Windows WebHosting V/S Linux Hosting

Assalam o Alaikum,

I am looking for web-hosting but I can't understand that what are the benefits of Windows-based Hosting and Linux-based Hosting?

I would request people with experience and knowledge to please help me out in making decision to chose between Windows-based Hosting and Linux-based Hosting.

Thanks in advance.

Windows hosting requires a windows license so its more expensive. The advantage is that its got support for .net which is required by a lot of websites.

Linux hosting is cheaper because there is no software license cost.

That's about it. Personally I have never used windows hosting. I prefer linux hosting. Even this site is hosted on a unix webserver.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Please discuss and share your knowledge about this topic

"Windows web hosting v/s Linux web hosting"

Good and bad, advantages and disadvantages etc…

[/quote]

No, I do not want to discuss. I hate when people post “discuss this topic” threads. It is neither asking for help nor giving information about anything new.

P.S. Linux (LAMP) hosting is cheaper because they don’t have to pay hefty license fee as in the case of Windows based hosting.

^X2

Also depends on what framework you are using. If you were using .net, then windows hosting would be a wise choice.

@rokra

@deffury

Thanks...

No, I do not want to discuss
[/quote]

then dont...goto other topic.

I have just posted this topic, because i didnt know the advantage/disadvantages of these two.

If sharing knowledge is prohibited, go and mention in the forum rules first.

So what are you going for?

Any decisions ?

Linux.

Hi all,

Windows hosting is supported for .net and php and linux hosting is not supported for .net enabled websites.

Linux web hosting is cheaper then windows web hosting.

Does it matters for email Ids?

@shafiqsmartech

What I meant to say that it feels good if someone properly ask a question about a thing that he/she doesn't know. Statement of question is important. Rather than just ordering people to "discuss" it like they are hungry animals waiting ready to start typing on keyboard. Ordering gives an idea that person who is giving order to "discuss" is somehow superior and can drive other people by command.

Your first post's statement could be more properly (at least in my eyes) can be stated as following:

"I am looking for web-hosting but I can't understand that what are the benefits of Windows-based Hosting and Linux-based Hosting?

I would request people with experience and knowledge to please help me out in making decision to chose between Windows-based Hosting and Linux-based Hosting.

Thanks in advance".

Addition of few words and shifting some of words here and there makes all the difference in statement. But these are my thoughts. I am not asking you to change your style. You are free to use whatever you like to do. :)

Hi all,

Windows hosting is supported for .net and php and linux hosting is not supported for .net enabled websites.

Linux web hosting is cheaper then windows web hosting.

Does it matters for email Ids?

[/quote]

You can .net in linux using mono, but you can’t compile the .net files there.

I didn’t understand the email part, could you explain it.

@wampyr

Thanks bro, i have understood your point. Edited the post :)

Hi guys sorry for digging old post...But i'm about to set-up a small business website....i'm zero in this field....so do guide me wat things should i be having in mind while purchasing any web hosting plans...lyk one of the matters discussed above....now keeping in today's requirements should i go for Linux based or Windows based servers....and guide me in setting up my small website..!

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:12, topic:8891”]

Hi guys sorry for digging old post…But i’m about to set-up a small business website…i’m zero in this field…so do guide me wat things should i be having in mind while purchasing any web hosting plans…lyk one of the matters discussed above…now keeping in today’s requirements should i go for Linux based or Windows based servers…and guide me in setting up my small website…!

[/quote]

if you need asp.net database hosting then go for windows hosting otherwise setup your site on linux hosting. am using RanaHost Hosting services.

Dear try RanaHost Pakistan for your every hosting needs.

I m using RanaHost from last 2 years and his service is great and fast servers

Take a look RanaHost Clients Reviews

http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/RanaHost.html

You must try it once, I bet you are going to love this service.

Windows hosting wants a windows license so its more valuable. The advantage is that its got support for .net which is needed by a lot of websites. Linux hosting is cheaper as there is no software license cost.

Depends on your website. Linux is usually cheaper.

I would highly recommend that if you need asp, .net and mssql database support only than choose windows as you don't have any other choice. Otherwise, linux is not just cheaper but better in terms of stability and reliability. Also cPanel is a great control panel to manage your personal hosting which you can only get on Linux.

Linux hosting is the best option although it is cheaper but also due to its strong secure environment so me with linux environment.

I will help you

If you have php & mysql script website select Linux hosting second if you have site in asp.net and SQL server, go to windows hosting

Asif Jamal

Technical Assist

www.Kalhost.com

[quote=“deffury, post:4, topic:8891”]

^X2

Also depends on what framework you are using. If you were using .net, then windows hosting would be a wise choice.

[/quote]

Wouldn't it be the only choice.