Windows 7 problem

Hello

I have windows 7 installed on my desktop. It used to run fine but I have been having problems since a few days. Whenever I start my system, it freezes either while loading the desktop, or a while after loading it. I tried using the restoring feature, it worked fine for a while, but then again it started doing the same thing. Any ideas what might be the problem and what could be the possible solution? I do not want to lose my data.

Thanks.

What additional hardware you have in your PC (like graphic card) ? There might be several reasons for freezing up

Looks like your display is freezing, otherwise I haven't seen windows 7 showing such hangups

It could also be the RAM, pull out RAM and clean the golden contacts and re-install.

When it freezes, what you do ? Is the only option is to power off the PC and then restart ?

Random system freezing is almost always a hardware issue. Faulty RAM, video card overheating due to a fan not working etc.

Thank you for your responses. I am grateful.

If it were because of the hardware, wont the system also freeze when running in safe mode? It doesn't.

The display adapter is intel g45/g43 express chipset, 2GB RAM, Speccy isn't providing system specs because 'spc dll failed to initialize'.

[quote=“bilalkazmi, post:4, topic:14578”]

Thank you for your responses. I am grateful.

If it were because of the hardware, wont the system also freeze when running in safe mode? It doesn’t.

The display adapter is intel g45/g43 express chipset, 2GB RAM, Speccy isn’t providing system specs because ‘spc dll failed to initialize’.

[/quote]

so that is definitely display driver issue because in safe mode, drivers are not loaded.

[quote=“sah, post:3, topic:14578”]

Random system freezing is almost always a hardware issue. Faulty RAM, video card overheating due to a fan not working etc.

[/quote]

Not related to this post but…what are you doing in Loo? I am a UW student.

[quote=", post:5, topic:14578"]

so that is definitely display driver issue because in safe mode, drivers are not loaded.

[/quote]

Thanks. I will look into it.

Any suggestions what should I do about it?

[quote=“bilalkazmi, post:6, topic:14578”]

Thanks. I will look into it.

Any suggestions what should I do about it?

[/quote]

Try to find updated windows 7 driver for the display. You can remove this doubt by installing a graphics card, if you have or if you can borrow from some friend.

This will make sure if the real problem is your on-board display or not.