Windows Phone 7 should help open up the market a bit

Well, Windows Phone 7 was launched a little more than a week in the States, and I've been a bit curious about how the OS is fairing. One of the things that I've been most excited about is the fact that all the major phone manufacturers, like HTC and Samsung, are launching whole new lines of phones for every service provider. I think it's great that the selection of smartphones is finally growing. In terms of UI, it still hasn't proven itself, but should still help Android show up iOS and the iPhone.

Yes i think it will be a worthy competitor. But i don't think Microsoft will be able to switch many consumers from iPhone. Since two of the most basic features are missing from it at launch. That is multitasking and copy and paste. Both these features are available in Android and iOS. The only people who will take a chance at buying the phone will be first time smartphone buyers and Microsoft loyalists.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

In terms of UI, it still hasn’t proven itself, but should still help Android show up iOS and the iPhone.
[/quote]

Huh?

I didnt get that part?