wateen

mobilink infinity

worldcall

V-PTCL

Where they stand:

GPRS and EDGE of Telenor, Warid, Ufone, Mobilink

wht about Diallog and GoCDMA?

Do share your experience with the place mentioning,

because ones existance didn't materialize at other place.

Also quality varies from one destination to elsewhere ...

Wateen leads the race in speed and coverage.. By far.. They do have a lot of hidden charges and unclear policies...

there are no wireless kings in pakistan. whether its EDGE/GPRS/WLL or any other service. there are all like useless donkeys.

so the best of the donkeys in my opinion is ... erm none of the above.

well the WiMax scene is going to get interesting soon...with Mobilink infinity launching at a larger basis soon, and a another one Wi-Tribe is also setting up Wi-Max...so we can expect to have 3 different WiMax providers soon!!

they are all different. but b/w Vptcl and WcWireless i have to say WC coz for starters V-fone dont provide unlimited packages and you have to use internet at 6Rs/hour which can be costly if you are a heavy downloader and use a lot of internet.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

there are no wireless kings in pakistan. whether its EDGE/GPRS/WLL or any other service. there are all like useless donkeys.

so the best of the donkeys in my opinion is … erm none of the above.

[/quote]

Be optimistic. Thx God we even have wireless data. Telecom is one of the few fields in which Pakistan really advances in recent years from 0.3 million to 63 million as of CIA factbook. The corruption here only allows certain fields to flourish in which some govertment member has a keen interest.

We currently have the largest wimax network in the world..

We currently have the largest wimax network in the world…
[/quote]

which sucks

I have Worldcall EVDO and working much better.

which sucks

[/quote]

Which makes me wonder, didn’t they like totally used Pakistan as a dummy place to “test” a new technology (which appears to be not very popular in other countries).

so the best of the donkeys in my opinion is … erm none of the above.

[/quote]

Ditto!

Which makes me wonder, didn’t they like totally used Pakistan as a dummy place to “test” a new technology (which appears to be not very popular in other countries).

[/quote]

well they cant force it was wateen’s own stupid decision

[/quote]

Pakistan is a big country and ptcl can not have exchange after every 5km to provide dsl to every one,

if i give example of london would you be surprise if i say dsl is not available everywhere in london?

do you know what els they are using dialup, wimax and gprs (if your father owns a industry).

Excuse moa but my friend lives in London and he has DSL. A pretty god damn fast dsl so watcha talking abt?

they are all different. but b/w Vptcl and WcWireless i have to say WC coz for starters V-fone dont provide unlimited packages and you have to use internet at 6Rs/hour which can be costly if you are a heavy downloader and use a lot of internet.
[/quote]

Do WC Wireless also have unlimited package? I was not aware of this.

Can any one give some more info about it, as their website is down.