Windows XP SP3 Now Available Direct From Microsoft

Windows XP users can now download Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) via Windows Update or the Microsoft Download Center.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsxp/0a5b9b10-17e3-40d9-8d3c-0077c953a761.aspx

Microsoft states "Windows XP SP3 includes all previously released updates for the operating system, in addition to a small number of new updates. It will not significantly change the Windows XP experience."

Old news. I downloaded it directly more than two weeks ago.

thx for the link mate i will download

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Old news. I downloaded it directly more than two weeks ago.
[/quote]

Old news but not posted on this forum

so new for many : )

SP3 installation sucked....it took too long...it doesnt work untill and unless your pc is on ac power....so the time light was gone got wasted as it kept on copying files and in the end displayed the abuv mentioned error.....

++ i had disabled system restore still it made a restore point....

++ No significant performance improvement.......as it is mainly composed of bug fixes

if Microsoft will provide all the good feature in windows xp sp3 who will buy vista then?

i wont be surprised if a report comes up that microsoft has deliberately made the sp3 buggy

OmerNaeem: The aborting of installation during battery power usage is a feature, not a flaw. And SP3 installs quite quickly. I didn't experience the lag, as you state it in your post. SP3 was, for the most part, a bug fix release; a cumulative update of sorts with all the patches released to date.

SP3 install went flawlessly.

Vista SP1 was a nightmare and the reason why i upgraded back to XP.

SP3 install went flawlessly.

Vista SP1 was a nightmare and the reason why i upgraded back to XP.

[/quote]

Downgraded, not upgraded. :)

Downgraded, not upgraded. :)

[/quote]

people these days call it a upgrade sarcastically don’t know about bathisland

people these days call it a upgrade sarcastically don’t know about bathisland

[/quote]

That would had been true if the word ‘back’ wasn’t used immediately after ‘upgraded’.

OmerNaeem: The aborting of installation during battery power usage is a feature, not a flaw. And SP3 installs quite quickly. I didn’t experience the lag, as you state it in your post. SP3 was, for the most part, a bug fix release; a cumulative update of sorts with all the patches released to date.
[/quote]

obviously its a feature and not a flaw, but its annonying, there should be an option, “do you want to continue(not recommended)” something like that.

and it took about 15mins on installing on windows xp sp2 (pentium M 1.7ghz 256mb’ gonna get more soon’ RAM)

If the battery loses power mid way, you will have an unbootable system.

Either it is that or you can rollback and start the installation again at a later time on a perfectly working system. Which one would you want?

Installing SP involves a lot of data copying and since laptops usually have a slower rotation hard disk, it would definitely cause the process to slow down.

After my Office Laptop ..i install SP3 in my home PC and it works like a charm

Windows Vista Rocks.

Why People not use Vista ?

Answer ::: People pretend to dislike things which they can't get.

Windows Vista Rocks.

Why People not use Vista ?

Answer ::: People pretend to dislike things which they can’t get.

[/quote]

lol man u have posted alot about ur vista love

i hate windows in general but when i bought my laptop it came with vista so i though maybe i wil try it out for a week and see how it is

guess what?

on the third day it BSODd on me and i didnt even install anythin not even an application

so i wiped vista and installed linux

^ Are you fibbing? Vista has an RSOD (Red screen, not blue).

bwahaha thulla, you got him.

^ Are you fibbing? Vista has an RSOD (Red screen, not blue).
[/quote]

mine was blue

let me check on the net

edit: just checked vista does blue screen

check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death

haha on the net?