Windows Vista price is to be shrunk

http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9882510-56.html

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
For those in the U.S., Microsoft is cutting prices only on the higher-end versions of Vista, and only for the upgrade version used to move from an earlier copy of Vista. The suggested price for Vista Ultimate drops to $219 from $299, while Home Premium falls to $129, from $159.

Other developed markets will also see price cuts, while in emerging markets, Microsoft is eliminating the distinction between full and upgrade versions of Home Basic and Home Premium as it attempts to convince more users there to use genuine software.

[/quote]

How many of you are going to buy the original version :D ?

i have orignal vista, sadly it was bundled in with my laptop and included in the net price :/.. but i still prefer xp sp2.. very stable :$... might move to Windows Server 2008 instead of vista :P

How many of you are going to buy the original version :D ?
[/quote]

Hehe, tough question!

Anyone hear all the hype about Windows 7? What’s that all about?

I am using Home Premium. Initially I hated it but am slowly beginning to tolerate it and prefer it also. Will reserve my opinion after SP1 is officially released via WU.

I have three licensed copies but I haven't even installed a single one of them. I just don't see the need to upgrade when my PC is running fine on XP.

I have three licensed copies but I haven’t even installed a single one of them. I just don’t see the need to upgrade when my PC is running fine on XP.
[/quote]

true.

Asad you should give Vista a try, man. its wayy secure, many new goodies to enjoy computing and much crispy and good looking ('Aero!').

I upgraded to vista once, and now i cant convince myself going back to xp, even sometimes when i need to, like wanting to use some app or game that doesn't work on Vista. but incompatibilities are pretty rare now, problems are getting sorted out.

I have three licensed copies but I haven’t even installed a single one of them. I just don’t see the need to upgrade when my PC is running fine on XP.
[/quote]

Care to share the booty :P

Asad you should give Vista a try, man. its wayy secure, many new goodies to enjoy computing and much crispy and good looking (‘Aero!’).

I upgraded to vista once, and now i cant convince myself going back to xp, even sometimes when i need to, like wanting to use some app or game that doesn’t work on Vista. but incompatibilities are pretty rare now, problems are getting sorted out.

[/quote]

Last time I tried it, it was a Beta version. I might give it a spin on VMWARE just to test it.

Care to share the booty :P
[/quote]

No. :P

[/quote]

:lol:

if you use the same vista that someone else has activated and go online microsoft will steal your booty :P

if you use the same vista that someone else has activated and go online microsoft will steal your booty :P
[/quote]

Doesn’t matters. Apart from the three retail licenses, I have access to a lot of new license keys via MSDN subscription and the MSDN alliance program at uni.

However, the only things which I actually downloaded using my subscription are MS-DOS 6.22 and Virtual PC 2007. :(

Here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa718657.aspx

[/quote]

:( :mad: :rolleyes:

Anyone know when the Pakistani prices are going down? Or for that matter, where to buy a original copy of Vista (or XP) from?

Anyone know when the Pakistani prices are going down? Or for that matter, where to buy a original copy of Vista (or XP) from?
[/quote]

I know Galaxy Computers stocks originals, and I got one (on special request and a wait) from the shop that made my system.

These rates are latest from IOP

1. Home Basic: Rs 3200

2. Home Premium: Rs. 9000

3. Business: Rs. 11000

4. Ultimate: Rs. 13900

these are all 32-bit

How can pirated vista be activated?

How can pirated vista be activated?
[/quote]

It can’t.