Wireless ISP!

I was thinking of starting Wireless ISP. Like Making the Whole building Wifi Enabled.The flats.. Do u think this idea would hit?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I was thinking of starting Wireless ISP. Like Making the Whole building Wifi Enabled.The flats… Do u think this idea would hit?
[/quote]

how many floors does the building have coz i think wifi can only cover one floor coz its signals cant pass thorugh the roof

You might also want to consider the fact that everybody does not have a laptop, and a desktop would require a wireless card or dongle. That might be a hindrance in wireless adoption.

And you might wana start with Karachi :)

You might also want to consider the fact that everybody does not have a laptop, and a desktop would require a wireless card or dongle. That might be a hindrance in wireless adoption.
[/quote]

unless he provides them too. and make a contract for like 3 months with users coz all that matters is monthly income of course we are talking about large investment here. He should call SECC the richest person on wiredpakistan.com/forums

an full fledge isp all over the city or a cable (how can wireless be cable :D) net in a limited area?

if its cable net then its fine otherwise its not feasible

an full fledge isp all over the city or a cable (how can wireless be cable :D) net in a limited area?

if its cable net then its fine otherwise its not feasible

[/quote]

yeah then it would be the little sister of wateen =D

Well Taking Bandwidth from Any DSL Supplier like PTCL , Micronet & spreading it by wireless. Wifi Card is under 1k nowadays! even if i have to install one Transmitter per Floor. It seems Ok. I think many peoples have tried this in past. Just want to check out if it would be feasible?

How much do u think average person would like to pay ?

Around 1k / Month ?

Well Taking Bandwidth from Any DSL Supplier like PTCL , Micronet & spreading it by wireless. Wifi Card is under 1k nowadays! even if i have to install one Transmitter per Floor. It seems Ok. I think many peoples have tried this in past. Just want to check out if it would be feasible?

How much do u think average person would like to pay ?

Around 1k / Month ?

[/quote]

no offense but 1000 per month is a lil too much for that price ppl can get dsl

u want to price urself lower than the competition so that ppl are attracted towards ur product or in this case ur isp

500 rs per month will attract customers

btw how much speed are u gona offer?

It can be feasible in apartments in posh areas like multistory flats in F-10 etc.

But cost of setting up wireless infrastructure would be higher than providing a cable node to each user/apartment.

I don't think normal APs (Rs. 2000 to 3000/-) will work here.

man u gonna need atlest one access point per floor and then per sector of the appartment

the cost of the eqquipment and then the cost u will pay for your main connection

then the users would have 2 buy the wifi card for dekstops and if they are usin laptops and dont have it onboard so theyll hav 2 but wifi pcmia cards

man i dont think thatll would be feasible......... not 2 you and niether for your customers.......

edited:

unless they ur users extreamly rich and if they use 1000 rupee bills as tissue papers :lol:

Well thats What Exactly, I was asking. I will make a feasibility of the Cable Stuff.. CAT6 Cables are expensive too & CAT5/4 i dont want to use.

500 seems to be perfect but would need to conduct what peoples are willing to pay!

why not cat5?