Windows Installation Problem

i think my laptop dvdrom drive have stopped reading the cds. its not really a problem as i dont use/need the dvdrom much, but the current windows xp pro installed has gone corrupt and i want to format the c drive and install new windows. but the problem is i cant use any bootable cd to install windows. is there any other way i can boot the windows installation saved on my hardisk, maybe through a usb stick? plz suggest.

^^^

dvd cd rom is obsolete, USB flash is the way to go, just follow this articles instructions you'll have no problem at all, even though computer used in article is on netbook, but darn method is same for desktop, laptop, or netbook. i have been using this method for last 7 months works awesome

YOU ONLY HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOUR COMPUTER BIOS IS CAPABLE OF DETECTING USB FLASH DRIVE AS BOOT DEVICE, IF YOUR COMPUTER WAS MADE IN PAST 3 YEARS THEN ITS ALREADY CAPABLE.

http://www.liliputing.com/2008/04/install-windows-xp-on-mini-note-usb.html

thanks alot k2munda. will try this tomorrow inshAllah.

btw, good to see u back. u may not remember me (nick changed), had more than healthy discussions with u before u left the forum :P;) anyways, welcome back :)

If your laptop BIOS supports USB boot then get USB to IDE converter kit and install windows through it.

Hello to all....

I can't understand your problem properly sorry i can't help you...

Really so sad...