WINDOWS XP 64 bit

i want to update my windows xp 32 bit to windows xp 64 bit and also tell me the advantages of 64 bit xp

which CPU you have?

DuDe dont use xp 64bit

its a piece of crap

if you want to use a 64 bit system, go for vista or windows 7

I have personally used 64bit xp and i am not satisfied....while vista experience was awesome

PS: If you are a normal user (just using net and playing games..) .... then 64bit system is not for u

i have 2.5 dual core processor with 2gb of ram and 512mb graphic card

yeah ,man use vista ultimate 64bit as it also runs all the 32 bit compatible programs...

but in xp 64 bit it simply suckss....

64 bit XP has higher kernel, of the Windows 2003 version, but it has limited support and it is not much supported in terms of troubleshooting support from Windows as well as 3rd party forums etc.

Are you having any problem?

@Typical Stroke

If you have 64-bit processor (for example Core 2 Duo) then go for Windows Vista 64-bit (instead of Windows XP 64-bit).

In layman's terms, and beside other pros and cons between 32-bit and 64-bit, 32-bit Windows allows to utilize RAM up to 3GB (3.2GB ~ 3.5GB) maximum. The limit of usable RAM in 64-bit is far too high.

Therefore, if you are going to use 4GB or more RAM in your computer than you need 64-bit operating system.

Most of the applications - almost 99% are made for 32-bit OSes, so I dont see any use of 64-bit OSes except having more than 3 GB RAM.

Is there any use of 64-bit OSes??? Plz share

^ This will explain everything. http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1426/vista_64_bit_or_32_bit_version_x64_vs_x86/

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Most of the applications - almost 99% are made for 32-bit OSes, so I dont see any use of 64-bit OSes except having more than 3 GB RAM.

Is there any use of 64-bit OSes??? Plz share

[/quote]

Similar opinions were observed while transacting from 16-bit to 32-bit operating systems. From 16-bit DOS and 16-bit Windows to 32-bit Windows OS. All major softwares, including commercial success softwares, word processors, spreadsheets, accounting softwares etc. etc. were written in either DOS or Windows 16-bit programming. Over the years, virtually almost everything was rewritten (recompiled to be precise) in 32-bit programming or replaced with new (and alternative) softwares in 32-bit programming.

It is rumor that Windows 7 will be last 32-bit/64-bit Windows. After that, Microsoft will only ship 64-bit Windows. Meaning a gradual fading to 64-bit OSs.

It is possible that one day in future, many many years later, humans might shift to 128-bit or 256-bit or maybe a jump to 1024-bit OS. Just a wild prediction :)

How will I play Paranoid, Dave or similar games with 128bit computing? :(

:)

[/quote]

Within virtual machines :P

VMware rules!

P.S. I know that you already know it :)

[/quote]

what is 128bit computing? … I cant understand

^ This will explain everything. http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1426/vista_64_bit_or_32_bit_version_x64_vs_x86/
[/quote]

Conclusion suits me :)

Within virtual machines :P

VMware rules!

P.S. I know that you already know it :)

[/quote]

:D

what is 128bit computing? … I cant understand

[/quote]

fair enough…

he means 128 bit machines will be out…

btw i dont think tht time is so far away as 512+ bits graphic card are available in markets

fair enough…

he means 128 bit machines will be out…

btw i dont think tht time is so far away as 512+ bits graphic card are available in markets

[/quote]

Graphics Cards have there own processor so that’s a different issue for them.

Creating a 128-bit or more Processor is not the issue, the pace at which processors are upgrading (according to Moore’s law) is far more than OS. So if someone made a computer having 128-bit processor , the problem will be the OS.

if you want to use a 64 bit system, go for vista or windows 7

I have personally used 64bit xp and i am not satisfied....while vista experience was awesome

need a help

I have Installed Windows Vista 64 bit in drive c

than I install Windows XP Ice In drive d

Now only windows XP is visible

No option at startup to choose the windows I want to start

Automatically start windows xp

plz help me

ok ..

insert windows cd

boot frm it

when everything is done...

the blue screen where ooptions are to setup windows or repair it using [some thing i dont remember..]

there it asks u to which windows installation u wana logon..

do it

enter admin pass

then type help

there is a comand to fix boot file

i dont really remember its name but i used it recently..

use that comand... and u r done..

it will aloow u to add OSes to boot config so it will then show them @ startup..

sorryy fro my poor memry.