Windows 7 concerns

Hello WP. As i am going to buy extra RAM and HDD now. RAM would be 1.5GB then and HDD would be 320GB. Now i want to try Windows 7. I remember those days when Vista came and i just bought its DVD and then disappointed with its performance. Now i want to know that will Windows 7 will run nicely with 1.5GB RAM,3.2GHz processor ?

Also tell that what are the benefits of this windows over Windows Xp as i am quite happy with Xp but i am also attracted to Windows 7 due to its graphics.

Thank you!

Regards,

^If you are upgrading then why the concern.

Also RAM should be at least 2GB, and I told you in your other thread to buy 500GB HDD since price difference between 320GB/500GB is 700-800 Rupees.

If it is 1.5GB then what would be the problem ?

i have RAN myself

windows 7 smoothly on a 512 MB ram PC...

with 10GB space taken by windows 7

that pc was just for internet usage and multimedia usage.. not for gaming..

and the normal ram usage while windows was idle on it was about 400-480MB

well i increased the PAGE file so that the shortness of ram can b consolidated by page file memory

and thus the windows was running smoothly with 512MB of ram and 1.5GB of page file

on my 4gigs RAM PC

windows 7 usually takes only about 1.1gb-1.5gb[max] of ram

nothing more than this...

and obviously windows 7 is one of the best OS out...

u shud start using it instead of just trying it...

go ahead close your eyes and do a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate...

I have 2gb and it takes ~550mb all the time.

^

may be thats cuz i have 64bit version

32 bit version must be a light one taking less RAM

^^ AGREED WID SHOUKAT....ONE OF THE BEST OS IN LAST DECADE BY MICROSOFT!!!! gud thing is that less specs required n the PC runs like a charm...

I one have P3 with 513mb ram and 40gb hard disk and on taste basis installed windows 7 and it working fantastic even better than windows xp. Only one problem, it need graphic card or something like for good graphics.

Is DirectX 11 currently installed in the Trial version of Win7?

^

o pai...

windows 7's final version is out now...

stop talking about trails....

and no directx 11 is not out yet

^ I think he wants to try windows 7, so he was asking if windows 7 RC had DX11...

O Pai Jan, Windows 7 will be released on October 22.

What you have now is Win 7 RTM or Release to Manufacturing. It may be the complete version,but its not. It will have difference in performance once the OEM comes out. Now here's the min specs

Processor speed 1 GHz 32/64-bit processor

Memory (RAM) 1 GB(32Bit) 2GB(64Bit)

Graphics card DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver model 1.0(For Aero)

HDD free space 16 GB of available disk space

Optical drive DVD drive (only to install from DVD/CD Media)

^

o pai jan

the retail/final version of windows 7 ultimate is already out since a month...

go and check torrents...

and i am using it since it was out...

i have not even touched the beta versions of windows 7

O mere pyaray baray Bhai

From Wiki

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
On December 27, 2008, Windows 7 Beta was leaked onto the Internet via BitTorrent.According to a performance test by ZDNet, Windows 7 Beta beat both Windows XP and Vista in several key areas, including boot and shut down time and working with files, such as loading documents. Other areas did not beat XP, including PC Pro benchmarks for typical office activities and video editing, which remain identical to Vista and slower than XP. On January 7, 2009, the 64-bit version of the Windows 7 Beta (build 7000) was leaked onto the web, with some torrents being infected with a trojan. At CES 2009, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced the Windows 7 Beta, build 7000, had been made available for download to MSDN and TechNet subscribers in the format of an ISO image. The Beta was to be publicly released January 9, 2009 and Microsoft initially planned for the download to be made available to 2.5 million people on this date. However, access to the downloads was delayed due to high traffic. The download limit was also extended, initially until January 24, then again to February 10. People who did not complete downloading the beta had two extra days to complete the download. After February 12, unfinished downloads became unable to complete. Users could still obtain product keys from Microsoft to activate their copy of Windows 7 Beta which expired on August 1, 2009. The release candidate, build 7100, has been available for MSDN and TechNet subscribers and Connect Program participants since April 30 and became available to the general public on May 5, 2009. It has also been leaked onto the Internet via BitTorrent. The release candidate is available in five languages and will expire on June 1, 2010, with shutdowns every two hours starting March 1, 2010. Microsoft has stated that Windows 7 will be released to the general public on October 22, 2009. Microsoft released Windows 7 to MSDN and Technet subscribers on August 6, 2009 at 10:00am PDT. Microsoft announced that Windows 7, along with Windows Server 2008 R2 were released to manufacturing on July 22, 2009. Windows 7 RTM is build 7600.16385 which was compiled on July 13, 2009, and was declared the final RTM build after passing all Microsoft's tests internally.
[/quote]

As for me, i have only used Windows 7 RC for a month, that too only for testing purpose. But yeah, i AM planning to upgrade to Windows 7 Retail sooner or later.

چل یار جو بھی ہے .....

ہے تو کمال چیز نا windows 7

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What you have now is Win 7 RTM or Release to Manufacturing. It may be the complete version,but its not. It will have difference in performance once the OEM comes out
[/quote]

OEMs are the ones which are modified versions of final RTM release (RTM is shipped by the developers to the manufacturers. so that the Manufacturers could install it on their machines or modify the software according to their hardware needs or settings. as you already know the RTM is referred to “Release To Manufacturing”).

you should not compare the difference between RTMs with the OEMs. OEM is not the General Public release, but the same copy as of RTM is the one that is released(without any addition or modification) later generally for Public after the Manufacturers have their pre-installed machines ready for sale.

Final RTM is the one that has been qualified for mass distribution physically or electronically. The mean is that the Same Copy of the version as of Final RTM, you will find after 22nd October in the Boxes and the Printed labels on them.

If you have running untouched Final RTM version of Windows 7. that’s all you will find later.

but again OEMs are not the ones released to general public instead they are shipped to a customer with a pre-installed machine. what you have in your Laptop and the CD/DVD received with your Laptop is the OEM version and that is not for sale…

Has any one tried Windows 7 on touch screen? any personal review about that?

Does Counter Strike 1.6 and sXe injected works on Windows 7?

Anyone tried it?