Windows 7 Backup and restore

Norton Ghost is very famous software which is in use by most of PC Gheek since long time, in windows 98 and windows xp.

Now in windows 7 has taken their place. Which soft ware is better to make and restore backup image of windows?

I am also looking for any good alternate of Ghost to make Windows 7 image.

Windows 7 has a built-in capability of making a system image

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Back-up-your-programs-system-settings-and-files

Try Maricum Reflect Free Version.......this is really great. You can burn boot able cd from this application to recover your system

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

I have used Norton Ghost 15 to creat and recover my system...this really roocks

Did, you tried that on Windows 7? I am also in a real need for image creation and recovery software for Win 7

[quote="sysadmin, post:5, topic:15932"]

I have used Norton Ghost 15 to creat and recover my system...this really roocks

[/quote]

Acronis is also gud and more user friedly then Norton Ghost.If i'm not wrong using Win7 builtin image creation utility has no option to compress the image.

Acronis was just a piece of crap for me... But i think you win7 buit-in utility would work for me :D

[quote="umans, post:7, topic:15932"]

Acronis is also gud and more user friedly then Norton Ghost.If i'm not wrong using Win7 builtin image creation utility has no option to compress the image.

[/quote]

[quote=“WebCare360, post:8, topic:15932”]

Acronis was just a piece of crap for me… But i think you win7 buit-in utility would work for me :D

[/quote]

any reason?

[quote=“umans, post:9, topic:15932”]

any reason?

[/quote]

when you restored you image with Norton Ghost all windows errors are fixed but not with Acronis

[quote=“WebCare360, post:10, topic:15932”]

when you restored you image with Norton Ghost all windows errors are fixed but not with Acronis

[/quote]

both Norton Ghost and Acronis are supposed to take image and restore that particure image when required.Norton Ghost has nothing to do with windows errors.Anyways! its just a matter or personal prefrence.

[quote=“umans, post:11, topic:15932”]

both Norton Ghost and Acronis are supposed to take image and restore that particure image when required.Norton Ghost has nothing to do with windows errors.Anyways! its just a matter or personal prefrence.

[/quote]

Yup ! I know this as I have been playing with these for a long time. I am not talking about taking the image when the windows is already full of error, obviously you are supposed to create image of the fresh window and I was talking about the Fresh Window’s Image :)

Ghost is also best for the windows 7. You can use it on Linus or Unix too :)