Wired Pakistan Radio?

I was going through my websites archive and found out that I have a shoutcast streaming server laying around. Maybe we can setup WP Radio or something? Interested people can connect and stream music. Or maybe do shows and take calls via skype :D

Anyways I setup a Auto dj for now and uploaded some music so its up and running.

Listen here: http://eirabie.com

good idea though! appreciate the thought...hope someone steps ahead and think about it. It can be a new dimension to our WP forums.

nice idea.

so what do I have to do?

Just connect to the server and stream us your collection. :D

PS: people interested can pm me and i'll send you your login.

send me login :)

^ sent. Use winamp + shoutcast dsp to stream.

this is awesome ....but is it temporerly or you will keep it up for long time

I think it's still paid for 6 more months or so.

how to listen? channel link etc.

to listen online via browser www.eirabie.com or if you want to listen via vlc or any other player, use ip:72.249.144.27 and port: 9998

whose streaming right now?

auto dj

http://www.streamerp2p.com/index.php?page=broad.htm

check this out very well explained how to broadcast

Or this: http://www.primcast.com/shoutcastsetup

Can I stream using VLC?

^ VLC is too complicated the method OP gave is simple and easy to setup plus with mic input option Follow it...

@ O.o

i done everything correctly but its not connecting :unsure: can you check IP, Passwords you gave me??

I am interested as well. In fact I had proposed this kind of idea to a few of the forum members but only 1 guy replied. Lets make a radio show. Its not necessary to do it live. We can record it and then put it up as a podcast on iTunes/Zune etc.

@ o.O

can you also enable artwork on that page?

You guys are sooooo cool (cause you think like me :P )

I wanted to make a shoutcast station - but since someone else has already done the honors... I have a few questions :)

1) are you using any multiband compressors? I use a plugin (iZotope Ozone, cracked of course :P ) and it levels the sound (and makes it sound better)

2) what's your current player set up (i.e. Winamp+Shoutcast playout system, or something else)? There's an "auto cross-fading" plugin for Winamp that crossfades based on the sound level (and not on a predetermined time) so things sound somewhat seamless than basic crossfaders.

3) having a mic set up would be complicated - not everyone can do it, and not everyone can stream. It has to be organized to get a jockey on air all the time. Considering it's complications, I don't think it's that feasable at this stage anyway.

(yeah - I went through a phase in which I was crazy about radio and stuff ;) )

[quote=“Faisal, post:15, topic:16262”]

Can I stream using VLC?

[/quote]

probably you can, but I haven’t tried it.

[quote=“armada, post:16, topic:16262”]

i done everything correctly but its not connecting :unsure: can you check IP, Passwords you gave me??

[/quote]

check “use shoutcast in v1 mode”, and make sure you are enter in password in password field with format username:password. user ID field remains empty.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:17, topic:16262”]

I am interested as well. In fact I had proposed this kind of idea to a few of the forum members but only 1 guy replied. Lets make a radio show. Its not necessary to do it live. We can record it and then put it up as a podcast on iTunes/Zune etc.

[/quote]

Let me send you your login.

[quote=“armada, post:18, topic:16262”]

@ o.O

can you also enable artwork on that page?

[/quote]

On what page? I think shoutcast v1 doesn’t support artwork. Will check that out.

[quote=“shaheerk, post:19, topic:16262”]

You guys are sooooo cool (cause you think like me :P )

I wanted to make a shoutcast station - but since someone else has already done the honors… I have a few questions :)

1) are you using any multiband compressors? I use a plugin (iZotope Ozone, cracked of course :P ) and it levels the sound (and makes it sound better)

2) what’s your current player set up (i.e. Winamp+Shoutcast playout system, or something else)? There’s an “auto cross-fading” plugin for Winamp that crossfades based on the sound level (and not on a predetermined time) so things sound somewhat seamless than basic crossfaders.

3) having a mic set up would be complicated - not everyone can do it, and not everyone can stream. It has to be organized to get a jockey on air all the time. Considering it’s complications, I don’t think it’s that feasable at this stage anyway.

(yeah - I went through a phase in which I was crazy about radio and stuff ;) )

[/quote]

1. No, not using any plugins.

2. Winamp + shoutcast DSP

3. That’s hell easier in winamp setup

Most of the times the auto dj is playing.