Windows 7 Pre-Beta M3 6801

has anyone tried it? especially on a macbook with vmware?

A mac user should be loyal to mac and shouldn't look else where, this could strain the marriage (between user and mac), especially don't eye the wanton Windows :D

On serious note, I haven't tested it on macbook (maybe someone on this forum has tested it), but Windows 7 is very good. Just as Vista for XP, Win7 will be update on Vista.

Wait for the beta coming in January I say - you'll get a more 'complete' product then.

Anybody interested in reading an article written by yours truly? :)

well i tried it today, downloaded it off of piratebay.

first impressions... its waaaay better than vista, both in instalation and execution.

let see how they change the UI in the beta release. its kind of very much like vista at the moment.

I dont think in UI that it will be much changed from vista. may be some little bit "show off" more.

windows 7 can give you its real taste only when you use it on touchscreen displays.

hmmm touchscreen you say? i guess i better try it on the fujitsu st4110 i have. lets see how i fares on that.

^what specs do u have in your Fujitsu st4110.

its a pentium 3 800mhz with 768mhz ram and a 40 gb hdd

mmmmm you should try on it. but it might not be recommended for windows 7.

how was your experience using Vista on it? if that was fine to you, then it might help you with windows 7 too. I have read a lot about "Vista is OK on it". but did not hear about windows 7 experience.

any ways its not 768mhz of Ram but 768MB of Ram.

and it's the maximum I think, that Fujitsu st4110 can support. correct me I m wrong.

yes thats true, it only has one accessable ram slot and it supports 512 only. i tried a lot of 256 on it but didnt work.

i havnt tried vista on it yet, although i am thinking about checking out the tablet features of vista on it some day.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Wait for the beta coming in January I say - you’ll get a more ‘complete’ product then.

Anybody interested in reading an article written by yours truly? :)

[/quote]

How much do they pay your for one article? :P

^I think they dont pay but they publish article with your names only.

nothing such mentioned on their website about paying.

http://spider.tm/main.html?pgsrc=writetospider&submenu=wspider&dirtarget=none

am I right wzub?

running Windows 7 build 6956 (6.1.6956.0) 32-bit on my Acer 5920G. Works perfectly, and as stable as pre-SP1 Vista I'd say, including the WorldCall EVDO USB modem, except with some issues in resuming from Sleep mode.

I'd use it as my primary OS if the 64-bit version was leaked as well ^_^ as it is, will just wait for the official public beta post-14th of January.

better than vista or not!!!!

I am great fan of vista by the way!!!!

i would say looks definitely better than vista atm, although will have to wait for atleast the beta release.

I have 2.8Ghz processor and 1 Gb ram..But still dont install VISTA because it doesnt run smoothly!!!!

However I have used transformation packs and they are more than okay!!!!(to give vista looks!!))

you are right, kind of. it gives me the slows too even on the macbook with 2.16 c2d and 2gb ram

^I think they dont pay but they publish article with your names only.
[/quote]

No, I get Rs.2/word.

I’d say Vista needs at least 2GB RAM to work, and you probably need 4GB to get comfortable. They showed Windows 7 running on an ASUS EeePC (1GHz processor, 1GB RAM) at PDC so that’s a good sign.

^Vista also runs on low processor and low ram but the real thing is the stability!!!

Is windows 7 really stable on low processor and low ram?????

^Vista also runs on low processor and low ram but the real thing is the stability!!!

Is windows 7 really stable on low processor and low ram???

[/quote]

From what I’ve heard, yes.