Windows xp usb edition! is it fake?

i ve seen so many links for download this kind of windows, and its only 56mb, does someone using it, and is it working, as i am not seeing any sign of it on microsoft site.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i ve seen so many links for download this kind of windows, and its only 56mb, does someone using it, and is it working, as i am not seeing any sign of it on microsoft site.
[/quote]

if its not on microsofts site then its fake

and also there is only one OS i know that is that small DSL(damn small linux) or puppy linux

windows can never be that small

I have it but I haven't ever used it.

It requires at least 256MB flash disk. It's not 56 MB. It is 154-156 MB in size.

i also have it, but tried and it didnt work on my system. Basically u have to download and it installs itself on the USB using Bart PE emergency utility. but could not make the USB to work, although tried a few times coz there is some configuration to be done.

I have Bart PE CD with me and it works perfectly and its link is

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-pocket,1113.html

I love that image...

[/quote]

its a small linux program/OS and same as live CD. 56 MB is rar/zip file.

if i am not wrong, the motherboard needs to support usb drive boot or something..

also, can we intall it on external usb harddisk?

wasn't this xp usb edition made by some indian guys about one and half years ago?

these windows xp usb editions are all crap!

the one i downloaded was of 150 or so MB but it didn't looked or worked like xp at all

if i am not wrong, the motherboard needs to support usb drive boot or something…

also, can we intall it on external usb harddisk?

[/quote]

yes ur BIOS has tu support bootin from a usb drive

i have seen it but haven't used it yet, i personally think that this type of usb windows just carries your 'user' account file and is dependent on windows files installed on system,like if you take that usb to your office's pc it'll use your user account(prefrences/settings etc) on usb instead of office pc account's

i tried it once, it was crap...... downloaded it exuastin 256 mb of my limit and didnt work...... the alternative would be to install xp via cd into a usb urself and keep it to be used like a live cd.....