my home!
[/quote]

well i have done 6 computers at home over wired with no problems

but i have to say when i used a router(a wired one) rather than a switch i did see hicups in the vdo streamin

so maybe thatsur problem