Windows 8 Consumer Preview Released

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

BARCELONA, Spain — Feb. 29, 2012 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the availability of the Windows 8 Consumer Preview — the next milestone of the Windows operating system. This latest preview will be made available for download starting today at http://preview.windows.com. The Windows 8 Consumer Preview offers a more robust experience for testing the world’s most popular operating system and is available to the widest range of people yet following the initial release of the Windows 8 Developer Preview late last year. The Developer Preview received more than 3 million downloads.

Source & Full Press Release: http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/press/2012/feb12/02-29Windows8CPPR.mspx

[/quote]

Download Links:

32bit: http://iso.esd.microsoft.com/WCPDL/BD1B8A49393E30CC9C4E5C88457D73E964F1F3B18/Windows8-ConsumerPreview-32bit-English.iso

64bit: http://iso.esd.microsoft.com/WCPDL/BD1B8A49393E30CC9C4E5C88457D73E964F1F3B18/Windows8-ConsumerPreview-64bit-English.iso

Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J

Meh, to say the least. This is the first time in years I'm not in the least bit excited about a new windows beta :(

Yeah well it is pretty much the same as Win 7, plus better touch-screen support & updated microsoft softwares. Still, I'm gonna wait till the final product is released, try that myself, then decide whether i wanna keep that or stick to Win 7.

I am on Windows 8 right now typing this on my Chrome. I have to say that its much faster as compared to Windows 7 and some metro apps are really good. The interface is a big change as well as there are no minimize and maximize button and you can easily more from app to app. Although I really thing if they would have implemented the multi tasking interface a better as it is a bit clunky.

What i most hate about windows 8 is that they removed the start button :( . Windows 8 is basically for tablets , the Metro UI is useless for PC users and Metro UI is the only visible difference between 8 and 7. :wacko: So i guess i am going to stick with Windows 7 for a couple more years.

Well, this is my third day on Windows 8 and I am addicted to it! I guess I am not going back to Windows 7. Everything just works and I really dig the new mail app. I have personalized my start screen as well:

screenshot6xz.png

I had mixed feelings about the developer preview too - it's a fairly radical change in terms of accessibility. Yeah, if I had a tablet, this would definitely be the way to go, but on a laptop... erm.......

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:6, topic:16599”]

Well, this is my third day on Windows 8 and I am addicted to it! I guess I am not going back to Windows 7. Everything just works and I really dig the new mail app. I have personalized my start screen as well:

screenshot6xz.png

[/quote]

anyway of dual booting…i may give it a try.

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:8, topic:16599”]

anyway of dual booting…i may give it a try.

[/quote]

Yup its easy, just make a bootable usb/dvd.

[quote=", post:9, topic:16599"]

[/quote]

[quote=", post:9, topic:16599"]

[/quote]

share please.!

I shall keep hitting 7 till the death of 8. ^_^

Download the Windows 8 .iso file, make bootable usb/dvd with the help of this tool http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool.

Now boot from USB/DVD and selected Custom Install in setup and install the windows any other drive lets say D, if your primary drive is C.

[quote=", post:12, topic:16599"]

Download the Windows 8 .iso file, make bootable usb/dvd with the help of this tool http://www.microsoft…usbdvd_dwnTool.

Now boot from USB/DVD and selected Custom Install in setup and install the windows any other drive lets say D, if your primary drive is C.

[/quote]

download on the go…got around 50GB on secondary drive…lets see how it turns out to be.

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:13, topic:16599”]

download on the go…got around 50GB on secondary drive…lets see how it turns out to be.

[/quote]

Do share your thoughts. The method Zohair shared is the most easy one.

By the way. Once you get the idea that the start screen is just like the start screen in Windows 7, there is no problem in using Windows 8. Its just a bigger start screen with better search and pinning ability! In fact I have not done Alt+Tab even once after i got the hang of the multi tasking interface.

downloading sucks big time at the moment...even with 4M not getting more then 100KB/s on this link...hope it gets downloaded soon.

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:16, topic:16599”]

downloading sucks big time at the moment…even with 4M not getting more then 100KB/s on this link…hope it gets downloaded soon.

[/quote]

Yeh, PTCL is too bad today :confused: even can’t open Gmail.

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:16, topic:16599”]

downloading sucks big time at the moment…even with 4M not getting more then 100KB/s on this link…hope it gets downloaded soon.

[/quote]

anything you download between 2am to early morning it will be download at very fast speed

And that is why i prefer torrents over direct downloads. Torrents always gives you max possible speeds. (talking about private trackers, though public trackers can be pretty good too)

@rnathbatra What is missing in it compared to Win 7?

[quote=“Upsilon, post:19, topic:16599”]

And that is why i prefer torrents over direct downloads. Torrents always gives you max possible speeds. (talking about private trackers, though public trackers can be pretty good too)

@rnathbatra What is missing in it compared to Win 7?

[/quote]

Nothing is missing I guess. Everything that was in Windows 7 is already here. The only change big change I guess is that the start button has been removed from the task bar. You now have to go to the extreme bottom left to go to the new metro start menu. You slide up from there and you can see the multi tasking interface and switch between different apps.