Windows XP Installation Error

Hey!

WP Friends

I am experiencing System DLL Files error when installing Windows XP in one of my system. It successfully formats the hard drive through NTFS mode when copying necassary Windows file it gives .dll files copying error and unable to proceed further it also displays different .dll files corrupted message.

I used various Cd's of Windows XP but none of them worked.. Please tell me if anyone have smart idea of resolving this issue

Regards

Jahanzaib

There could be two reasons:

1. Corrupted Installation Discs - You said you tried different discs but did you install from another disk from the start (i.e by booting with it) or replaced it with the first one when this error came?

2. Corrupted Hard Disk / Bad Sectors - Has happened with me, since the installer cannot finish the copying process successfully.

I would recommend that you get a clean (without scratches) CD of Windows XP and try to install from that. It that doesn't work as well then get your hard drive checked if its under warranty or maybe even try installing an alternative OS such as Linux just to check the hard disk out (recommend if you are familiar with this stuff, otherwise don't try it).

Make 3-4 partitions according to the size of your hard disk. Install Windows in Drive E or F i.e the 3rd or 4th partition!

Thanks for giving informative suggestion! i may try both possible ways to get installed the windows

Before checking HDD,

try checking your Optical Drive...

and RAM also...

Try another CD. I think data on windows CD is corrupted.

I will suggest to change your optical drive. May be its lens is weak and it cannot from source cd.

i had the same problem,

after checking everything i changed the ram in my system

no more problems :)

formats hard drive where want installation then check cd rom and windows cd, then start installation again

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i had the same problem,

[/quote]

This may the problem.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i had the same problem,

[/quote]

Exactly.

Since you’ve tried different CD’s, you can rule them out. Check your HDD for any bad sectors and also try another cd-drive.

If those pass, get a usb drive you don’t need for a while, DL this: http://www.memtest.org/download/4.10/memtest86±4.10.usb.installer.zip and open the .exe file and it’ll “burn” the image on your USB. Boot up your computer with the USB drive (you may have to change boot settings in BIOS to enable USB boot) and let memtest run for 3-4 passes. If you get errors, it means your RAM is kaput.